Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm not calling from Belgium ?

I just tried it.  Nope, it's disconnected.

I still know the address and we can send them ***** Toronto pizza if people want to chip in.  (Please note, there is no Toronto pizza that isn't *****.  It's all really, really bad.)

17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He was part of the Calgary-Carolina Trade 

He will sign will the NYR August 16th, 2020

Ha, the crappy sports radio around here has been talking for a while now about him signing like it was a foregone conclusion.  I guess they're not all that familiar with how kids paying to go to Harvard tend to stay there for the full four years.  Donato's the only one I can think of that left after his junior year.  I'm blanking on the name of the one kid who left after his freshman year (Montreal draft pick), but that was a fit issue more than anything.

10 hours ago, calti said:

those girls dont have good defensive fundamentals

I know some people bristle at anything that can be labeled "politically correct", but we are at a point in society where enough people have the desire to push back on such things like gender being the basis of an insult. We have a lot of ways to express ourselves. Insult the Toronto Maple Leafs all you want... but there really isn't a need to insult females while doing it.

14 hours ago, SwampD said:

Philly just got jobbed. It’s the first time I’ve heard the TO announcers sound like homers. The puck was absolutely in before the whistle. 

Boy, that “intent to blow” rule is tough to swallow.

That is the worst rule. It happened this weekend at a Juniors game I was at, down 2-1 in the 3rd, goalie is down on his back, puck goes under him and then poked into the net, no whistle, goal light comes on, refs wave it off and make the Intent call. Game ends 3-1 after an empty netter

7 hours ago, SDS said:

I know some people bristle at anything that can be labeled "politically correct", but we are at a point in society where enough people have the desire to push back on such things like gender being the basis of an insult. We have a lot of ways to express ourselves. Insult the Toronto Maple Leafs all you want... but there really isn't a need to insult females while doing it.

i was insulting the guys not the girls.....obviously------o wait--maybe what you said was really funny...in that case good one and my apologies..

Edited by calti

13 hours ago, calti said:

i was insulting the guys not the girls.....obviously------o wait--maybe what you said was really funny...in that case good one and my apologies..

What you fail to understand is that your insult is to compare men to women.  The insult itself is that you are calling them women.  Which wouldn't be insulting unless you are insinuating that women are inferior and as such the men are acting like inferior women in their ability to cover the slot.

A perhaps better insult would be to compare the Leafs slot coverage to that of a 12U house hockey team.

6 hours ago, LTS said:

What you fail to understand is that your insult is to compare men to women.  The insult itself is that you are calling them women.  Which wouldn't be insulting unless you are insinuating that women are inferior and as such the men are acting like inferior women in their ability to cover the slot.

A perhaps better insult would be to compare the Leafs slot coverage to that of a 12U house hockey team.

But that would be insulting children.