Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

10 hours ago, Robviously said:

Wait, did it turn out the obsessed Fortnite player was Laine?? I don’t remember ever hearing who it was. 

Nope, the obsessed player was a prospect that was ruining his chances at the NHL, not a player in the NHL. It was also a Canucks prospect. Speculation was Juolevi, not sure if anyone ever found out.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

From SportsNet Saturday Headlines last night it sounds as if Nylander and the Leafs are getting close to a six year just under seven million AAV contract. And Babcock said he expects to get both Matthews and Nylander back into the lineup this week. 

That team was great with Matthews, great without him and now they're getting him back along with Nylander. Going to be hard to beat them.

25 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Jack got 10 from the Sabres and Austin thinks he is better than Jack.  That and Toronto being Toronto, the Leaves will sign him for 10.5, or probably 11.

Nah, I think Auston is going to want 12 or 12.5.  I can see him back in the desert soon.

• Like (+1) 1

Nhl.com staff voted on leaders for the various awards at the quarter pole. Barry Trotz is leading the Jack Adams and there is not even a Sabre receiving a vote for the Hart. I get it, homerism and such, but that seems a bit wonky.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Jack got 10 from the Sabres and Austin thinks he is better than Jack.  That and Toronto being Toronto, the Leaves will sign him for 10.5, or probably 11.

Does he think, or the rest of the league including the Leafs front office believe that?   Eleven has set the number at $12M and I believe that will be the starting point. 

21 minutes ago, Stads said:

Nhl.com staff voted on leaders for the various awards at the quarter pole. Barry Trotz is leading the Jack Adams and there is not even a Sabre receiving a vote for the Hart. I get it, homerism and such, but that seems a bit wonky.

Huh?  What Sabre do you think should be in the conversation for the Hart?  I can't think of one.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Nah, I think Auston is going to want 12 or 12.5.  I can see him back in the desert soon.

As things stand right now, I will be shocked if Auston takes a penny less than $12.

i doubt he will sign a deal that doesn’t make him the highest paid player in the league.

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Huh?  What Sabre do you think should be in the conversation for the Hart?  I can't think of one.

18 different players got at least one vote including Taylor Hall, Seth Jones, and Barkov. Skinner and Eichel are at least on their level.