Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Allen and Lehner might as well be the same guy.

And Allen’s play on that contract is a mistake we don’t want to make with Lehner.

Eklund’s stuff is so bad.

Buffalo and Vegas are neck and neck on James Neal?

I guess that’s possible if Neal hasn’t talked to Vegas yet.

Because he certainly hasn’t talked to Buffalo.

Further to Lehner/Allen, that is one way I could see Lehner’s rights traded: in exchange for a salary dump.

Ah didn't know hockeybuzz was E5

The top forwards in the league at scoring per minute of ice time (ie, most efficient scorers) makes me sad.
McDavid: 3.2 P/60

MacKinnon: 3 P/60

Matthews: 2.93 P/60

Barzal: 2.90 P/60

Kucherov: 2.85

We basically picked around those top four guys in one way or another. 

Eich was 66th. E-Rod is like 64th. No other Sabre is in the top 200 players. Sam and Kyle were both below 260th. 

The top forwards in the league at scoring per minute of ice time (ie, most efficient scorers) makes me sad.

McDavid: 3.2 P/60

MacKinnon: 3 P/60

Matthews: 2.93 P/60

Barzal: 2.90 P/60

Kucherov: 2.85

We basically picked around those top four guys in one way or another. 

Eich was 66th. E-Rod is like 64th. No other Sabre is in the top 200 players. Sam and Kyle were both below 260th. 

Why do you do this to yourself man

Why do you do this to yourself man

:flirt:

That was my thought too.

But if we had McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews or Barzal, would they have produced at the same rate in Buffalo?  I bet not.  You'd be complaining about why didn't we pick Eichel instead because he might have been in that group.  Coulda woulda shoulda will drive you over the edge.  We got Eich, now let's get a team around him and a system that works.  Dahlin is a good start.

:flirt:

That was my thought too.But if we had McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews or Barzal, would they have produced at the same rate in Buffalo?  I bet not.  You'd be complaining about why didn't we pick Eichel instead because he might have been in that group.  Coulda woulda shoulda will drive you over the edge.  We got Eich, now let's get a team around him and a system that works.  Dahlin is a good start.

McDavid would be the only one on this list who might produce at the same rate

Are there many Sabrespacers camped out around the Bogosian estate?

The one time each year the Bogo Bunker can be opened. 

I wonder if having Dahlin here on an elc makes buying out Bogo an option?

I still don't think it happens. But maybe it's just a bit more likely now.

Why would it?

Why would it?

Gotta have someone actually playing defense. Bogo had a definite roster spot next year just for depth reasons. Adding Dahlin makes that roster spot more contentious.

Unless we trade another d man away.

Why would it?

No, the Bogo Bunker does not welcome those who would buy him out. If there's anything worse than paying him millions of dollars to not play due to injury, it's paying him millions of dollars to play somewhere else.