Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

42 minutes ago, SwampD said:

And we didn't go after him when he was available because we didn't want to mortgage our future.

F'N hilarious.

a la Brad Richards, Rick Nash, etc...what makes you think he would want to come here anyway?

To mortgage your future for a guy who score over 70% of his goals more than 10 years ago and hasn't played here in the last 5yrs, not to mention he's 35yrs old, doesn't make sense.

Sure, I might want him here as a cheaper vet that could probably contribute some...but not at what it would've taken to get him here for a short while.

Hope he does well for LA but I don't see him as the Savior.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

18 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

a la Brad Richards, Rick Nash, etc...what makes you think he would want to come here anyway?

To mortgage your future for a guy who score over 70% of his goals more than 10 years ago and hasn't played here in the last 5yrs, not to mention he's 35yrs old, doesn't make sense.

Sure, I might want him here as a cheaper vet that could probably contribute some...but not at what it would've taken to get him here for a short while.

Hope he does well for LA but I don't see him as the Savior.

I was talking about before he went to Jersey, not now.

3 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

OK, that wasn't clear I don't think.

Kovy is the source of the long time sabrespace meme "there's no room on this team for a 50 goal scorer." Or something like that. It's kind of a running gag, but it hasn't been mentioned in a while. It was easy to miss.

Edited by ubkev
I can't spell
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Kovy is the source of the long time sabrespace meme "there's no room on this team for a 50 goal scorer." Or something like that. It's kind of a running gag, but it hasn't been mentioned in a while. It was easy to miss.

I was the source of that meme.

My life does have meaning.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

And we didn't go after him when he was available because we didn't want to mortgage our future.

F'N hilarious.

Do you not remember...

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

...?

It was DeLuca, whom I dearly miss, BTW.

What a crazy finish to the Leafs-Hawks game. 

Kane scores with 90 seconds left to tie it at 5. Matthews scored with a minute left to make it 6-5. Kane scores again with 30 seconds left to tie it at 6. 

Watching this game, made me realize the Sabres don’t seem to have a “game-changer.” As much as we are hoping Eichel will be one. Kane with two clutch goals at the end, Tavares with a hat-trick, Matthews with 2 goals...these three really impacted the game in a way that we need a Buffalo player to do. 

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Eichel-Matthews Comparsion isn’t even mildly close anymore. 

Detractors will say that Eichel doesn’t have the talent around him that Matthews has. 

I’m pretty sure the Sabres have tried almost everyone they’ve had on a line with Eichel. Jack does have skills, when he tries, but I’m getting skeptical about him when watching other league talent. I’m really hoping Eichel will find a way to be on that next level.