Sabres Capology 2018-19

GASabresIUFAN

Here is where we stand to date.  I will update as things change during the off-season.

FORWARDS

1) Eichel  - C - $10,000,000

2) O'Reilly - C - $7,500,000

3) Okposo - RW - $6,000,000

4) Pominville - RW - $5,600,000

5) Reinhart (RFA) - RW - $5,000,000* (I admit this is speculation on my part, but I'll be surprised if it comes in much higher then that unless a very long-term deal is signed)

6) Girgensons - LW/C - $1,600,000

7) Larsson - LW.C - $1,475,000

8) Mittelstadt - C - $925,000

9) Rodrigues - C/F - $650,000

Total for these 9 forwards = $38.75 million

Other signed forwards who have NHL potential next season

Oglevie - C - $925,000

Olofsson - LW - $767,500 

Nylander - LW/RW - $863,333

RFA Forwards (capfriendly qualifying offer amounts) - I actually disagree with the capfriendly calculator.  My understanding is that it should be based on compensation.  Therefore a player on a two way contract who stayed in the AHL actually only gets a NHL minimum salary offer.

Wilson - LW - $726,000

O'Regan - C - $874,125

Baptiste - RW - $715,000

Bailey - LW/RW - $715,000

Fasching - RW - $874,125

Smith - LW - $874,125

DEFENSE

1) Ristolainen - RD - $5,400,000

2) Bogosian - RD - $5,142,857

3) Scandella - LD - $4,000,000

4) Beaulieu - LD - $2,400,000

5) McCabe - LD - $1,600,000

6) Dahlin - RD - $950,000* (No 1. Pick will get a max rookie deal which should have something like a $950K with $3 mill in potential bonuses) 

7) Nelson - $812,500

8) Guhle - $697,500* (Still eligible to be sent down without clearing waivers)

Total for these 8 D = $21.003 mill

Others

1) Pilut - LD - $925,000

2) Antipin (RFA) - $874,125* (RFA Qualifying offer)

GOALIES

1) Ullmark - $750,000

TOTAL GOALIES = $750,000

Others

1) Lehner (RFA) - $4,000,000* (Qualifying offer amount)

Buyout/Buried contract expense

1) Moulson - F - (Buried) - $3,975,000

2) Hodgson - C - (Buyout) - -$458,333

TOTAL = $3,516,667 

TOTALS 38.75 (F) +21.003 (D) +.75 (G) + 3.517 (Bu) = $64.02 (for 18 players) =======> leaves nearly $15 for 5 players (4 forwards & 1 G) with a cap at 79 mill. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Thanks for working all of this out. Just one question: do we really need to have a qualifying offer for Lehner and sign a goalie?

We are not obligated to give Lehner or any other RFA a qualifying offer.  I listed the amount as a reference for each RFA.  In fact, I don't believe we'll make an offer to Lehner because he has arbitration rights and I doubt Jbot wants to go through that with him.  On another thread someone suggested making him a 1 yr offer, but lower then the $4 mill qualifying offer and see if he'll agree.  

We are not obligated to give Lehner or any other RFA a qualifying offer. I listed the amount as a reference for each RFA. In fact, I don't believe we'll make an offer to Lehner because he has arbitration rights and I doubt Jbot wants to go through that with him. On another thread someone suggested making him a 1 yr offer, but lower then the $4 mill qualifying offer and see if he'll agree.

I realize that, but I wonder why you said we needed another goalie if we had Ullmark and done a tender for Lehner. That's already 2 keepers on the roster. Unless you were planning on sending Ulmark back to Rochester.

I realize that, but I wonder why you said we needed another goalie if we had Ullmark and done a tender for Lehner. That's already 2 keepers on the roster. Unless you were planning on sending Ulmark back to Rochester.

We have not tendered Lehner and I don't expect us to do so.  The deadline to tender a qualifying offer is June 29th I believe.  

Even if we do tender Lehner, that is no guarantee that he'll be a Sabre next season.  He has arbitration rights and if he goes to arbitration, the Sabres can walk away from the deal.  Also his rights can be traded to another club before or after a qualifying offer is made.   As I said before, I don't think he'll be a Sabre next season which is why I haven't added him to the roster.  The only RFA I added to the roster was Reinhart because he is essential to the team going forward.

We have not tendered Lehner and I don't expect us to do so. The deadline to tender a qualifying offer is June 29th I believe.

Even if we do tender Lehner, that is no guarantee that he'll be a Sabre next season. He has arbitration rights and if he goes to arbitration, the Sabres can walk away from the deal. Also his rights can be traded to another club before or after a qualifying offer is made. As I said before, I don't think he'll be a Sabre next season which is why I haven't added him to the roster. The only RFA I added to the roster was Reinhart because he is essential to the team going forward.

I realize that, but if we don't keep him, he doesn't count against the cap. You have us keeping him at 4 million, and still needing another goalie. If we keep him I don't see us getting some one else, and if we don't keep him we would have 4 million to spend elsewhere.

I realize that, but if we don't keep him, he doesn't count against the cap. You have us keeping him at 4 million, and still needing another goalie. If we keep him I don't see us getting some one else, and if we don't keep him we would have 4 million to spend elsewhere.

No I don't.  My calculation of the cap room only has Ullmark in it at $750K.

TOTALS 38.75 (F)+21.003 (D) +.75 (G) + 3.517 (Bu) = $64.02 (for 18 players) =======> leaves nearly $15 for 5 players (4 forwards & 1 G) with a cap at 79 mill. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.