Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Except Bogo and if  you  have to retain some salary KO out, agreed.

Thing with Bogo, this is the first year I actually like him a bit.   His value is higher, so I consider him a trade candidate.   He is one of the leaders in that room though so that would make me doubt it.   I can't even dream we can get rid of KO somehow now Chiarelli got fired ?

13 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

Scandella may have some value to the right GM- someone who thinks he just needs a "change of scenery" (which very well might be the case, in reality)

He might, but with Chiarelli out, there is one less potential suitor for his service.

Though there might be a GM that views him as a change of scenery candidate, we have to remember he was the 5 in Minnesota and has worked his way back to the 5 or 6 here in Buffalo.  He has value as he is a legit NHLer, but 3rd pairing guys don't usually move the needle too much.  That he still has short term left on the deal after this season should help should Botterill decide to move him.  He wouldn't be a true rental & he wouldn't create a concern of still being under contract when his "best by" date has come & went.

51 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Thing with Bogo, this is the first year I actually like him a bit.   His value is higher, so I consider him a trade candidate.   He is one of the leaders in that room though so that would make me doubt it.   I can't even dream we can get rid of KO somehow now Chiarelli got fired ?

Why on earth would we trade him? There is no reason to trade him. He got his surgery and is healthy and playing like he should. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I know we all want playoffs , but the only thing we should do at the deadline is sell.   Beaulieu / pommer / Sobotka / Bogo.  

Call kids up from Rochester and keep all our draft picks.    

One of these things is not like the other... 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Why on earth would we trade him? There is no reason to trade him. He got his surgery and is healthy and playing like he should. 

He also is the guy that is paired up with either Dahlin or Pilut when they are not just passing the eye test but actually showing signs of what they'll be when they're fully acclimated and getting some people to say they alrrady are that top pairing or 2nd pairing guy, respectively, that they'll likely end up.

He's gone from NoGo to the defenseman whisperer (aka the new version of Tallinder).  They only guys it would be more shocking to find out they traded away than Bogosian would be Eichel or Dahlin.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

One of these things is not like the other... 

On the Bogo front, I have no interest in trading him. If anything, all of his past struggles and injury issues will give us the ammunition to keep his next contract reasonable. He's the exact type of 2nd pairing guy this team and system needs. His strong play this year isn't a long enough track record to boost his trade value with other GMs all that much anyways.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I know we all want playoffs , but the only thing we should do at the deadline is sell.   Beaulieu / pommer / Sobotka / Bogo.  

Call kids up from Rochester and keep all our draft picks.    

I agree with this. JBott should focus this year on maximizing future value for the players that aren't in the long term plans. We have too many 'meh' forwards that are too good to bench/send down but not good enough to extend long term or make a difference. Managing to turn these assets into 2nd/3rd round picks can make a difference when we are competing if we hit on one of those.

We can also use those mid-round pick gains to offset buying a 2C at the deadline too. Adding that one piece is way more valuable than the loss of the above players imo.

SJ 1st, Buf 4th, Sean Malone for Eric Staal

Marco Scandella for NYI 2nd

• Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart
  • Erod/Sheary-Staal-Okposo
  • Nylander-Mittelstadt-Thompson
  • Erod/Sheary-Larsson-Girgs
  • Dahlin-Bogo
  • Pilut-Risto
  • McCabe-Nelson/Hunwick/Beaulieu

Make playoffs (Add Staal, Nylander. Remove Poms, Sobotka, Scandella... old, slow)

2019 STL 1st - Ryan Suzuki

2019 BUF 1st - Arthur Kaliyev

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, jame said:

SJ 1st, Buf 4th, Sean Malone for Eric Staal

Marco Scandella for NYI 2nd

• Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart
  • Erod/Sheary-Staal-Okposo
  • Nylander-Mittelstadt-Thompson
  • Erod/Sheary-Larsson-Girgs
  • Dahlin-Bogo
  • Pilut-Risto
  • McCabe-Nelson/Hunwick/Beaulieu

Make playoffs (Add Staal, Nylander. Remove Poms, Sobotka, Scandella... old, slow)

2019 STL 1st - Ryan Suzuki

2019 BUF 1st - Arthur Kaliyev

I’m not convinced this gets us there nor am I making that Staal deal

17 hours ago, Taro T said:

He also is the guy that is paired up with either Dahlin or Pilut when they are not just passing the eye test but actually showing signs of what they'll be when they're fully acclimated and getting some people to say they alrrady are that top pairing or 2nd pairing guy, respectively, that they'll likely end up.

