2018 NHL Scouting Combine - Buffalo, NY

Derrico

I guess that's the benefit with not having to waste your interviews on 1st round prospects. We know we're picking Dahlin #1, so lets focus on mining a diamond in round 2.

Diamonds are nice, but our depth is in that area too. We've only taken one winger, Brett Murray, in rounds 2-5 since taking Eichel.

He isn't the best skater. Ty Dellandrea on the other hand.

Sorry Liger, I should have been more specific that was actually two separate players I was talking about. The first player was Oliver Wahlstrom that I told I can think of another Jack whose wing you would look good on, he smiled and said Eichel’s.

Oh hahaha. He would look great but, I'm 100% sure we're taking Dahlin. I can't say why exactly (ik he's the consensus and it isn't that) but we're definitely taking Dahlin. It's just a formality at this stage. The Sabres are already preparing for his arrival at prospect camp.

I did not have Dahlin, but I did have Adam Boqvist who is Dahlin’s Roomie for the week.

He mentioned that he is having dinner with the Red Wings and I said that Dahlin must be busy as well.

He said the Sabres have him booked from 2-7 today. An extensive interview, locker room tour and Dinner with the Brass. Dahlin even joked that the Sabres will probably have me sign my contract sometime today as well.

I did not have Dahlin, but I did have Adam Boqvist who is Dahlin’s Roomie for the week.

He mentioned that he is having dinner with the Red Wings and I said that Dahlin must be busy as well.

He said the Sabres have him booked from 2-7 today. An extensive interview, locker room tour and Dinner with the Brass. Dahlin even joked that the Sabres will probably have me sign my contract sometime today as well.

Your posts from the combine are some of the stuff i look forward to most every year. Good stuff and keep it coming!!

Did they check Dahlin's hereditary arthritis? I'm assuming that came up in his physical. His brother retired at age 20 because of it.

Did they check Dahlin's hereditary arthritis? I'm assuming that came up in his physical. His brother retired at age 20 because of it.

I didn’t access Dahlin’s Records because of HIPPA, but one of the most common forms of hereditary arthritis is Rheumatoid. Bloodwork specific to Rheumatoid most likely has been checked in Sweden along with inflammatory markers, per reports there are no concerns with him.

Rasmus Dahlin is fine

I didn’t access Dahlin’s Records because of HIPPA, but one of the most common forms of hereditary arthritis is Rheumatoid. Bloodwork specific to Rheumatoid most likely has been checked in Sweden along with inflammatory markers, per reports there are no concerns with him.

That's good to know and re-assuring.  Thank you.

Oliver Wahlstrom is definitely a one and done, feels he is ready to play in the NHL this year.

Jett Woo says he is more a defensive defenseman

Caden Addison says he is more a offensive defenseman

Some of the goalies had the worse visual acuity

pull-up cam:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/watch-live-2018-nhl-scouting-combine-saturday-9-m-et/

Nice.... thanks!

I say this every year.... why not put them on the ice and put them through some tests similar to the NFL combine.    Time them sprinting, measure shot speed and accuracy, agility, passing accuracy, etc...    Just seems strange that for a sport played on ice, the combine testing involves only off-ice testing.    Makes little sense.... thanks Bettman, you jackass.  

pull-up cam:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/watch-live-2018-nhl-scouting-combine-saturday-9-m-et/

Nice.... thanks!

I say this every year.... why not put them on the ice and put them through some tests similar to the NFL combine.    Time them sprinting, measure shot speed and accuracy, agility, passing accuracy, etc...    Just seems strange that for a sport played on ice, the combine testing involves only off-ice testing.    Makes little sense.... thanks Bettman, you jackass.  

What even are you

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.