Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

16 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Read the press release by the Sens after firing Boucher, it lists what they are searching for in their new coach, comes off like a job ad in the paper. Lol

Their GM, the guy who should have been canned, said he made the decision last night but wanted to sleep on it. Said he called Melnyk this morning and then told Boucher when he got to the rink he was done, then he talked to the team and told them their play recently wasnt acceptable. 

He said Crawford will coach them til the end of the year, then they will do an extensive search for someone who can teach the young players, listen to them and develop them. The guy on sportsnet was almost laughing over it saying that theres not really anyone out there who would meet their requirements.also said their play the entire season was unacceptable.....

They also believe they made this move hoping the move will help them move up a few spots and not finish 31st

Ron Rolston should still be available, right?

He fits the job description to a 'T.'  (Well, except for maybe that develop them part. ;))  Anything in the description about wanting a coach with a preference for gardening gloves?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Ron Rolston should still be available, right?

He fits the job description to a 'T.'  (Well, except for maybe that develop them part. ;))  Anything in the description about wanting a coach with a preference for gardening gloves?

Nah, let's bring another guy like that here.  We need six coaches in seven years rather than five in six.

23 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I warned of a revolving door about a decade ago and it seems to be happening.

It might be a revolving door, but lets not pretend that its why they are bad. The problem isn't making the coaching change, its hiring the wrong guy in the first place.

If its the wrong hire, it won't matter if they give him 5 months or 5 years......

Caps-Rags went to shoot out.  Tied at 2 in the 4th round, Rags goalie threw his stick at Ovechkin knocking the puck off his stick.  Idiot officials after huddling were going to call it no goal.  Toronto correctly intervened.  Awarded goal for OV.  W for the Caps.

46 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I warned of a revolving door about a decade ago and it seems to be happening.

I was just curious because the post you responded to was all about the Senators. 

Your response confused me as to what it had to do with the Sabres. Wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or maybe you didn't realize it was about the Sens or whatever. 

Just wanted to clarify. 

The revolving door has got to stop at some point hopefully. I like the idea of building the team to mimic the Preds  and other successful teams. It will take some time though.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

The problem isn't making the coaching change, its hiring the wrong guy in the first place.

Letterman from The Electric Company could fix this sentence with an f from his varsity jersey.

• Haha (+1) 1

If you have nothing better going on, watch some of this Nashville/Minnesota game.  You can see the Preds system is nearly 1:1 with the Sabres.  The difference is in how the players execute it.  Predator hockey is great.

Edited by ...
The Ghost of Dwight Drane
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, ... said:

If you have nothing better going on, watch some of this Nashville/Minnesota game.  You can see the Preds system is nearly 1:1 with the Sabres.  The difference is in how the players execute it.  Predator hockey is great.

I too love watching the Preds when I need a hockey fix and no Sabres game in spike my blood pressure.  Tonight though I was curious to tune into the CBJ and Winnipeg game.  Was curious to see the Blue Jackets after their trade deadline shopping spree.  I got to say that I am not impressed with CBJ.  Their new guys (ex. Ducschene?) are pretty invisible out there and have not been noticeable at all.  I think Columbus' gamble will not pay off this playoff season.  On a side note, watching Beaulieu.  He looks comfortable to my eye and is not standing out for the wrong reasons. 

12 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

On a side note, watching Beaulieu.  He looks comfortable to my eye and is not standing out for the wrong reasons. 

Last year was a rough year for him and all the Sabres.  He was much, much better this year but suffered an injury at his peak.  I wish him well with his new team.  His lack of success in Buffalo is, in my eyes, more on the organization than on him.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Last year was a rough year for him and all the Sabres.  He was much, much better this year but suffered an injury at his peak.  I wish him well with his new team.  His lack of success in Buffalo is, in my eyes, more on the organization than on him.

I completely agree.  I felt he was much more deserving of playing time vs. some others this year.  He never had a fair chance to demonstrate his improvement in a sustained manner.  He also could bring a little 'edge' to his game that is sorely missing from this squad. 

• Like (+1) 1