Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Absolutely not. Benn is a short-term core piece with a huge contract who has gotten emotionally fat.

Three years from now, Mittelstadt will be a better player and he remains an A-level prospect.

it would have to be a lesser piece to interest me.

I don't think that would interest Dallas though. 

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

On the surface I agree, however I'm always concerned when a team is trading away a productive player on a reasonable deal with term remaining.  Are they simply looking to maximize return knowing they are going to make big changes?  Is he a PIA? 

Assuming there are no major issues I'd like to see his shot on our power play for 2 years.  That's the sort of place that might want to take on an expiring deal like Pominville if the Sabres retained some of the remaining cash due.  Certianly not as the only thing, but that allows them to trade Hoffman for some immediate cash relief and future cap space along with something else.

Rumor has it they are clearing cap space to make a July 1st run at Bob and/or Panarin . They have space but are not a cap team 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

LeBrun speculated about Panarin for them 

Here's a plan to effectively rearrange some deck chairs hoping we find an inflatable raft under one of the new chairs ?

The values are mostly based on an assortment of non-Sabre fan comments so Scandella for a 2020 2nd and Sobotka for a 3rd and 5th wasn't my idea entirely.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1024012

On 2/9/2019 at 4:33 AM, thewookie1 said:

Here's a plan to effectively rearrange some deck chairs hoping we find an inflatable raft under one of the new chairs ?

The values are mostly based on an assortment of non-Sabre fan comments so Scandella for a 2020 2nd and Sobotka for a 3rd and 5th wasn't my idea entirely.

I'd like to see an upgrade on Bogo and/or Nelson at RHD.  Bogo's terrible play in recent weeks has cost us two games.  I'd like to find a way to send him packing.

On 2/9/2019 at 4:33 AM, thewookie1 said:

Scandella: while I think we could get a 2nd for Scandella, I’d much rather look for a “hockey trade” in a “Scandella for similar level/contract forward” type of move

Yamamoto: why would seem. Give him up for Sheary?

Sobotka: I can’t imagine a team using any assets to acquire him. 

Edited by jame

53 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'd like to see an upgrade on Bogo and/or Nelson at RHD.  Bogo's terrible play in recent weeks has cost us two games.  I'd like to find a way to send him packing.

BOGO has been very good some nights and lousy other nights.  While he has weaknesses, I think he brings a physical element to every game and he is a "glue guy" in the locker room that would leave a large void if traded.  I would rather keep him.  Not sure we could upgrade him either from a callup from Rochester or via trade this year.

Buffalo needs help on defence. Lots of help. Is it enough to be interested in Nikita Zaitsev with the Leafs paying part of the freight?

From the Toronto Sun 

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/simmons-weber-subban-deal-wasnt-disaster-so-many-predicted-for-habs

I'm sorry but I'm still laughing.  Only a Toronto newspaper would think we'd help them by taking on one of their worst contracts

36 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

From the Toronto Sun 

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/simmons-weber-subban-deal-wasnt-disaster-so-many-predicted-for-habs

I'm sorry but I'm still laughing.  Only a Toronto newspaper would think we'd help them by taking on one of their worst contracts

Wow, why in God's name would we help our division rival?

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

From the Toronto Sun 

Good god we have too many defenders as is and Zaitsev isn't even an upgrade. 

12 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Jonathan Huberdeau, with a cap friendly deal ($5.9 cap hit for 4 more years) is reportedly available. He is the kind of guy I want!

Hell yes we should be interested. That locked in cap hit for an established player with term is exactly what a team in our position needs.

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Why on earth would Florida want to trade him? He's productive, young and has a good cap hit.

No idea. Unless they are looking for an outrageous price that will never get matched?

3 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Hell yes we should be interested. That locked in cap hit for an established player with term is exactly what a team in our position needs.

No idea. Unless they are looking for an outrageous price that will never get matched?

I guess they would need to move him for cap reasons if they get the deal they want with CBJ.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.