Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

On 1/4/2019 at 11:55 AM, WildCard said:

Seems unnecessary

The part about Americans is unnecessary?  Why do you feel that way?  Americans are known for needing things bigger, larger, better than ever.  They live in a world of being marketed to 24x7x365 about the newest shiniest features they absolutely have to have.

I didn't think that was actually in question with regards to our society.

37 minutes ago, LTS said:

The part about Americans is unnecessary?  Why do you feel that way?  Americans are known for needing things bigger, larger, better than ever.  They live in a world of being marketed to 24x7x365 about the newest shiniest features they absolutely have to have.

I didn't think that was actually in question with regards to our society.

Yes

54 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Just watched Nashville take the Laffs to the woodshed 4-0 (hilarious overturn of a Matthews goal on that stupid offsides challenge included).

They are going to pay the price for that back end come playoff time.  I am sure of this. 

Nashville's D is definitely a strength. Josi, Subban, Ellis, Ekholm is a solid top four.

9 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Just watched Nashville take the Laffs to the woodshed 4-0 (hilarious overturn of a Matthews goal on that stupid offsides challenge included).

They are going to pay the price for that back end come playoff time.  I am sure of this. 

Leafs outskated them except for short period in first two but Ville played better D and Rinne was outstanding.  Fell asleep by third.  Still Leaves D was exposed. And Nashville played consistently hard on the Leaves... This what the Sabres have lost with injuries on back end earlier in the season.  They need to get their mojo back.

20 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Maybe, but I think Tampa is the only team in the East that could expose the D while also offsetting those forwards. I'm not saying Tampa is the only team that can beat them, but I think they're the only team where the Leafs' D is clearly a problem the forwards can't make up for. 

But anyway, if you told me that Nashville was created in a lab with the single purpose of stifling the Leafs, I wouldn't question it. Just a brutal matchup for them.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, French Collection said:

Nashville's D is definitely a strength. Josi, Subban, Ellis, Ekholm is a solid top four.

I watch a lot of Seth Jones here in Columbus, and I always think... good lord, they once had this guy too!?

4 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

But anyway, if you told me that Nashville was created in a lab with the single purpose of stifling the Leafs, I wouldn't question it. Just a brutal matchup for them.

...and here we are, with Nashville's former defensive coach behind our bench.  I think the Sabres need to respect Toronto but not fear them.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-connor-mcdavid-elias-pettersson-calder-hart/

20. Erik Karlsson was steaming mad when hit with a two-game suspension at Christmas. He’s unleashed his anger on the rest of the NHL. In six games since his return, he’s got one goal and 15 assists. Karlsson’s a zone-entry machine.

... holy hell. 

My sources indicate Bobrovsky is a key player in a “highly organized” transcontinental drug-trafficking operation centralized in the northeast United States focusing primarily on heroin distribution.     He is suspected of manufacturing and selling narcotics to fellow NHL players,  NWHL team managers, and executives.

Edited by pi2000