Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

10 minutes ago, Robviously said:

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: Ryan O’Reilly’s stats look great and his team is horrible. 

I know this board (me) has already blown up over this, but it's amazing how hockey is a team game until we need some goofy agenda to be satisfied, and then it all falls on one single player (the clear best player on their team in the words of every single Blues fan to post in the "your team's best player" thread on hfboards a week or so ago), and that one player ISN'T a bottom 2 starting goaltender in the entire league. 

And it's amazing how I can't keep myself from commenting on it. You know better Flagg

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I know this board (me) has already blown up over this, but it's amazing how hockey is a team game until we need some goofy agenda to be satisfied, and then it all falls on one single player (the clear best player on their team in the words of every single Blues fan to post in the "your team's best player" thread on hfboards a week or so ago), and that one player ISN'T a bottom 2 starting goaltender in the entire league. 

And it's amazing how I can't keep myself from commenting on it. You know better Flagg

Someday, you will learn that the metaphysical is immeasurable.

36 minutes ago, shrader said:

Hopefully he gets his way and the leave starts calling all dives. 

I seem to remember the initiative about a decade ago to do so. The officials were so bad at differentiating dives from actual infractions they abandoned it half way through the season. 

I do wonder if the Kings consider flipping some players to remake their roster. They’ve got a few young players who I would add.

Tyler Toffoli would be great. Pearson is off to a bad start and could be a cheap change of scenery type. Muzzin and Martinez are two guys I’d have interest in, too.

Edited by Hoss

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I do wonder if the Kings consider flipping some players to remake their roster. They’ve got a few young players who I would add.

Tyler Toffoli would be great. Pearson is off to a bad start and could be a cheap change of scenery type. Muzzin and Martinez are two guys I’d have interest in, too.

Re: Toffoli, I doubt a team that's old and slow is seeking to trade away young and fast.

We can always improve the D and bottom six for the right price though.

4 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Re: Toffoli, I doubt a team that's old and slow is seeking to trade away young and fast.

We can always improve the D and bottom six for the right price though.

I imagine Tyler is one they’d hold tightly too, you’re correct. It is exciting to think about the possibility of picking apart bad teams to improve down the stretch, though.

I will admit this team isn’t there yet. You always have to keep an eye out for the right deal but I’m still focused exclusively on what’s here and what’s in Rochester right now.

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm not sure there's much the Kings can or should do. They aren't as old and slow as people say they are. I think they just lack depth.

The Kings are tied with the Wild and Golden Knights as the oldest rosters in the league. I think they’ve got the reputation they’ve earned.