Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Bob McKenzieVerified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago

More

Don’t be surprised if veteran NHL coach Dan Bylsma re-surfaces this week behind an NHL bench as an assistant coach. DET is the most likely landing spot.

Good for him, he's a good coach and deserves another shot. And it's probably because his contract with BUF ran out.

I absolutely want Vanek here.

why?

Vanek would be better than Nolan, Josefson, Griffith, Wilson, Bailey, Larsson, Girgensons, maybe a couple more I'm forgetting. 

If one of those guys is in a top 6 wing slot and Vanek is the best remaining winger FA, then bring him in. 

If these stipulations aren't met, then don't look twice at him.

I'd sign him for 2 mil and play him on Eichel's wing because it's a good idea.

Are we tying a rope to Eichel to drag Vanek up ice with him too? Vanek isn't fast enough for me to want him on Jack's wing. On the PP sure. Outside of that Vanek should be a 3rd line guy. 

Bringing back in Vanek at this point in his career does not seem like a safe bet. I'd wager that he'd be unable to keep up with Eichel, anyway. Some people seem to think Vanek could parlay past glories and cash in one more time. That is a more than uncertain proposition, in my eyes.

And when to hit or stay

DAMMIT ALL.

I don't think I got this one.

I posted to the same effect -- WC's was more pithy and to the point (and therefore funnier):

Bringing back in Vanek at this point in his career does not seem like a safe bet. I'd wager that he'd be unable to keep up with Eichel, anyway. Some people seem to think Vanek could parlay past glories and cash in one more time. That is a more than uncertain proposition, in my eyes.

I'd sign him for 2 mil and play him on Eichel's wing because it's a good idea.

Shoring up the LW with say, Perron and Vanek would represent a job well done by Bottterill.

DAMMIT ALL.

:lol:

We want to get faster and younger on the wings, bring me Thomas Vanek!

Hell no

As Flagg said: if one of those younger, faster wingers is Josefson, I’d rather have the older, slower player.

It depends who else Botterill is able to bring in.

We want to get faster and younger on the wings, bring me Thomas Vanek!

Hell no

It's not bring in Vanek instead of a faster, younger winger, it is bring in Vanek because there isn't a faster, younger winger that improves the team that is available.

Edited by We've