Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

3 hours ago, jame said:

i think the front office and ownership overreaction to a locker room interview shows exactly how similar the mcdavid and Eichel situations actually are.

Uh, yeah, that's why they traded him.  Because of a locker room interview.  

Here’s a perfect example of the high quality of hockey coverage here in NC. Keep in mind this is the guy who hosts their pregame radio show each night, while talking about Aho in the all star game:

”I was surprised to see him skating on a line with two divisional foes”

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I think just about every punch in that fight was a whiff.  At most there's a series of wildly thrown shots connecting with the cap of the shoulder pads.

No I mean the parents. It looks like they whiffed on their high five....maybe that’s why junior can’t connect?.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I think just about every punch in that fight was a whiff.  At most there's a series of wildly thrown shots connecting with the cap of the shoulder pads.

Of course, to hear Jack Edwards call it, it was Tyson-McNeeley II.

13 minutes ago, Ogre said:

No I mean the parents. It looks like they whiffed on their high five....maybe that’s why junior can’t connect?.

The high five has always seemed a bit awkward to me, so I totally get it.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Of course, to hear Jack Edwards call it, it was Tyson-McNeeley II.

And the crowd was buzzing.  But both are to be expected from that one.  From a distance I bet that looked really good.  With the tv view, the only thing hurting is going to be the rookie's fist from repeatedly hitting the shoulder pads.