Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

41 minutes ago, WildCard said:

February is our month. We play something like 11 home games in a row. If we're making a run, it's then

This only makes sense.  I feel like they've played an inordinate amount of road games so far.

10 hours ago, Ducky said:

They are similar players and Rask plays center so I think it is a pretty even swap to be honest. I'd give the edge to Minny if anyone.

Fwiw:

DxI4yoAVsAAUcaS.jpg:large

p.s. I submit that without really understanding what it means other than blue looks "good" and red looks "bad." I know nothing about the two players. And this, in fact, is a reason that #fancystats can be helpful. I can have some understanding of the players without knowing much about their play.

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

It means that Nido is more likely to score more than Rask. Analytics seem to indicate that Nido is the better player. 

Here's a stat for you...

Since joining the league...Rask has .481 points per game.

Niederreiter has .464.

Pretty even if you ask me.

Why is Montreal so good? Julien?

Habs 7-3 in last ten

Penguins 7-3 in last ten

Islanders 8-2 in last ten

...getting absolutely no help right now from the other teams chasing playoff spots in the East.

The Sabres' 54 points would be good for 6th in the West.

Edited by Thorny

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Why is Montreal so good? Julien?

Habs 7-3 in last ten

Penguins 7-3 in last ten

Islanders 8-2 in last ten

...getting absolutely no help right now from the other teams chasing playoff spots in the East.

The Sabres' 54 points would be good for 6th in the West.

Julien and this 

Trotz and his defensive structure. And Mitch Korn is a Goalie Whisperer. 

The Pens because this is what they do this time of the year

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Its been reported today they are looking to be buyers, 1st is in play. Looking for a 3/4 LHD.

Buffalo has some 3/4 LHD's. If we can squeak out a 1st for Scandella I'd be elated.

Fack, that would be awesome.  Not going to happen.  He'd be like a Sabres sleeper cell.  The Sabres improve AND they now get a lottery pick after Marco works his magic.

• Like (+1) 1