Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

7 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Lehner going full-Lehner again...

That is familiar, but like Andrew said he is playing well and seems to be having fun again.  Good for him.

If I were an Islander fan I would be more concerned wit the 3, or 4, guys just standing there and watching the Star just skate around freely like it's the Ice Capades.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

Btw if you're playing NJ this year, you wanna be playing Schneider

What a horror show. Schneider has an 0-14-2 record with a .857 save percentage and a 4.30 GAA in 2018. The Devils are 1-16-2 in the 2018 calendar year (since Jan. 1) when Schneider plays. Their only win came last week against Vegas, and that's when Schneider was pulled after allowing three goals in less than 10 minutes. Schneider has lost 18 consecutive decisions (0-15-3) since his last win on Dec. 27, 2017. That's the longest winless streak by a goaltender in the shootout era (via Elias Sports Bureau). So, in summary: Boy, could the Devils use Bo Horvat right now.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nhl/story/_/id/25584838/ten-nhl-players-teams-want-reset-2018

Edited by WildCard

22 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I bet Kadri does the exact same thing next time. 

Outside of someone stabbing someone on the ice with a skate blade, I can't see how any type of fight discourages any behavior. Guys are too protected and the aggressors rarely have enough motivation to do something that would seriously give someone pause. I'm talking about life altering injuries. Something that a punk like Kardri would see and cower in fear. The argument of fighting affecting any on ice behavior is moot. It just doesn't work. Maybe 30-40 years ago but it hasn't meant anything since. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/24/2018 at 12:10 PM, inkman said:

Outside of someone stabbing someone on the ice with a skate blade, I can't see how any type of fight discourages any behavior. Guys are too protected and the aggressors rarely have enough motivation to do something that would seriously give someone pause. I'm talking about life altering injuries. Something that a punk like Kardri would see and cower in fear. The argument of fighting affecting any on ice behavior is moot. It just doesn't work. Maybe 30-40 years ago but it hasn't meant anything since. 

Happy Gilmore accomplished that feat, no more than an hour ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Just read this. Strong words indeed. Also incredibly unprofessional, short sighted, and immature. 

I'd be totally OK with Tyler Seguin slotted in as #2 behind Jack. Maybe they'd take Okposo back as part of a package.  Since Seguin is ***** and all. 

Edited by Sakman

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

Well, if he was conveying both the owners and his own feelings in that horse....**** comment, I wonder how long before Seguin just has had enough of it.

He most definitely would be the center I would like Bots to inquire on. His play is exactly the 2nd center we need.

Interesting thought is all.

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This just in from Kim Pegula: "Jack and those guys need other guys to put more of those black thingies in the basket. We need to score more points! Losing one to three is not good."

... so because she's a woman she doesn't know the word "puck" or "net"... but yea hilarious pa... like a fart at a wake. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

... so because she's a woman she doesn't know the word "puck" or "net"... but yea hilarious pa... like a fart at a wake. 

No, because she's a Pegula. I've never heard her or Terry make an intelligent reference to the game. Just an interesting contrast with the way the Stars' CEO spoke about his players, that's all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

No, because she's a Pegula. I've never heard her or Terry make an intelligent reference to the game. Just an interesting contrast with the way the Stars' CEO spoke about his players, that's all.

Uh oh, someone's been triggered.

Just now, ... said:

Uh oh, someone's been triggered.

The millennial white knights are riding in, seeing sexism everywhere. I could have gone with Terry, but he's not the CEO.

Back on topic, I thought the CEO's comments were great. Everyone wants accountability, but without anyone's feelings getting hurt.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The millennial white knights are riding in, seeing sexism everywhere. I could have gone with Terry, but he's not the CEO.

Back on topic, I thought the CEO's comments were great. Everyone wants accountability, but without anyone's feelings getting hurt.

Lol someone got triggered. 

Nothing like an entitled baby boomer whining about something a millennial said. #snowflake