Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

There’s been an incredibly annoying amount of overtime this year.

There have been 24 shootouts and 46 overtime games so far. That’s 70 three-point games so far this season.

This time last year, there were 91. 

But it does seem like there are more one goal games. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

14 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Got to keep a thumb and forefinger on one hand just to get through those lonely nights. ?

I like your thinking but...

how about a thumb on one and a forefinger on the other? 

Just so you could still hook a belt loop on both sides to pull your pants back up?

22 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Max offersheet to Matthews followed by a big one to Marner would just make my day. 

Also, I'm very ignorant about contracts and cap stuff. But how was 6x6.9 not agreed to, like, months ago? That's completely reasonable for both.. 

What I was thinking to, deal like that should have been done ages ago.

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

If I had to guess, Tim Thomas? 

I'd be really surprised at that. He wasn't good until he was older, and it was a short window

I'm 99% sure this guy isn't even American but for some reason the name Giguire keeps popping into my mind. Though that may just be because of Broduer -> SC Finals -> Anaheim -> Giguire

Edit: Just looked it up lol not a chance anyone gets that

Edited by WildCard

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'd be really surprised at that. He wasn't good until he was older, and it was a short window

I'm 99% sure this guy isn't even American but for some reason the name Giguire keeps popping into my mind. Though that may just be because of Broduer -> SC Finals -> Anaheim -> Giguire

With a first name of Jean-Sebastisn id be amazed if he's American lol, you're prolly right on Thomas, my nhl history sucks too. Maybe it's Olaf kolzig (now I'm just throwing out *****) 

Just now, WildCard said:

Who is...?

John Vanbiesbrouck? Led the Panthers to a Cup appearance early on. Cover of NHL 97.

I don’t have memories of him playing due to age but I’m familiar with him largely because of the stories of that Florida cup run.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

John Vanbiesbrouck? Led the Panthers to a Cup appearance early on. Cover of NHL 97.

I don’t have memories of him playing due to age but I’m familiar with him largely because of the stories of that Florida cup run.

I will always remember him from NHL 97