Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Barrasso was my first NHL idol — Jeremy Roenek my second. My first pro sports team jersey - kind of a big deal. I had a very hard time letting go - considered switching allegiance - when he got traded to the Penguins. I still followed Pittsburgh with my peripheral vision.... and when they won a few cups in was hard not to feel like I missed out.

But I don’t recall the 5-hole stuff. That’s kinda funny though.

Not to take anything away from Miller, but Miller got a lot of his wins in shootouts. Beezer played in the day of ties with no shootouts. 

Beezer had 119 ties. Let's just assume a 50% win percentage in shootouts, that's another 60 wins. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Barrasso was my first NHL idol — Jeremy Roenek my second. My first pro sports team jersey - kind of a big deal. I had a very hard time letting go - considered switching allegiance - when he got traded to the Penguins. I still followed Pittsburgh with my peripheral vision.... and when they won a few cups in was hard not to feel like I missed out.

But I don’t recall the 5-hole stuff. That’s kinda funny though.

Good ole Tom was great, but was notorious for letting a squeaker right between the legs / 5 hole at the least opportune time.

Funniest part, but not in a ha, ha way, was that he stopped doing it after going to Pittsburgh and winning those two cups with Mario and Jagr et al.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
oh, those missing words ...
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Not to take anything away from Miller, but Miller got a lot of his wins in shootouts. Beezer played in the day of ties with no shootouts. 

Beezer had 119 ties. Let's just assume a 50% win percentage in shootouts, that's another 60 wins. 

Miller would be the first one to point that out.

• Like (+1) 1