Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

17 minutes ago, darksabre said:

It was a hockey play. 

Is Wilson dead? I honestly don’t know but if he is then that’s still not suspendable because this is hockey what has this world come to that people get upset over someone dying. THIS IS HOCKEY!!! Hit hard, don’t ask your employer for your full value in your next contract in the biggest Canadian market and die young baby.

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Per Forbes the Sabres rank 28th in the NHL in terms of value at 375 Million 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2018/12/05/the-nhls-most-valuable-teams/

The article states the Sabres signed a 12 year deal with MSG. Didn't Pegula have plans to start his own network starting next year? 

24 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

The article states the Sabres signed a 12 year deal with MSG. Didn't Pegula have plans to start his own network starting next year? 

No. Those rumors were shot down fast. But the deal they signed is supposed to basically be PSE’s own network. MSG equipment and branding but Pegula programming. It hasn’t really gone into the high gear they seemed to suggest it would but hopefully it gets there. Need to sign some more teams up for MSG WNY (as it’s supposed to be branded).

Sign the Amerks, keep the Sabres and see if you can get rights to rebroadcast Bills games on like Wednesdays or something.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Hoss said:

No. Those rumors were shot down fast. But the deal they signed is supposed to basically be PSE’s own network. MSG equipment and branding but Pegula programming. It hasn’t really gone into the high gear they seemed to suggest it would but hopefully it gets there. Need to sign some more teams up for MSG WNY (as it’s supposed to be branded).

Sign the Amerks, keep the Sabres and see if you can get rights to rebroadcast Bills games on like Wednesdays or something.

Thanks. I didn't hear about that. 

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I want the SN announcer to replace RJ.  He describes a game the way RJ used to (and had to, when he was radio only):  you can close your eyes and still see the game.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH the good old days, I remember well. paid much closer attention to the games back then...not the distractions we have today.

Actually starting to pay attention more again and loving it.

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I want the SN announcer to replace RJ.  He describes a game the way RJ used to (and had to, when he was radio only):  you can close your eyes and still see the game.

Gord Miller did the PBP and Ray Ferraro did color commentary 

40 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Gord Miller did the PBP and Ray Ferraro did color commentary 

Then I want Gord.  Ray, true to his name (albeit first instead of last), talked too much during play.

48 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Which one??

Gord Miller, according to Brawndo.  Mr. Miller is one of several hundred million Canadians named "Gord."

44 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH the good old days, I remember well. paid much closer attention to the games back then...not the distractions we have today.

Actually starting to pay attention more again and loving it.

Rob Ray is a nuisance.

EDIT:  He's always been a nuisance, I guess.  That's how he made it to the NHL.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/5/2018 at 9:37 AM, Brawndo said:

Per Forbes the Sabres rank 28th in the NHL in terms of value at 375 Million 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2018/12/05/the-nhls-most-valuable-teams/

Pegula bought from Golisano at $165M (according to Forbes) in November 2010-February 2011, despite another purchaser reportedly offering ~$259M that would have moved the team, so Pegula's up about $210M in 8 years.

Golisano bought it for $92M (which included ~$30M in debt to local agencies, which was believed to be forgiven) in March of 2003, so he cleared about $100M in 8 years.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Oh man Gord Miller is not that good. Mentioning him in the same breath as RJ is blasphemy. 

I don't think the puck goes 2 minutes without "pinballing" around when Gord is on the call. 

Edited by Thorny

11 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Pegula bought from Golisano at $165M (according to Forbes) in November 2010-February 2011, despite another purchaser reportedly offering ~$259M that would have moved the team, so Pegula's up about $210M in 8 years.

Golisano bought it for $92M (which included ~$30M in debt to local agencies, which was believed to be forgiven) in March of 2003, so he cleared about $100M in 8 years.

Hmm...I should get into big sports ownership. Seems like an easy way to make some money.