He's gone from NoGo to the defenseman whisperer (aka the new version of Tallinder).  They only guys it would be more shocking to find out they traded away than Bogosian would be Eichel or Dahlin.

I'd also be more surprised if they traded Reinhart, Mittelstadt, Skinner, Ristolainen, or Ullmark. 

?

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Thorny said:

I'd also be more surprised if they traded Reinhart, Mittelstadt, Skinner, Ristolainen, or Ullmark. 

?

In a vacuum, sure.  But at his salary & with his injury history, he isn't bringing back a huge return.  Can't see a team that would make an offer that returns as much value to the Sabres as they're getting from him now.

Really don't see him as part of a blockbuster, but could see the other guys you mentioned (minus Ullmark, will give you that one) as part of one.

I thought of interesting three way trade this morning and wanted to get some feedback.

Trade involves Buffalo, Edmonton, and Philadelphia.

Buffalo sends Edmonton Reinhart and Beaulieu.   Reinhart goes home and gives Edmonton wing scoring. They can drop Draisaitl to second line center.  Beaulieu is LD and would get chance to play in Edmonton. 

Edmonton sends Philadelphia Nugent-Hopkins.  Nugent-Hopkins gives Philly a new fresh center behind Giroux. Just mainly a flip flop of Nugent-Hopkins for Coutier.

Philadelphia sends Buffalo Couturier. Couturier gives Buffalo much needed second line center.

Edmonton sends Buffalo Benning.- RD that would fit in nicely on third pairing for Buffalo.

Trade breakdowns for each team.

Buffalo trades Reinhart and Beaulieu for Couturier and Benning.

Philadelphia trades Couturier for Nugent-Hopkins.

Edmonton trades Nugent-Hopkins and Benning for Reinhart and Beaulieu.

Maybe could add other prospects or picks but this would be the core of the trade.

Enough going each way?  No one is pending UFA.  Each forward has term or team control for a couple of years.  

Reinhart is from Vancouver, not Edmonton.

Someone would have to "sweeten" the pot for Philly (hopefully EDM).

I'd rather try to get Couturier without giving up Sam because I think those two would be good together on L2.

Just send all our picks this year(limit-two 1st rd picks) for Couturier and Simmonds. Throw in Nylander if necessary.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

1 hour ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I'd rather try to get Couturier without giving up Sam because I think those two would be good together on L2.

Just send all our picks this year(limit-two 1st rd picks) for Couturier and Simmonds. Throw in Nylander if necessary.

My bad...I got Guhle and Samson mixed up. Guhle is from Edmonton.

I think Philly getting a number 1 overall pick in Nugent-Hopkins is enough to get Couturier.  

Edmonton gains in cap space by dropping Nugent-Hopkins...they also can control Samson contract as he would still be an RFA.

All forwards have similar numbers in past two years, just different style of players.

Couturier better center defensively, better on face-offs, more grit.

Nugent-Hopkins is probably better play maker and more speed.

Reinhart good play maker and scoring winger.

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

I thought of interesting three way trade this morning and wanted to get some feedback.

Trade involves Buffalo, Edmonton, and Philadelphia.

Buffalo sends Edmonton Reinhart and Beaulieu.   Reinhart goes home and gives Edmonton wing scoring. They can drop Draisaitl to second line center.  Beaulieu is LD and would get chance to play in Edmonton. 

1 hour ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

As someone from Reinhart's part of the world, Edmonton is as close to home as Charlotte is to Buffalo.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.