Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

A nothing injury today, in lightbofnthe med tech we have. Couturier is a beast.

Couturier had a fantastic season, and he's always been great defensively. I don't want to take anything away from either of those things. But he had never hit even 40 points (I know, injuries last two season or he would have) previously. Six seasons below 40 points and 1 above 70. I guess I just need to see him do it again before I'm convinced he's the new Anze Kopitar.

TSN.ca has coverage.. if you can find a way to get it.  It's all I know of right now.

I see NHL Network will be carrying the SportsNet feed.

I don't either of those... sooooo I'm out!

Edited by LTS

Literally how can Tampa afford these guys. Are they keeping Kucherov?

Yes, they are definitely keeping their second-best player. They'll have to move a couple out. Smart teams always find a way, and they've maneuvered the cap as good as anyone.

Literally how can Tampa afford these guys. Are they keeping Kucherov?

Eh, it's not that much more than he was already making. Around $2 million (cap friendly is currently dead)? All they really have to do is move Palat or Johnson while buying out Callahan's final year. They'll add young assets in such a deal to fill out their depth, plus they have producers on ELCs. Yzerman is a wizard.

Eh, it's not that much more than he was already making. Around $2 million (cap friendly is currently dead)? All they really have to do is move Palat or Johnson while buying out Callahan's final year. They'll add young assets in such a deal to fill out their depth, plus they have producers on ELCs. Yzerman is a wizard.

Palat and Johnson just had NTCs kick in today, no?

I don't know. I thought they were full

Either way, Nylander + for Gourde?? :)

Maybe we can just smuggle Willie out of Toronto and replace him with Alex before anybody notices. Details are bound to get lost amidst the Tavares euphoria!

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Yes, they are definitely keeping their second-best player. They'll have to move a couple out. Smart teams always find a way, and they've maneuvered the cap as good as anyone.

Who's their best?