Reinhart, The Force Awakens

LGR4GM

56 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't disagree with this at all, but for me it's a public/private thing. Like publicly Gretzky always gave credit to his linemates even when he was clearly the guy who made the play but I am also sure behind closed doors he probably said other things and not always positive. San broke the code so to speak but if the team bonds over it or even just moves on with no damage that IS A GOOD THING because it means there is a better bond this year and a better team feeling. Time will tell, for the moment it looks positive. 

Codes change.

If this turns into some toxic locker room thing then I'll acknowledge that you're right.  But until then, I'm going to say Sam said what he felt needed to be said and that's that. 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:36 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Doesn't matter if he meant that, or this is just the reworking mea culpa management told him to get ahead of, the point is what he did was flat out wrong.

regardless of the truth in sports or what you personally believe is the truth, you never throw others under the bus publicly. All media answers have to be "we" or "I" have to do better etc. This comment was a mistake. Whether it will be forgotten or damage team chemistry, who knows? Probably much ado about nothing. 

Yes, he should blame himself for bad performances even when he plays well. Isn't that what got everyone to start turning on O'Reilly? Then he can just throw a "losing his love for the game" as an added cherry on top and FXGMJB can trade him for a collection of lesser pieces while everyone gets excited over the supposed depth we've added while also fawning over that 1st round pick coming in 2020 or 2021 that won't be able to help the team until 2023 or 2024. By that point we can trust the process to get the team contending sometime around when Dahlin turns 30.

Edited by Drunkard

1 minute ago, freester said:

I think JB may have made a mistake with the bridge deal for Sam.  When his contract is up, he is going to get huge money 8-9 million per year.  With the cap going up he could get Eichel money in 3 years

I did not want the bridge deal and wanted a long-term deal.

It is reasonable to say that an extension could be worked out this summer, which may save some cap.

6 hours ago, freester said:

I think JB may have made a mistake with the bridge deal for Sam.  When his contract is up, he is going to get huge money 8-9 million per year.  With the cap going up he could get Eichel money in 3 years

Well maybe in 3 years, but we can re-up Sam in either a few months, or a year and few months. A more long-term deal rather than that bridge he signed does seem preferable now in hindsight, but we find ourselves in a much better situation than the one we'd be in if we were looking at the bridge deal and feeling thankful for it.

I doubt he gets 8 or 9 mil, probably more like something between 6 and 8. 

6 hours ago, Drunkard said:

Yes, he should blame himself for bad performances even when he plays well. Isn't that what got everyone to start turning on O'Reilly? Then he can just throw a "losing his love for the game" as an added cherry on top and FXGMJB can trade him for a collection of lesser pieces while everyone gets excited over the supposed depth we've added while also fawning over that 1st round pick coming in 2020 or 2021 that won't be able to help the team until 2023 or 2024. By that point we can trust the process to get the team contending sometime around when Dahlin turns 30.

Hyperbole and exaggeration abound. Leaders say "we" or "I" and never call out names publicly, simple as that. 

So it was a mistake, the team got all over it and did damage control and that spoke to the strength of the new organization. The team played well after so it's really a non issue. Absolutely NOTHING like ROR. 

6 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I did not want the bridge deal and wanted a long-term deal.

It is reasonable to say that an extension could be worked out this summer, which may save some cap.

I was in the same boat as you.

I'm fear that when it comes time to negotiate his long-term deal, when he has a body of work to point to, Samson is going to remember how JBott didn't give him the deal he wanted when he signed the bridge deal.

2 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

I was in the same boat as you.

I'm fear that when it comes time to negotiate his long-term deal, when he has a body of work to point to, Samson is going to remember how JBott didn't give him the deal he wanted when he signed the bridge deal.

Players are going to want their weight in gold regardless of how nicely or poorly they've been treated, usually. 

If anything, Sam is probably happy Botterill didn't give him his initial ask, if that's the case, as it's given Reinhart the opportunity to undoubtedly put together an even greater ask, on the next go. Sam would probably be kicking himself if he had signed for 6x5 mil AAV.

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Players are going to want their weight in gold regardless of how nicely or poorly they've been treated, usually. 

If anything, Sam is probably happy Botterill didn't give him his initial ask, if that's the case, as it's given Reinhart the opportunity to undoubtedly put together an even greater ask, on the next go. Sam would probably be kicking himself if he had signed for 6x5 mil AAV.

That's might point, though. I wish Reinhart was kicking himself!

• Like (+1) 1

He's not a "keep at any cost" piece, but he's close.  He's always a slow starter at the beginning of the season, but as the season wears on he gets stronger.  He's a steadying influence, a guy that makes others better.  He's basically what the billing was when he was drafted, plus his speed has improved.  I bought 23 jersey early on so I'm no doubt invested in his success, but he gives a lot of reasons to be a fan.

Even his anti-goalie gaff is in his favor in my eyes.  When a guy that quietly goes about his business says something like that, it gets a lot f attention.  Maybe it's a message that needed to be said.

Once again, Reinhart seems to have caught on that he has muscle and girth.  i had not seen him play so "heavy" a game as these past two games.  And he looks good on his own line.  This is more what I wanted to see from the guy.  

• Like (+1) 4

I know he didn't score yesterday but I thought he might have been the best player on the ice. He was flying back on D and was playing a heavy game. I really like the way he has taken charge since he's had his own line. I just hope we haven't jinxed him with all this praise lately.

2 hours ago, ... said:

Once again, Reinhart seems to have caught on that he has muscle and girth.  i had not seen him play so "heavy" a game as these past two games.  And he looks good on his own line.  This is more what I wanted to see from the guy.  

Yeh I have seen that too, hope he can teach Mitts and TT that too.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Hyperbole and exaggeration abound. Leaders say "we" or "I" and never call out names publicly, simple as that. 

So it was a mistake, the team got all over it and did damage control and that spoke to the strength of the new organization. The team played well after so it's really a non issue. Absolutely NOTHING like ROR. 

O'Reilly made "I" statements like that all the time, whether he played well or not, and he was chastised for being a depressed whiny crybaby who had a dark cloud following him around like he was Charlie Brown from Peanuts. Maybe Reinhart thought following suit would put him on the next bus out of town.

23 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

O'Reilly made "I" statements like that all the time, whether he played well or not, and he was chastised for being a depressed whiny crybaby who had a dark cloud following him around like he was Charlie Brown from Peanuts. Maybe Reinhart thought following suit would put him on the next bus out of town.

Lol no, but its the way O'reilly kept saying it that made me cringe.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.