Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Saw on Sportsnet they were doing a ranking of the value of currently rostered Leafs players, and where Nylander fit. I think the consensus was 6th. Was thinking, what would be your rank of the top 10 currently rostered Sabres players by long-term value? As if you were starting a new team today. Not easy to do, I don't think. I'd go:

1. Dahlin

2. Eichel

3. Skinner

4. Mittelstadt

5. Ristolainen

6. Reinhart

7. Ullmark

8. McCabe

9. Sheary

10. Thompson

---

I think the biggest gap is after 6, similarly to Toronto. 

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Saw on Sportsnet they were doing a ranking of the value of currently rostered Leafs players, and where Nylander fit. I think the consensus was 6th. Was thinking, what would be your rank of the top 10 currently rostered Sabres players by long-term value? As if you were starting a new team today. Not easy to do, I don't think. I'd go:

1. Dahlin

2. Eichel

3. Skinner

4. Mittelstadt

5. Ristolainen

6. Reinhart

7. Ullmark

8. McCabe

9. Sheary

10. Thompson

---

Going strictly LT (3+ seasons, & ideally 6+):

1. Dahlin

1A. Eichel

3. Mittelstadt

4. Skinner

5. Ristolainen

5A. Reinhart

7. Ullmark

8. McCabe

8A. Pilut

10. Thompson.

& With 4 D in the top 9, maybe they protect 4 & 4.

And Nylander, Olofsson, Smith, Sheary, Guhle, or Borgen could possibly be 10; but I'll stick w/ Tage in that slot for now.

• Like (+1) 1

My list:

1. Dahlin

2. Eichel

3. Mittelstadt

4. Risto

5. Reinhart

6. Skinner

7. Pilut

8. Ullmark

9. Thompson

10. McCabe

Mittelstadt is still all perception but hopefully that turns to reality sooner rather than later. Skinner is “overrated” in that he’s an incredible goal scorer and skater and can do literally nothing else. Reinhart, long-term, is the better player. As is Risto (and d > wing in terms of value).

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

Watching the Canes@Ducks game.  For some reason Carolina is wearing their home reds and Anaheim are wearing their black jerseys.  Tough to watch

That sounds awesome. Wish there were way more color on color games. The Canes are on a five-game road trip and will apparently wear red in all five games.

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

Watching the Canes@Ducks game.  For some reason Carolina is wearing their home reds and Anaheim are wearing their black jerseys.  Tough to watch

It's the first time in some 3 decades I believe. Can't seem to find the exact year

Also

Duchene to the IR

And the Blackhawks are 3-14-3 in their last 20

On 12/8/2018 at 6:38 AM, Thorny said:

1. Dahlin

2. Eichel

3. Skinner

4. Mittelstadt

5. Ristolainen

6. Reinhart

7. Ullmark

8. McCabe

9. Sheary

10. Thompson

---

1. Dahlin

2. Eichel 

3. Skinner 

4. Hutton

5. Risto 

6. Ullmark 

7. Sam

8. Mitts 

9. McCabe

10. Pilut

Had to put both goalies because that win streak does not happen with Lehner or the like.

Pilut has played well in short time and IMO should stay.

TBH I only put Mitts because other people did but right now I could see Sheary taking his place on the list.

Edited by RambosKnife

LA is playing better... can't take them lightly.... Hope Sabres come out and play a full 60 min.  

As far as value... Mitts is an unknown to me at this point as well as Thompson.. but I think they both could be top 6, Risto, McCabe, Dhalin and Pilut make it, Sheary is not imo, but a good depth piece, just not long term.  Bogo may surprise some folks if he can stay healthy..  Jack obviously and would rank him 1.

1. Jack
2. Dhalin
3. Ullmark probably though not yet.
4. Skinner
5. Mitts hopefully
6. Risto
7. McCabe
8. Pilut
9. Sam maybe
10. Thompson

Need another center, scoring winger and big D who can skate to replace Bogo long term. Hopefully Oloffson, Nylander can make it up next year as well as maybe one other.