Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

Nah, I think Auston is going to want 12 or 12.5.  I can see him back in the desert soon.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

As things stand right now, I will be shocked if Auston takes a penny less than $12.

i doubt he will sign a deal that doesn’t make him the highest paid player in the league.

If he was gonna take $10m he'd have signed by now.  He's going to hold out like Nylander, prolly go play in Europe or KHL because money.

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Coyotes traded Strome and Perlini to the Blackhawks for Nick Schmaltz. 

Tank justified.   Just think, if BUF wins that OT game vs ARI, then Strome ends up in BUF and Eichel is in the desert.   

4 hours ago, Stads said:

18 different players got at least one vote including Taylor Hall, Seth Jones, and Barkov. Skinner and Eichel are at least on their level.

Eichel and Skinner are not on Hall’s level from last season. There’s a long way to go for them to try and get a vote. If they win the president’s trophy there’s a good chance someone gets a vote.

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Coyotes traded Strome and Perlini to the Blackhawks for Nick Schmaltz. 

This is an interesting deal. Schmaltz was very good last year. Seems like the Blackhawks are hoping to turn one cheap young player into two before Schmaltz becomes expensive (he’s an RFA this offseason).

Are the Hawks just in eternal cap hell?

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Eichel and Skinner are not on Hall’s level from last season. There’s a long way to go for them to try and get a vote. If they win the president’s trophy there’s a good chance someone gets a vote.

This is an interesting deal. Schmaltz was very good last year. Seems like the Blackhawks are hoping to turn one cheap young player into two before Schmaltz becomes expensive (he’s an RFA this offseason).

Schmaltz is playing really bad, not winning puck battles and bad possession numbers.   Solid trade for the hawks,  Put Strome with Kane and see how it goes.

Hawks are trying to create two top lines again.   This actually makes sense to me, Strome was in the doghouse in Arizona, they might regret this trade later on.

37 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Strome and Debrincat had great success in Erie. I’d be surprised if the Blackhawks have sunk as low as putting a guy struggling in Arizona right into one of their most important roles.

Well if I may believe coyotes fans, Strome was in the doghouse with his coach and had the best possession numbers on the entire team.    Hawks might have been a bit desperate making this move, Schmaltz has scored a lot of points for them.    But they need a Center that can drive possession, surprisingly Toews isn't doing that this year and neither was Schmaltz.

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

I totally agree they are not on Hall’s level from last year. The voting was based solely on this year only. Hall and Barkov have similar stats but on teams below .500 at this point. 

6 hours ago, Hoss said:

Do you think Hawks ever move on from Kane?? If you were the Sabres GM would you be interested in Kane for some picks, prospects to have Kane on Jack's RW for the next four years? 

Reinhart, Scandella, CJ Smith, and San Jose 1st for Kane??

1 minute ago, sweetlou said:

Do you think Hawks ever move on from Kane?? If you were the Sabres GM would you be interested in Kane for some picks, prospects to have Kane on Jack's RW for the next four years? 

3.5 million retained? Yea, I'd do that deal.

Kane replaces Reinhart as a RW'er, Pilut in for Scandella, Smith and the SJ 1st I could live with for a 7 mil a season Kane ?

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

3.5 million retained? Yea, I'd do that deal.

Kane replaces Reinhart as a RW'er, Pilut in for Scandella, Smith and the SJ 1st I could live with for a 7 mil a season Kane ?

We all know Kane is one helluva player, but he is 30. how many 70+ point seasons does he have left? the first time he dips below 70 points, that $10.6M salary will be rough. I'd be torn if this were a real thing.

27 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

That Kane conversation was held in another thread and it has some interesting takes. I don't believe that offer is enough. I don't know if I want Kane around this team either.

Also: the Flyers fired Ron Hextall.

7 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Court of popular opinion thinks that the coaching staff should have been fired, not Hextall, and Hextall not doing so was the reason he was fired.

That coaching staff, at least Hakstol (I have no clue who the assistants are), is Hextall's going off the playbook all or nothing move.  You'd have to think that he was probably on his way out anyway if Hakstol was sent packing.

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

That Kane conversation was held in another thread and it has some interesting takes. I don't believe that offer is enough. I don't know if I want Kane around this team either.

Also: the Flyers fired Ron Hextall.

:(

Liked Hextall as GM for a truly disliked adversary.  Any chance they could bring in Snow?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Alzner was waived today by Montreal.

Absolutely brutal signing by Bergevin.

$23 million on a player that a little over a year later can’t beat out guys like Kulak, Benn and Oullet.

It wasn’t like half the Internet wasn’t sounding a warning about this guy.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Absolutely brutal signing by Bergevin.

$23 million on a player that a little over a year later can’t beat out guys like Kulak, Benn and Oullet.

It wasn’t like half the Internet wasn’t sounding a warning about this guy.

So, are you saying that the Sabres should not take a run at him?

16 hours ago, pi2000 said:

If he was gonna take $10m he'd have signed by now.  He's going to hold out like Nylander, prolly go play in Europe or KHL because money.

Tank justified.   Just think, if BUF wins that OT game vs ARI, then Strome ends up in BUF and Eichel is in the desert.   

This would have been the worst timeline.