Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I can't be the only one who finds this routine ridiculously annoying.

Pi's?  Nope.

EDIT TO ADD:

You might as well remove your beer pi.  I said that @shrader is not the only one that finds your routine annoying.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I agree, the drug trafficking  narrative has run it's course.... however... I couldn't afford to disappoint my fan base @New Scotland (NS)

See below.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Pi's?  Nope.

EDIT TO ADD:

You might as well remove your beer pi.  I said that @shrader is not the only one that finds your routine annoying.

I am no fan of you and your takes, but ...

5 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Ruh-Roh Shaggy...

The incident happened sometime between late in their game against TBL and before they boarded their flight home a few hours later.     Bobrovsky was pulled in that game after giving up 4 goals, and as has been his standard practice, he went directly to the locker room instead of remaining on the bench.     Their GM says there is no friction between him and Tortorella.   

So my speculation is that something must have happened in the locker room, maybe what began as an argument between teammates turned into a physical confrontation.... would be my guess.   

The Jackets have to trade Bob and Panarin, don’t they? Even if it costs them a playoff spot?

Hell of a position to be in, but they just aren’t in a good enough spot to let their two best players walk for nothing in July.

Conversely, what does Panarin in Boston or Montreal do to the balance of power in our division?

Apparently the team leadership pulled him aside on the tarmac at the airport to discuss the incident after the Tampa Game. 

Them falling apart would be beneficial to the Sabres as the NYI would probably move into 3rd in the Metro leaving Buffalo and Montreal for the WC. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Apparently the team leadership pulled him aside on the tarmac at the airport to discuss the incident after the Tampa Game. 

Them falling apart would be beneficial to the Sabres as the NYI would probably move into 3rd in the Metro leaving Buffalo and Montreal for the WC. 

Sabs need to take a non-WC spot on their own.  It's possible, if Phil plays his lines correctly.  And it looks like he might do so tomorrow.

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

Why is it never mentioned just how ugly Edmonton’s uniforms are?

I love watching McDavid play, but man, do those jerseys make it tough.

The orange ones? Completely terrible. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, dudacek said:

The Jackets have to trade Bob and Panarin, don’t they? Even if it costs them a playoff spot?

Hell of a position to be in, but they just aren’t in a good enough spot to let their two best players walk for nothing in July.

Conversely, what does Panarin in Boston or Montreal do to the balance of power in our division?

yeah, who does stupid things like that?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, SwampD said:

Why is it never mentioned just how ugly Edmonton’s uniforms are?

I love watching McDavid play, but man, do those jerseys make it tough.

I didn't realize until now that they had moved away from the blue jerseys again.  Those ones were pretty good.  That team went though such a long period of ugly jerseys when they went through that 90s phase of darker jerseys.  It's a shame to see that they've taken a step back again.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:35 PM, Thorny said:

I don't think Wheeler belongs there to be honest. I'd put Scheifele there before Wheeler. Scheifele would be much harder to replace than Wheeler regarding an injury.

On 1/8/2019 at 5:53 PM, pi2000 said:

Tampa / Toronto wouldn't even be close.  Talk about a mismatch.

You could probably insert any team for TO and it would be a mismatch. TB will probably win the cup this year.

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

I don't think Wheeler belongs there to be honest. I'd put Scheifele there before Wheeler. Scheifele would be much harder to replace than Wheeler regarding an injury.

You could probably insert any team for TO and it would be a mismatch. TB will probably win the cup this year.

Both those two players with point totals through the roof probably hurts the MVP case of either.

As for your theory, I'm not so sure, tough to say. Jets were completely fine last season during Scheifele's extended absence, with Wheeler actually shifting over and playing centre. 

Edited by Thorny
More than fine - 11-2-3 in that stretch