Reinhart, The Force Awakens

LGR4GM

Maybe.  I wouldn't mind seeing him play half the season on wing to get his confidence up first.  Can you imagine a Sam, ROR, Casey second line?

I can... ROR - Mittelstadt - Reinhart.  I don't get the impression Mittelstadt has a confidence problem. If he can't handle 3rd line center minutes he shouldn't be in the NHL and should start in Rochester. 

I can... ROR - Mittelstadt - Reinhart.  I don't get the impression Mittelstadt has a confidence problem. If he can't handle 3rd line center minutes he shouldn't be in the NHL and should start in Rochester. 

Meh, I'm not saying he does today.  I'm just saying that would be a fun line to watch.

I'm also saying we should also be open to him playing some time at wing.  Sam is a way more natural centre than Mitts is but it didn't work out for Sam.  I obviously hope it does for Casey.  It probably is the best move to have him as 3C.  But I want to enjoy watching this team play.  Having Casey wasting away with Bailey and Wilson is not very fun.

I could be wrong on this.  But didn't Sam play centre his whole career prior to the NHL?  I thought Casey was playing wing some of the year last season.  I'll have to do some more digging on that.

Sam always seemed to be listed as a C in player profiles leading up to the draft.  Casey was C/LW if I remember correctly.

Edited by Derrico

I think part of that might have to do with Casey playing in college. Reinhart I think failed at center because he was never given a real shot. That probably isn't a popular opinion but they screwed his development in that regard. That is why I want Mittelstadt getting 3rd line center minutes. He is good at faceoffs and he can skate. Let him learn on that 3rd line for a year. 

I’d like to see Casey and KO together, preferably with Girgensons or Wilson on the left.

I think the two Minnesotans might provide each other what they need to succeed and that has the potential to be a good third line.

Reinhart and Ryan.

Which, unfortunately, leaves Pominville for Jack.

Which ain’t great for Jack.

God, we need a winger.

Edited by dudacek

I’d like to see Casey and KO together, preferably with Girgensons or Wilson on the left.

I think the two Minnesotans might provide each other what they need to succeed and that has the potential to be a good third line.

Reinhart and Ryan.

God, we need several top 9 wingers.

fixed.

I’m a little worried Casey will disappoint early. I’m fully prepared for a 25-30 point season.

But to stay on topic, what’s the over/under on Reinhart’s production this year?

60 points? Freeman, we got bet potential here?

Edited by dudacek

Reinhart and Ryan.

God, we need a winger.

Casey was excellent with Erod, and the line in particular that had KO, Evan, and Casey was very good behind ROR and Jack. I'd like to make additions which let us start with that third line again without being jerks to Jack.

Casey was excellent with Erod, and the line in particular that had KO, Evan, and Casey was very good behind ROR and Jack. I'd like to make additions which let us start with that third line again without being jerks to Jack.

I tend to forget about ERod, but he is a good fit there.

Maybe it’s also time to give him his shot with Jack.

Pace is a tricky thing, but the guy was on pace for over 40 points over a full season last year.

And that wasn’t padded by a lot of PP time, or by playing with Jack, Ryan or Sam.

One of the issue with trading ROR is that it leaves Reinhart on a limb. Who then is his center? That center spot will make or break him I think. He's a good player but he really excels when other good players are around him. 

One of the issue with trading ROR is that it leaves Reinhart on a limb. Who then is his center? That center spot will make or break him I think. He's a good player but he really excels when other good players are around him. 

This is a good point. 

Yep - ROR and Reinhart were the best chemistry pair we had, and there wasn't a close second.

Eichel.

Yes, Eichel and Reinhart can still play together.

Losing O’Reilly still leaves a big hole if he’s not directly replaced, but I don’t think it leaves Reinhart out to lunch at all.

It would effectively combine what’s left of the best players of the top 2 lines into 1, and bump a Rodrigues/Mittelstadt line up to line 2. We better be getting a significant current piece (and more) if we move ROR.

Trading ROR has been the subject of a lot of talk in Sabres fandom.  I don't get it.  I think he's a part of the team going forward, at least until younger players demonstrate they can eat his minutes (and his faceoffs).  We're not to that point yet.

Trading ROR has been the subject of a lot of talk in Sabres fandom.  I don't get it.  I think he's a part of the team going forward, at least until younger players demonstrate they can eat his minutes (and his faceoffs).  We're not to that point yet.

Sabres fans like running the best players out of town whilst chastising them for being locker room problems. It is always addition by subtraction and has been for the last decade.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.