Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

2 hours ago, Weave said:

That they need reinforcement immediately after a good road trip.

Seems that the good habits they had aren’t going to be easily sustainable just quite yet.

Maybe he's trying to elevate their game.  They had some good practices, they've played some good games.  Now he wants to have some great practices so they can play some great hockey.

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Does anyone have the time to use this and see where they rank in terms of time tied?  Other than last game, they've never come from behind and they've never blown a lead.  Those goals seem to be coming early, so I'd imagine that they have one of the shortest time tied numbers in the league.  I'm too lazy to do more than just eyeball it.

7 hours ago, shrader said:

Does anyone have the time to use this and see where they rank in terms of time tied?  Other than last game, they've never come from behind and they've never blown a lead.  Those goals seem to be coming early, so I'd imagine that they have one of the shortest time tied numbers in the league.  I'm too lazy to do more than just eyeball it.

The eyeball test on that chart says you are right. Not the least but right up there.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, pi2000 said:

Without Gibson they're likely nowhere near the middle of the pack.    Quality goaltending can make up for many shortcomings.

Sure but that doesn't make them 14th. Edmonton isn't on that list despite having the best player in the world

Just now, WildCard said:

Sure but that doesn't make them 14th. Edmonton isn't on that list despite having the best player in the world

Gibson, IMO, is the best goaltender in the league atm.    Goalies are on the ice for the entire game.... if McDavid played 60min a game he'd have the same impact on his club.

6 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Gibson, IMO, is the best goaltender in the league atm.    Goalies are on the ice for the entire game.... if McDavid played 60min a game he'd have the same impact on his club.

Would you rather have McDavid or Gibson?

Edited by WildCard

Just now, WildCard said:

Not really what I asked lol

Haha, well if I'm building a team from scratch I take McDavid 1st overall, then trade back up into the top 15 to nab Gibson.    

That said, if the team was Buffalo and I could either switch Eichel for McDavid, or Hutton for Gibson, I would take Gibson.