Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

I wonder how much Ryan Dzingel would cost from Ottawa?

Duchene or Kevin Hayes would be excellent 2C for the Sabres, but their deadline price will be astronomical. But I would circle back around to them on July 1st to see what there ask is. 

Save the firsts for a hockey trade for a team controlled asset. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

I've had a few good discussions with an Edmonton fan

Okposo

Sobotka (1.5mil retained)

2020 4th

for

Spooner

Sekera

Spooner and Sobotka have exact same numbers this season (bad). Spooner has more upside but we thought Vlad would also be more useful than he's been.

You do know that Sekera hasn't played a game yet this year. He only played 36 games last year. He might be playing again sometime in the new year. Injuries have been knee (last year) and achilles (this year).

I'd definitely have to say no to this deal.

10 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Spooner and Sobotka have exact same numbers this season (bad). Spooner has more upside but we thought Vlad would also be more useful than he's been.

You do know that Sekera hasn't played a game yet this year. He only played 36 games last year. He might be playing again sometime in the new year. Injuries have been knee (last year) and achilles (this year).

I'd definitely have to say no to this deal.

Unloading 4 years of a bad Okposo contract for 2 years of a bad Sekera contract?  Sign me up.

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Unloading 4 years of a bad Okposo contract for 2 years of a bad Sekera contract?  Sign me up.

That's what I was looking at, Sekera is a competent Dman or a LTIR candidate with fewer years on his contract.

Spooner has potential, but is regardless a shorter contract than Okposo

I just wish Okposo could take a pay-cut because he seems like a great guy. 

44 minutes ago, inkman said:

The deal as a whole only saves us about $2M. I'm assuming the retaing $1.5M on Sobotka is per year (3M total) if not then it's about $3.5M saved. 

It's not just unloading  1-for-1. You also have to pay Spooner and retain on Sobotka.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd sit tight if I were Botterill. We're a solid offseason away from being where we want without dumping valuable assets for a short term fix. 

I'd agree with this, however if we need to drop a pick to dump KO, I'd be all for that, as I believe he will become a hindrance very soon (if not already) 

If my trade were to occur, one thing I’d be gunning for is signing Skinner at 8.5 or less for 6/7 years and later signing Mark Stone for 8.5 mil for 7 years. 

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart 

Sheary - Mitts - Stone

Wilson - Spooner - Thompson 

Girgs - Larsson - Erod 

Dahlin - Bogo

McCabe - Risto

Scandella/Sekera - Pilut/Nelson

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

If my trade were to occur, one thing I’d be gunning for is signing Skinner at 8.5 or less for 6/7 years and later signing Mark Stone for 8.5 mil for 7 years. 

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart 

Sheary - Mitts - Stone

Wilson - Spooner - Thompson 

Girgs - Larsson - Erod 

Dahlin - Bogo

McCabe - Risto

Scandella/Sekera - Pilut/Nelson

Why pay $8.5m to a second line RW when you have him paired with Kevin McAllister aka The Child Center?  The lack of production from Pommers, Sheary, KO and Tage is that they don’t have good Centermen like Jack to dominate and control the play.   Adding Mark Stone will provide instant secondary scoring.   Spend 5-6M on an adult 2C and the production will follow.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.