Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

8 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

For me it is was the mid 80’s Euhlers when i was little, the early 90’s Pens when I was a little older, and the Hasek late 90’s Sabres when I was a teen but understood the game better. 

One of these things is not like the other...

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

He's gonna sign with Toronto just in time and for a mid range term and year deal. Their real issue is next year when they have to pay Marner and Matthews and Reily. Marner is going to cost them $8+

Marner already has 30 assists, that's nuts.

i was discussing the Leafs salary cap with a Leafs fan and his final guarantee was that Matthews, Marner, Nylander would not be over $25M of their yearly cap. seems a tad low IMO

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

He's gonna sign with Toronto just in time and for a mid range term and year deal. Their real issue is next year when they have to pay Marner and Matthews and Reily. Marner is going to cost them $8+

The way Marner is playing it would be shocked if he takes less than Eichel.

The way the Leafs are playing they should trade Nylander.

9 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Landeskog-MacK-Rantanen broke the 100 point barrier as a line faster than any NHL line has since Heatley-Alfie-Spezza in 2005. Not sure how interesting that is given the propensity for teams to change their lines a lot, but those guys are ridiculous. 

For comparison, how close are Skinner-Eichel-Pommers (or Sam) to that mark?

30 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

For comparison, how close are Skinner-Eichel-Pommers (or Sam) to that mark?

Between just Jack and Jeff they're at 47. Sam has 17 points and Pommers has 18. Obviously thats just total points, not points as a line. At best they're at around 65.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sabills said:

Between just Jack and Jeff they're at 47. Sam has 17 points and Pommers has 18. Obviously thats just total points, not points as a line. At best they're at around 65.

Thanks. That's been our best line we've seen since the Drury/Briere days, and is still only at best 3/5ths as good as the MacKinnon line. It's tough to comprehend how good they have been.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

The way Marner is playing it would be shocked if he takes less than Eichel.

The way the Leafs are playing they should trade Nylander.

Rielly deserves huge money too, the guy is over a point per game and playing very solid defensively. A legit top 15 1D, if not top 10. I just hope all of these guys wring every dollar out of them they can, and you're right that Nylander basically has to be traded. 

8 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Thanks. That's been our best line we've seen since the Drury/Briere days, and is still only at best 3/5ths as good as the MacKinnon line. It's tough to comprehend how good they have been.

Worth noting that Jack-Jeff-Pominville have probably only been a thing for ~17 of our games. 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Carolina has waived G Scott Darling.

If I'm St Louis I might take a flyer on him.  He had save percentages of .936, .915, .924 over the past three seasons for Chicago prior to his current .888 this year.  Maybe with a change of scenery he could help the Blues.