Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Still gives me chills. Larry Quinn got some things right.

Metal bars in front of the 300's because glass like in front of the suites & 200's was "unsafe"

The slug unis

Blue ice

Rounded goal posts

A declaration that ANY offer to Vanek would be matched

Upgraded sound system playing the Goo Goo Dolls.

Yes, he finally got ONE thing right. :p

(Variable game pricing worked well for him also.)

Metal bars in front of the 300's because glass like in front of the suites & 200's was "unsafe"

The slug unis

Blue ice

Rounded goal posts

A declaration that ANY offer to Vanek would be matched

Upgraded sound system playing the Goo Goo Dolls.

Yes, he finally got ONE thing right. :P

(Variable game pricing worked well for him also.)

Blue ice and rounded posts were just ideas. Are you blaming him for ideas? Do you not think the NHL needed some creative reforms?

On another note, this seems like a good time to mention that these generic megathreads are horrible. Each new conversation started in this thread should be a new thread. Whatever. I know it's not going to change around here. It's how we roll.

Blue ice and rounded posts were just ideas. Are you blaming him for ideas? Do you not think the NHL needed some creative reforms?

On another note, this seems like a good time to mention that these generic megathreads are horrible. Each new conversation started in this thread should be a new thread. Whatever. I know it's not going to change around here. It's how we roll.

The NHL (& many other organizations) need GOOD ideas. Quinn's LAM ideas do not meet that bar. And the other things he did on that brief list were not good ideas either. ;)

Not the right thread and I'm not starting a new one just to say this.

Watching the AHL Calder Cup final on NHL network. Marlies stomping the Texas Stars in Austin. Yet the arena is full. In Austin, Texas. I've seen so many AHL arenas in so-called hockey cities nearly empty in the playoffs. Hats off to the Stars fans.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Not the right thread and I'm not starting a new one just to say this.

Watching the AHL Calder Cup final on NHL network. Marlies stomping the Texas Stars in Austin. Yet the arena is full. In Austin, Texas. I've seen so many AHL arenas in so-called hockey cities nearly empty in the playoffs. Hats off to the Stars fans.

You have to remember that Austin is a big city (No. 11 in the U.S. in the list I just checked) with no major league teams within a few hours drive.  And yes, hockey is pretty big in Texas. 

Blue ice and rounded posts were just ideas. Are you blaming him for ideas? Do you not think the NHL needed some creative r

In other words the game itself is no longer enough. It's about money and they want it from fans of the game or people who just want something new and now something blue. This and commercials have started to make me less and less an active fan.

Ideas while the entire league was locked out or just coming back from it.  I'll never stop thinking that they were trying to keep the name in the press while the sport was going through the worst period it has ever seen.

From Elliott Friedman

A few teams are indicating tonight that upon inquiring about Oliver Ekman-Larsson, they are being told he is off the market. No comment from ARIZ or agent, but it appears as if some kind of verbal agreement is in place. He cannot officially sign until July 1.

From Elliott Friedman

A few teams are indicating tonight that upon inquiring about Oliver Ekman-Larsson, they are being told he is off the market. No comment from ARIZ or agent, but it appears as if some kind of verbal agreement is in place. He cannot officially sign until July 1.

Supposed to have an 8x8 deal in place if the rumours are right.    This is the least Carlson should ask for.

Edited by Huckleberry

Supposed to have an 8x8 deal in place if the rumours are right.    This is the least Carlson should ask for.

From the caps he can ask for 8 years. Everyone else will be 7 so I assume that might mean a slightly higher payout to help compensate for the lost year. So if it is 8x8 from Washington than it is 7x9 from everyone else or something. 

Huh?

Summer schedule

Awards: June 20th

Draft: June 22nd

Camp (Prospect): Probably mid July. The Sabres probably won't announce camp until they know when Rasmus Dahlin's US working papers are coming through. They will want him available for it. 

Free Agency: July 1

Edited by Skurk Liger

no need to impose restrictions on your excitement... with this team you need as much reason as you can get.. and as early as you can get it.

Na it just seemed so far away; much more than the 1-2 months it was in actuality. Now though it really is only 10 days away. 10 days until the announcement, probably a ton of trades, introductory presser...all the stuff that was so much fun to watch with Jack all over again. Can't wait

Na it just seemed so far away; much more than the 1-2 months it was in actuality. Now though it really is only 10 days away. 10 days until the announcement, probably a ton of trades, introductory presser...all the stuff that was so much fun to watch with Jack all over again. Can't wait

I agree.  I've remained optimistic and enthusiastic as much as I could this entire time.  I suppose perhaps bordering on excitement, but not quite?

Too much early excitement and everyone walks away disappointed.

Never too high, never too low.  That's the way I like to flow.  Completely understand where you are coming from... the hype train can be very appealing.