Reinhart, The Force Awakens

LGR4GM

51 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Reinhart is having a great year and I don't think he's getting enough credit for his all around game.

I also think Eichel has been taking Reinhart for granted on his line. I think Sam drives a lot of that line's possession and without Sam there Eichel needs to pick up some of the slack.

Going out on a limb here, but has the slide in Eich play been since Sam has been removed from that line?

Maybe Sam really drives that line with Eich and Skinny?

8 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Going out on a limb here, but has the slide in Eich play been since Sam has been removed from that line?

Sam makes everyone he plays with better. Always has, always will.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Reino did indeed take that line up a notch, but IMHO Jack has not been the same since his injury.

• Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Reino did indeed take that line up a notch, but IMHO Jack has not been the same since his injury.

Do you think Jack would play better if there was anyone on the team to defend him every time he gets ran? Or better put, would Jack play better if other teams knew they’d have to answer if they were to run Jack?

2 minutes ago, IrwinNelson said:

Do you think Jack would play better if there was anyone on the team to defend him every time he gets ran? Or better put, would Jack play better if other teams knew they’d have to answer if they were to run Jack?

I don't think Jack gets run very often -- it did happen once recently (vs Minny I think) but that's the only one I can remember.

And before his injury, Jack frequently looked to me like he was turning into the dominant star-level player we've all been hoping for -- so I don't think there was an issue with him being run and it affecting his play then either.

Having said that, I certainly wouldn't mind a bit more toughness in the lineup.  I just think it's not what's really ailing this team right now.

29 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I don't think Jack gets run very often -- it did happen once recently (vs Minny I think) but that's the only one I can remember.

And before his injury, Jack frequently looked to me like he was turning into the dominant star-level player we've all been hoping for -- so I don't think there was an issue with him being run and it affecting his play then either.

Having said that, I certainly wouldn't mind a bit more toughness in the lineup.  I just think it's not what's really ailing this team right now.

Benn also took a run at him, but I more or less agree. That said, Kuznetzov was hit with a cheap shot yesterday by Ian Cole (who promptly got waxed by Tom Wilson)  and said after the game “That's huge you know. We know Tom play physical. He's huge for us. When ***** like that happen, he stand up. That's always nice to have a guy like that on the team." Granted having Wilson on the team (and on the ice) didn’t prevent the hit from happening, I think that having someone like that (not just a face-puncher but a guy who can play and get physical) is important for the locker room. I also think that it would give more guys confidence to play harder because if that hard play results in a big hit, they know there will at least be a response from a more capable player.

1 hour ago, IrwinNelson said:

Benn also took a run at him, but I more or less agree. That said, Kuznetzov was hit with a cheap shot yesterday by Ian Cole (who promptly got waxed by Tom Wilson)  and said after the game “That's huge you know. We know Tom play physical. He's huge for us. When ***** like that happen, he stand up. That's always nice to have a guy like that on the team." Granted having Wilson on the team (and on the ice) didn’t prevent the hit from happening, I think that having someone like that (not just a face-puncher but a guy who can play and get physical) is important for the locker room. I also think that it would give more guys confidence to play harder because if that hard play results in a big hit, they know there will at least be a response from a more capable player.

The Benn hit was the one I was thinking of -- thanks.

I would certainly take a guy like Wilson -- i.e. a guy who can score, skate and protect his teammates -- but they are few and far between.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, IrwinNelson said:

Maybe the Giraffe needs to talk to John Scott about how to be the tough guy, and they can put him on Jack's wing.

4 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

This is what I thought he meant last night as well.

I didn't hear it, I just read the excerpt upthread, and I didn't see it as a slam on the goalies at all. I took it to mean the rest of the team needs to give the goalies more support.

4 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

This is what I thought he meant last night as well. "We've got to do a better job of protecting our goal" or somesuch.

Good clarification Samson.

Doesn't matter if he meant that, or this is just the reworking mea culpa management told him to get ahead of, the point is what he did was flat out wrong.

regardless of the truth in sports or what you personally believe is the truth, you never throw others under the bus publicly. All media answers have to be "we" or "I" have to do better etc. This comment was a mistake. Whether it will be forgotten or damage team chemistry, who knows? Probably much ado about nothing. 

This supposed Reinhart blunder is ridiculous. Sam is not that kind of people and every single fan knows it. He was frustrated last night and the words didn't quite match the thought. This should be a lesson in how easy it is for the media to stir the pot when they want to and get a significant percentage of the population to buy into their narrative.

Edited by ...
doh!
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

This is what I thought he meant last night as well. "We've got to do a better job of protecting our goal" or somesuch.

Good clarification Samson.

I heard it was just one word; From should have been For.   He said they need to get more from their goalies.  He meant to say they need to get more for their goalies.  Easy slip of the tongue.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Tondas said:

I heard it was just one word; From should have been For.   He said they need to get more from their goalies.  He meant to say they need to get more for their goalies.  Easy slip of the tongue.

Oh come on, you don't actually believe that  for/from thing do you? That's just spin. Good to see the team was all over that quickly, that's a good sign, but it was a gaff and it shouldn't have been said. Damage, if there was any, seems to be repaired so no big deal, but the spin is kind of silly imo.

Better would be to make sure his opening comment after the Detroit game was to lead with Ullmark played great tonight and I was happy we scored enough to win, or something like that. Did he do that?

20 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh come on, you don't actually believe that  for/from thing do you? That's just spin. Good to see the team was all over that quickly, that's a good sign, but it was a gaff and it shouldn't have been said. Damage, if there was any, seems to be repaired so no big deal, but the spin is kind of silly imo.

Better would be to make sure his opening comment after the Detroit game was to lead with Ullmark played great tonight and I was happy we scored enough to win, or something like that. Did he do that?

Perreault, are you being serious or sarcastic?  I really can't tell.  If people can believe that, "I don’t see any reason why it would be Russia.” , only to turn around the next day and say he meant to say "wouldn't" instead of "would", then certainly we can believe that Sam meant for rather than from.

Edited by Tondas

Reino had a solid game.  Ullmark had a solid game.  Maybe Ullmark needed to hear how frustrated the team in front of him is when he has only an .800 save percentage.  And Linus has every right to be frustrated when he holds the other team to a goal and we lose 1-0.  But that tension doesn't always mean the team is falling apart; it could also mean teammates expect more of each other because, well, they know they're better than that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

Perreault, are you being serious or sarcastic?  I really can't tell.  If people can believe that, "I don’t see any reason why it would be Russia.” , only to turn around the next day and say he meant to say "wouldn't" instead of "would", then certainly we can believe that Sam meant for rather than from.

See now you're being sarcastic right, cause nobody I know believed that Russia line, did you? 

29 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Reino had a solid game.  Ullmark had a solid game.  Maybe Ullmark needed to hear how frustrated the team in front of him is when he has only an .800 save percentage.  And Linus has every right to be frustrated when he holds the other team to a goal and we lose 1-0.  But that tension doesn't always mean the team is falling apart; it could also mean teammates expect more of each other because, well, they know they're better than that.

I don't disagree with this at all, but for me it's a public/private thing. Like publicly Gretzky always gave credit to his linemates even when he was clearly the guy who made the play but I am also sure behind closed doors he probably said other things and not always positive. San broke the code so to speak but if the team bonds over it or even just moves on with no damage that IS A GOOD THING because it means there is a better bond this year and a better team feeling. Time will tell, for the moment it looks positive. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.