What Should Be Jbot’s Focus For The Rest Of The Offseason?

GASabresIUFAN

Jbot primary focus this off-season  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What Should Be Jbot’s Top Priority This Offseason

• Get a proven goaltender
    • Change the culture/lockerroom by trading a core player
    • Acquire a top 6 winger or 2
    • Add another top 4 D
    • Clean out the dead wood on the roster - Bogo, Larsson, etc...
  2. 2. What Should be Jbot 2nd Priority this off-season

• Get a proven goaltender
    • Fix the culture/lockerroom by trading a core player
    • Acquire a top 6 winger or 2
    • Add another top 4 D
    • Clean out the dead wood on the roster - Bogo, Larsson, etc..

In the Casey thread we discussed our “hopeless” (not my word) situtation on the wing.

We have discussed our worry that Ullmark isn’t ready to a No.1 goalie.

We have discussed if the additions of Pilut and Dahlin are enough on Defense and what is Bogo’s future.

We have discussed who we should draft at 32 or should we trade the pick for a D, G or W.

We also have discussed changing up the lockerroom by trading some or all of Lehner, ROR, Reinhart and/or Ristolainen.

So what is our grestest priority this off-season to improve this team for next season and beyond?

Personally, I think upgrading the goaltending and adding one more top 4 D should be Jbot’s primary focus for the rest of this off-season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I have a feeling Lehner will be back, and Larsson and Girgensons and Bogo... this will be a very Darcyesque summer. JBOT will challenge the players to turn it around without making any major moves and the suffering will continue for a bit.

I have a feeling Lehner will be back, and Larsson and Girgensons and Bogo... this will be a very Darcyesque summer. JBOT will challenge the players to turn it around without making any major moves and the suffering will continue for a bit.

Pi with another bold prediction.

I think upgrading the wingers and finding a goalie have to be the top 2.  For the record, I'm cool with Ullmark splitting time with a vet as a transition year.  I don't need JBOTT to trade for one.

Clean slate, part deux

I have re-worded the polls to “Top Priority” and “2nd Priority”. I hope that makes it clear. Please don’t give the same answer for both polls.

He was making a joking reference to how critical it is to get a goalie you hoser.

Defense and scoring are way more important than getting a goaltender imo.

Other than in the shootout, Lehner's stats were virtually identical to Holtby's.

I find this insanely hard to believe. Maybe the top level stats yeah, but a deeper dive has to show Lehner let in poorer quality shots

I find this insanely hard to believe. Maybe the top level stats yeah, but a deeper dive has to show Lehner let in poorer quality shots

Why is it so hard to believe. Liger keeps pointing out how many one goal games we lost, in a season where we scored less goals than in the depths of the tank.

Holtby did not have a good regular season, which is why Grubauer was the starter the last while and into the playoffs. 

Lehner sucked. 

I know Holtby didn't have a good regular season, but I don't believe it was Lehner bad

Why is it so hard to believe. Liger keeps pointing out how many one goal games we lost, in a season where we scored less goals than in the depths of the tank.

Cause just watching him. He was terrible

I know Holtby didn't have a good regular season, but I don't believe it was Lehner bad

Cause just watching him. He was terrible

I lied anyway. We scored less during the tank. But still, we scored the least in the entire league.

Our D was worse.

Edited by SwampD

Less goals than in the depths of the tank?

I agree with your point overall that everything sucks, but we outscored the tank teams by...45 goals...and 48 goals.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Less goals than in the depths of the tank?

I agree with your point overall that everything sucks, but we outscored the tank teams by...45 goals...and 48 goals.

Look. I already admitted I lied. Let it go. :)

Our D was so bad this year that forget about how ROR felt, I lost my love of the game.

You know if we had wingers that scored we wouldn't need a new goalie to make every save and win each game 1-0 in a shoot-out!

sign Lenher (spelling?) and have him split time with Ullmark (spelling) i'm in a rush or would check their names (sorry)

If you had to choose one UFA between Tavares and Carlson, who would you pick?

This is a great question. I think I would go Carlson because D is a more pressing need than Center. JT’s abilities aside, we need quality top end D who can contribute offensively desperately. Dahlin will take a few years to adjust. In the meantime, I’d take a proven top 1-2 D from a Stanley Cup team (assuming they close out the series).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.