Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Marleau is playing in his 1600th game tonight. He’s just the eleventh player to do that. Howe has the most played at 1767. Anybody think he can beat that? Would likely need to play two more seasons and stay healthy.

He’s one of my favorite players. Sad he ended up in Toronto.

11 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Do you think Hawks ever move on from Kane?? If you were the Sabres GM would you be interested in Kane for some picks, prospects to have Kane on Jack's RW for the next four years? 

Reinhart, Scandella, CJ Smith, and San Jose 1st for Kane??

Absolutely not. 

11 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Do you think Hawks ever move on from Kane?? If you were the Sabres GM would you be interested in Kane for some picks, prospects to have Kane on Jack's RW for the next four years? 

Reinhart, Scandella, CJ Smith, and San Jose 1st for Kane??

Are you out of your mind? 

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

Marleau is playing in his 1600th game tonight. He’s just the eleventh player to do that. Howe has the most played at 1767. Anybody think he can beat that? Would likely need to play two more seasons and stay healthy.

I hope he does honestly.  It's sad he's in Toronto but you have to have respect for the guy.

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

Howe played over 400 in the WHA as well...

The Athletic's new power rankings are out; it seems that they're doing them approximately every 1/4 of the season (which makes a lot more sense than weekly).  The Sabres were ranked 25 at the beginning of the season.  They now are ranked 6.  (I think that's a little generous.)

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The Athletic's new power rankings are out; it seems that they're doing them approximately every 1/4 of the season (which makes a lot more sense than weekly).  The Sabres were ranked 25 at the beginning of the season.  They now are ranked 6.  (I think that's a little generous.)

Another Athletic writer did his own power rankings and has them at five.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I know exactly what you mean and agree with the sentiment, but it is a little funny to me that on a Sabres board, our team is #1 in points and yet we all think being ranked #6 in a Power Ranking still feels a little too high. Lately the results tell a different story.

7 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I know exactly what you mean and agree with the sentiment, but it is a little funny to me that on a Sabres board, our team is #1 in points and yet we all think being ranked #6 in a Power Ranking still feels a little too high. Lately the results tell a different story.

The Sabres are tied for 3rd in the only power ratings that really matter.

• Like (+1) 1

I believe The Athletic rankings were a poll of all their NHL correspondents.

I am surprised those paid to watch and be skeptical have us ranked that high. History had a lot of weight in ranking us a consensus bottom-feeder at the start of the season and it’s hard to believe a quarter season would change that.

I guess nine-game win streaks can be persuasive.

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I believe The Athletic rankings were a poll of all their NHL correspondents.

I am surprised those paid to watch and be skeptical have us ranked that high. History had a lot of weight in ranking us a consensus bottom-feeder at the start of the season and it’s hard to believe a quarter season would change that.

I guess nine-game win streaks can be persuasive.

I guess it all depends on when they watched us. 

12 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Mitch Marner is ridiculous

He was fantastic last night.  Will be interesting to see how TOR manages their cap with him and AM needing new deals over the summer.... and Nylander still unsigned.

According to cap friendly they'll have $30m in cap space to sign AM, Nylander, Marner and 10 other current roster players on expiring contracts.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman speculating that the Sabres might be playing some games in Sweden next year 

EB284163-5EAD-49D0-84C1-DB3977C7A4F9.png

Not just Dahlin, but Ullmark, Berglund, Larsson, Pilut, and another half-dozen or so prospects.

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Never mind that stuff.

Corolla Hatchback?  What in the hell?

They're selling them in the US now, I saw a commercial recently.

45 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Never mind that stuff.

Corolla Hatchback?  What in the hell?

Supposed to be a pretty good car. They're based on the Euro Corolla. The 2019 Corolla sedan is all new on the same platform next year too. 

I wish they'd square the back off a little more like the Golf though. A more useful cargo hold would be better than this fastback stuff a lot of makes are doing with hatchbacks these days (Honda....). 

49 minutes ago, sabills said:

SabresSpace meetup at Modo's place next year

I wish I could afford those plane tickets lol 

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

He was fantastic last night.  Will be interesting to see how TOR manages their cap with him and AM needing new deals over the summer.... and Nylander still unsigned.

According to cap friendly they'll have $30m in cap space to sign AM, Nylander, Marner and 10 other current roster players on expiring contracts.

I keep hearing about Marner. I watch very little hockey outside of the Sabres. He's apparently quite something, eh?

He's a winger, yes? But it sounds almost like he drives play like a centre. I scrolled through a Twitter debate over who you'd rather have -- Eichel or Marner. And it was a real debate with reasoned opinions.