Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Too much early excitement and everyone walks away disappointed.

Rasmus Dahlin will be better than Nick Lidstrom. HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Edited by Skurk Liger

Not excited for the draft one bit. We already know the pick, and their second pick will be years away. The excitement came and went with the lottery.

I'll be at the Awards show next week.

And yet, I get a sense of calm from Dahlin where it just seems like business as usual for him. He seems excited but not in the freaking out type of way. More in the matter of fact yes I am the 1st overall pick sort of deal. 

Speaking of Dahlin, he accurately predicted Washington would win the cup 4 games to 1. 

https://youtu.be/EEji_-sGa0s?t=2m51s

Never too high, never too low.  That's the way I like to flow.  Completely understand where you are coming from... the hype train can be very appealing.

See, I was fishing for a response from inkman with my post.  I probably messed that one up though by saying everyone walks away disappointed.

And yet, I get a sense of calm from Dahlin where it just seems like business as usual for him. He seems excited but not in the freaking out type of way. More in the matter of fact yes I am the 1st overall pick sort of deal.

I hope he can instill that "calm urgency" into Jack and Sam and ROR.  I think we have a lot of good players, but what we're missing is that catalyst that brings the team up to its potential.

See, I was fishing for a response from inkman with my post.  I probably messed that one up though by saying everyone walks away disappointed.

It would appear you used the wrong bait.  You might want to try something trashier to get an inkman to bite.   :w00t:

holy motherfunking sh1tballs is this story crazy:

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/mike-hoffmans-longtime-girlfriend-allegedly-behind-campaign-of-harassment-against-melinda-and-erik-karlsson

brief teaser: erik karlsson and his wife secured an order of protection (of sorts) against mike hoffman's girlfriend.

an excerpt:

In an Instagram post mourning his son’s death, Erik Karlsson posted a photo of Axel’s tiny footprints. In the post, Karlsson thanked the city and the team’s fans for their love and support and wrote: “We feel very lucky to be Axel’s parents. Even though he was stillborn, we know we will hold him again one day under different circumstances and the joy he gave us will be with us forever.”

The post garnered more than 10,000 comments, with the overwhelming majority of them expressions of support and sympathy for the couple. However, one comment, posted by user @sandydandy45, stood out: “I feel bad for the baby he didn’t have a chance with Melinda popping pain killer medication everyday.”

It took the league’s top defenceman just seven minutes to respond: “How dare you. You have been making fake accounts and buying hacked ones for months to harass me and my wife but this is an all new low even for you. You are a disgusting person.”

Edited by That Aud Smell

Holy hell man. What a piece of ###### Hoffman's gf is is. 

Also, if his wife did do that (which idk we'll ever really know), then she is too.

Either way, there is 0% chance Karlsson isn't moved

Edited by WildCard

Holy hell man. What a piece of ###### Hoffman is. 

Also, if his wife did do that (which idk we'll ever really know), then she is too.

Either way, there is 0% chance Karlsson isn't moved

I glossed through the article, so I am asking: This reflects badly on Hoffman, how? Because his girlfriend is a terrible person? (And because he didn't 86 her?)

I glossed through the article, so I am asking: This reflects badly on Hoffman, how? Because his girlfriend is a terrible person? (And because he didn't 86 her?)

Didn't read the fact that was his girlfriend, not him. That's on me

Still, dude, you gotta break up with that girl. 

Edit: Gotta wonder if this is a big reason Karlsson hates it there. If it's been going on for months and he knows about it

Edited by WildCard

The stuff alleged - if true - would indicate that Hoffman's girlfriend is ... an effin' sociopath. Cripes.

I mean, it's true

Reached on Tuesday afternoon, Hoffman said, “There’s nothing really for me to say, at this time. That’s all I can say.”

And all of those accounts are mysteriously deleted? That's a classic burner account formula. Hell the 76's GM just did it

Jesus, I assumed it was some sicko fan. But a teammate's girlfriend? Yikes.

You can imagine the back story: They used to be pals, and then had a rift. And then Hoffman's GF just went full-on bonkers.

p.s. Who the hell knows -- the stuff about pill popping could well have a basis in fact. Shoot -- they probably abused prescription painkillers together. But to create burner accounts to taunt the woman regarding a stillborn infant ... I cannot begin to understand how a person ends up in that spot.

holy motherfunking sh1tballs is this story crazy:

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/mike-hoffmans-longtime-girlfriend-allegedly-behind-campaign-of-harassment-against-melinda-and-erik-karlsson

brief teaser: erik karlsson and his wife secured an order of protection (of sorts) against mike hoffman's girlfriend.

an excerpt:

In an Instagram post mourning his son’s death, Erik Karlsson posted a photo of Axel’s tiny footprints. In the post, Karlsson thanked the city and the team’s fans for their love and support and wrote: “We feel very lucky to be Axel’s parents. Even though he was stillborn, we know we will hold him again one day under different circumstances and the joy he gave us will be with us forever.”

The post garnered more than 10,000 comments, with the overwhelming majority of them expressions of support and sympathy for the couple. However, one comment, posted by user @[/size]sandydandy45, stood out: “I feel bad for the baby he didn’t have a chance with Melinda popping pain killer medication everyday.”

It took the league’s top defenceman just seven minutes to respond: “How dare you. You have been making fake accounts and buying hacked ones for months to harass me and my wife but this is an all new low even for you. You are a disgusting person.”

I had just read that something had gone on off the ice that guaranteed Hoffman was being traded.

That certainly fits.

like, traded where?

No kidding. Even with mitigating circumstances show up in his favour, he will be in the KHL.

Who would bring that into their dressing room?

Time for JBot to buy low.

(I’m kidding, I’m kidding)

You can imagine the back story: They used to be pals, and then had a rift. And then Hoffman's GF just went full-on bonkers.

p.s. Who the hell knows -- the stuff about pill popping could well have a basis in fact. Shoot -- they probably abused prescription painkillers together. But to create burner accounts to taunt the woman regarding a stillborn infant ... I cannot begin to understand how a person ends up in that spot.

Kyle Turris' wife pretty much just confirmed it's true - https://twitter.com/julieturris/status/1006649117915824128

Something tells me Hoffman is the on leaving now. Though Karlsson could still definitely leave for his pure hatred for his owner, the losing, and the money

If I was EK, I'd just leave to get a new start, the team obviously didn't do much to protect the victims in this.