Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

NHL celebrating Black History month for the 1st time

Long over due. All though, I hope there comes a day when we can all just celebrate being human beings day.

With that said, actively awaiting scouting list for tonight's game. Hey, I love the tea leaves, what can I say...…..now, if we only had someone here to read them...………..:)

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/2/2019 at 7:18 AM, Scottysabres said:

Long over due. All though, I hope there comes a day when we can all just celebrate being human beings day.

With that said, actively awaiting scouting list for tonight's game. Hey, I love the tea leaves, what can I say...…..now, if we only had someone here to read them...………..:)

Morgan Freeman agrees. Check out some of his interviews. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Roslovic with a hatty last night.

watched that game. He was a beast on the power play, all 3 came on the pp.

Ritchie, Spronge and Shore with the Ducks tallies. That is interesting as well. The Jets shutdown Getz, Perry and Rakell with their speed, then went in with their other 2 lines for the kill, and it worked. Good coach?

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

He’s on the TSN Trade Board, is that because of pending cap issues? 

I heard that too. He has one more season at 894k so it isn't about cap issues. He's a player that will be very important for the team going forward as he will not be making BIG money. They're trying to groom him for 2C but I t hink his future is on the RW...Laine and Wheeler play RW though...I am guessing he is on there because that is who other teams are asking for. He's a keeper but Maurice is bringing him along slowly. He averages just over 9 minutes a game. He usually plays on the 2PP and is a great skater that has excellent acceleration. Defensively responsible in all areas of the ice. A good shot and good IQ. He always comes in at the number one spots for all the tests they do when everyone first shows up for TC...2 or 3 years in a row now. His biggest flaw in his lack of consistency if you ask me. I'm glad Maurice has the option to bring him along slowly. Inconsistency seems to be one of the biggest things with youngsters. It's a grueling schedule, especially when you are travelling like some of the teams in the west travel.

I heard Pitt wanted Lowry for Brassard!!! That must have been a quick convo. 

As far as shutting down Getz and them (Perry's first game back by the way), it is usually Lowry's line that goes up against the other team's top lines but Maurice is fine playing Scheif's line as well. Lowry is a beast and the shift is usually spent cycling in the O zone. It is our 4th line that has really picked it up lately. Lemieux has shown some soft hands and Appleton and he are gelling with Copper. 

If only Laine would wake the fack up from his deep sleep and start playing hockey again...he scored 18 goals in November and has scored 4 since then. I'm not sure what the problem is but I wish he'd wake up...Maybe Minny will fall in the standings and trade us Staal at the TD.

As far as the coach goes, I am more than happy with him but he has his detractors...fans have been calling for his head since he was hired...you can't keep firing coaches and GMs...you have to make a plan and stick to it...the owners and the GM and the coaches have all got to be on board with it...consistency in management accounts for a lot if you ask me.

Edited by Ducky
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Ducky said:

If only Laine would wake the fack up from his deep sleep and start playing hockey again...he scored 18 goals in November and has scored 4 since then. I'm not sure what the problem is but I wish he'd wake up...Maybe Minny will fall in the standings and trade us Staal at the TD.

Laine must be on the same production cycle as the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Ducky said:

I heard that too. He has one more season at 894k so it isn't about cap issues. He's a player that will be very important for the team going forward as he will not be making BIG money. They're trying to groom him for 2C but I t hink his future is on the RW...Laine and Wheeler play RW though...I am guessing he is on there because that is who other teams are asking for. He's a keeper but Maurice is bringing him along slowly. He averages just over 9 minutes a game. He usually plays on the 2PP and is a great skater that has excellent acceleration. Defensively responsible in all areas of the ice. A good shot and good IQ. He always comes in at the number one spots for all the tests they do when everyone first shows up for TC...2 or 3 years in a row now. His biggest flaw in his lack of consistency if you ask me. I'm glad Maurice has the option to bring him along slowly. Inconsistency seems to be one of the biggest things with youngsters. It's a grueling schedule, especially when you are travelling like some of the teams in the west travel.

I heard Pitt wanted Lowry for Brassard!!! That must have been a quick convo. 

As far as shutting down Getz and them (Perry's first game back by the way), it is usually Lowry's line that goes up against the other team's top lines but Maurice is fine playing Scheif's line as well. Lowry is a beast and the shift is usually spent cycling in the O zone. It is our 4th line that has really picked it up lately. Lemieux has shown some soft hands and Appleton and he are gelling with Copper. 

As far as the coach goes, I am more than happy with him but he has his detractors...fans have been calling for his head since he was hired...you can't keep firing coaches and GMs...you have to make a plan and stick to it...the owners and the GM and the coaches have all got to be on board with it...consistency in management accounts for a lot if you ask me.

Sounds like the Jets are front runners for Kevin Hayes.

That’s good for the Sabres since they will probably not have the cap space to sign him and he should be a UFA on July 1st 

Situation today is no different than what we reported on @LeafsLunch1050 yesterday — Auston Matthews’ contract extension with TOR appears imminent. Today, tomorrow, whatever, it’s getting done. Projection is 5 years with an AAV of $5.5M, give or take 100K or 200K.

54 minutes ago, WildCard said:

5 years is an interesting time frame. I'm guessing they've chosen these 5 years as their window

The 5 years buys 1 year of UFA.  They went with that because his price became too expensive when buying additional years of FA.  A 6 year deal would've been over $12/ & anything over that would've eclipsed McClavicle's deal.