Jump to content
WildCard

Around the NHL 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

There should be, that hit was late and blindside.

It was a hockey play. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, darksabre said:

It was a hockey play. 

Is Wilson dead? I honestly don’t know but if he is then that’s still not suspendable because this is hockey what has this world come to that people get upset over someone dying. THIS IS HOCKEY!!! Hit hard, don’t ask your employer for your full value in your next contract in the biggest Canadian market and die young baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Per Forbes the Sabres rank 28th in the NHL in terms of value at 375 Million 

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2018/12/05/the-nhls-most-valuable-teams/

The article states the Sabres signed a 12 year deal with MSG. Didn't Pegula have plans to start his own network starting next year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

The article states the Sabres signed a 12 year deal with MSG. Didn't Pegula have plans to start his own network starting next year? 

No. Those rumors were shot down fast. But the deal they signed is supposed to basically be PSE’s own network. MSG equipment and branding but Pegula programming. It hasn’t really gone into the high gear they seemed to suggest it would but hopefully it gets there. Need to sign some more teams up for MSG WNY (as it’s supposed to be branded).

Sign the Amerks, keep the Sabres and see if you can get rights to rebroadcast Bills games on like Wednesdays or something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hoss said:

No. Those rumors were shot down fast. But the deal they signed is supposed to basically be PSE’s own network. MSG equipment and branding but Pegula programming. It hasn’t really gone into the high gear they seemed to suggest it would but hopefully it gets there. Need to sign some more teams up for MSG WNY (as it’s supposed to be branded).

Sign the Amerks, keep the Sabres and see if you can get rights to rebroadcast Bills games on like Wednesdays or something.

Thanks. I didn't hear about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^^

Who's the hottie?

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I don't wish injury, especially a concussion, on anyone, but there is some poetic justic right there ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want the SN announcer to replace RJ.  He describes a game the way RJ used to (and had to, when he was radio only):  you can close your eyes and still see the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I want the SN announcer to replace RJ.  He describes a game the way RJ used to (and had to, when he was radio only):  you can close your eyes and still see the game.

Which one??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I want the SN announcer to replace RJ.  He describes a game the way RJ used to (and had to, when he was radio only):  you can close your eyes and still see the game.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH the good old days, I remember well. paid much closer attention to the games back then...not the distractions we have today.

Actually starting to pay attention more again and loving it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I want the SN announcer to replace RJ.  He describes a game the way RJ used to (and had to, when he was radio only):  you can close your eyes and still see the game.

Gord Miller did the PBP and Ray Ferraro did color commentary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Gord Miller did the PBP and Ray Ferraro did color commentary 

Then I want Gord.  Ray, true to his name (albeit first instead of last), talked too much during play.

48 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Which one??

Gord Miller, according to Brawndo.  Mr. Miller is one of several hundred million Canadians named "Gord."

44 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH the good old days, I remember well. paid much closer attention to the games back then...not the distractions we have today.

Actually starting to pay attention more again and loving it.

Rob Ray is a nuisance.

EDIT:  He's always been a nuisance, I guess.  That's how he made it to the NHL.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 9:37 AM, Brawndo said:

Per Forbes the Sabres rank 28th in the NHL in terms of value at 375 Million 

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2018/12/05/the-nhls-most-valuable-teams/

Pegula bought from Golisano at $165M (according to Forbes) in November 2010-February 2011, despite another purchaser reportedly offering ~$259M that would have moved the team, so Pegula's up about $210M in 8 years.

Golisano bought it for $92M (which included ~$30M in debt to local agencies, which was believed to be forgiven) in March of 2003, so he cleared about $100M in 8 years.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man Gord Miller is not that good. Mentioning him in the same breath as RJ is blasphemy. 

I don't think the puck goes 2 minutes without "pinballing" around when Gord is on the call. 

Edited by Thorny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Pegula bought from Golisano at $165M (according to Forbes) in November 2010-February 2011, despite another purchaser reportedly offering ~$259M that would have moved the team, so Pegula's up about $210M in 8 years.

Golisano bought it for $92M (which included ~$30M in debt to local agencies, which was believed to be forgiven) in March of 2003, so he cleared about $100M in 8 years.

Hmm...I should get into big sports ownership. Seems like an easy way to make some money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, josie said:

Some have tried... Spano of infamous Islanders fame

It  was a good espn 30 for 30 on that. I think all the 30 for 30s ate good. It’s the only espn thing I’ve enjoyed the last few years. 

Edited by bobs0108

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darksabre said:

Didn't Lucic do this with the Miller hit?

Which is infinitely worse as Miller is not a general POS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw on Sportsnet they were doing a ranking of the value of currently rostered Leafs players, and where Nylander fit. I think the consensus was 6th. Was thinking, what would be your rank of the top 10 currently rostered Sabres players by long-term value? As if you were starting a new team today. Not easy to do, I don't think. I'd go:

1. Dahlin

2. Eichel

3. Skinner

4. Mittelstadt

5. Ristolainen

6. Reinhart

7. Ullmark

8. McCabe

9. Sheary

10. Thompson

---

I think the biggest gap is after 6, similarly to Toronto. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would have Samson at 4, Casey at 5 and Risto at 6.

All others are good, IMO, except I would not have Sheary on the list.  Not sure who I would have at 9, but probably Pilut.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×