Downfall of The Buffalo News

IKnowPhysics

The Graham v. Harrington debate gets juicier...

https://twitter.com/bytimgraham/status/1009274754199629826?s=21

For those who can’t/won’t click:

Just sending a friendly reminder to my old buddy @ByMHarrington that he bullied me & tried to intimidate me from breaking stories b/c he was upset I kept beating him, while @ByTimGraham (who he attacked via text for being a “bully”) encouraged me, praised me and supported me.

Lest there be any doubt or debate regarding that chinless derp hack.

And by the way: No need to put Graham on a pedestal.

One: He’ll likely do that himself, thank you very much.

Two: He’s got skeletons of his own.

I mean, that's literally what he was doing there.  It just illustrates that even a snake gets the high ground when you're a C.H.U.D.

I do want to say this: I think Harrington's been doing a good job the past couple of weeks.  He's been doing the heavy lifting in the run up to the draft, and the articles he''s turned in are in thoughtful and leveraged with a familiarity of the history of the franchise.  It's not fire and brimstone or burn the house down or here comes the dear lord baby jesus.  It's been well-placed straight talk on coaching, GM workings, Rip's accomplishment, draft history, and goals for the draft beyond Dahlin.

Inside the NHL: Sabres' Botterill should use caution on trading Ryan O'Reilly (6/9)

Housley behind the Sabres' bench: The first year (6/14)

Inside the NHL: Sabres mainstay Simonick to get his Hall call (6/16)

Key to development: Sabres need to find success through NHL Draft, not just at the top (6/17)

Mike Harrington: Anticipation building for Sabres to be atop hockey world at NHL Draft (6/19)

Botterill on O'Reilly: 'The interest in Ryan is not surprising at all' (6/19)

From Booms to Busts: Sabres first-round history (6/20)

Mike Harrington: With critical rebuild ahead, five areas for Sabres to address (6/20)

I do want to say this: I think Harrington's been doing a good job the past couple of weeks.  He's been doing the heavy lifting in the run up to the draft, and the articles he''s turned in are in thoughtful and leveraged with a familiarity of the history of the franchise.  It's not fire and brimstone or burn the house down or here comes the dear lord baby jesus.  It's been well-placed straight talk on coaching, GM workings, Rip's accomplishment, draft history, and goals for the draft beyond Dahlin.

He also unblocked everyone on Twitter as well

Something about a tiger and stripes.

I'll take that job.  I wonder how much they'd pay me when I tell him "just delete the app".

The job description that was posted by TBN makes it clear that "newspapers" (that's a term that's not really relevant anymore) want and need their reporters engaging with readers on social media.

It frustrates the hell out of me that now we know, in excruciating detail, how it all went down at the News, but we'll go to our graves not knowing why Pat LaFontaine left.

That was the account from the writers who left. I doubt TBN gave their full side of the story and any specific issues they had with any of them.

I would say 60% of the story is known.

That was the account from the writers who left. I doubt TBN gave their full side of the story and any specific issues they had with any of them.

I would say 60% of the story is known.

That's about 59.5% more than what we know about the LaFontaine saga.

Dead men don't talk.

I guess. Apparently the former BN staffers don't have NDAs with the paper.

That's about 59.5% more than what we know about the LaFontaine saga.

I guess. Apparently the former BN staffers don't have NDAs with the paper.

Which is completely shortsighted on the part of TBN.  Should have been part of the buyout agreements.

Which is completely shortsighted on the part of TBN. Should have been part of the buyout agreements.

Ehhhh. I dunno. That’d be a weird ass look for a venture whose stock and trade is the 1st Amendment and such.

(Yes, yes. I know: TBN is not the government. Still.)

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.