Kim Pegula On Key Bank Center and The Sabres

Brawndo

21 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The thing that truly mystifies: There are multiple comments on the posting about the disconnect between the 716 day and the location of the photograph used. The post has now been up for more than a day. Do those jamokes not even read the feedback?

Obviously not.  We've been saying they need a new social media person for a long time.

23 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Obviously not.  We've been saying they need a new social media person for a long time.

Yeah. Although I think there's at least 2 people who screwed up here - I don't know that the social media person created the graphic itself (or maybe he did?).

Anyway. I have it on good authority that there's another media/social media sports type in the WNY area who was among the final candidates for that social media position. And, I'm here to tell you, he is somehow demonstrably worse in tone/ideas/creativity than what PSE has now.

That organization's creative vision needs an enema. Or maybe a (new) messiah.

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah. Although I think there's at least 2 people who screwed up here - I don't know that the social media person created the graphic itself (or maybe he did?).

Anyway. I have it on good authority that there's another media/social media sports type in the WNY area who was among the final candidates for that social media position. And, I'm here to tell you, he is somehow demonstrably worse in tone/ideas/creativity than what PSE has now.

That organization's creative vision needs an enema. Or maybe a (new) messiah.

They need about 6 Millennials and a couple genZ kids in there. 

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Problem being, if the people doing the hiring and vision-setting lack ... vision, nuance, a unique sense of creativity, then the people working under them aren't apt to help.

And there's the problem--and it's been a problem for both Buffalo teams for a long, long time.  We're not talking about people the owners would hire directly, btw.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

And there's the problem--and it's been a problem for both Buffalo teams for a long, long time.  We're not talking about people the owners would hire directly, btw.

The Bills are waiting for your return...

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

?? Have they gotten better or something?

I can't find the image...

About 7-10 years ago, they sent out a promotional piece to STHs with picture of Brian Moorman punting from his end zone. The caption was "Awaiting your return" or something similar.

They got crushed for sending out a picture of the punter from a pisspoor team.

Just now, SDS said:

I can't find the image...

About 7-10 years ago, they sent out a promotional piece to STHs with picture of Brian Moorman punting from his end zone. The caption was "Awaiting your return" or something similar.

They got crushed for sending out a picture of the punter from a pisspoor team.

Oh, I remember that one.

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sure. But the problem starts at the top, imo.

Then it's started at the top for at least three ownership groups (hockey) and two (football).  (IMO, the Sabres under the Knoxes were actually pretty clever--there was no social media then, obviously, but the "Taro Sez" stuff on the scoreboards was cool. Actually, the whole Taro thing.)

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Then it's started at the top for at least three ownership groups (hockey) and two (football).  (IMO, the Sabres under the Knoxes were actually pretty clever--there was no social media then, obviously, but the "Taro Sez" stuff on the scoreboards was cool. Actually, the whole Taro thing.)

That was Paul Weiland.  Pretty sure the Knox bros never quite fully got that joke (or any of the others, either).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.