Jump to content
Brawndo

Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

 

It was on a podcast out of Buffalo today. Not sure who.

Tarasenko is not who we need I believe. We have Skinner and Jack on that top line, we need a 2C to push Mitts down to more sheltered minutes, the kid isn't ready imo.

I wouldn't be selling the farm to bring in any high price tag targets. Judging by the Blues current situation, the wheels haven't just fallen off, one of them was last seen bouncing off of I-44 in to a corn field with growing Kinetic Energy. The perfect scenario is unfolding there with such a high pick this yr they are forced to use it, handing Buffalo a full blown unprotected for next yr. And I don't see them righting that ship next season, maybe starting to stabilize it, starting too, but that pick is Gold Jerry, Gold!

The aging San Jose Sharks are looking weak both on the roster and in the pipe line. I see them heading south next season in a big way. But it's the conditions on that 2019 1st position that is the most interesting to me. If the Sharks don't make the playoffs this year, Ottawa gets the pick, and with the pushes coming from other WC teams, I honestly don't believe they make it, as of now.

Interesting times to be sure, if I'm Botterill, I'm holding those picks like a 6 yr old little girl does a Teddy Bear at bed time on a cold winters night.

Well Tarasenko could be the winger Samson could use as 2C.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

 

It was on a podcast out of Buffalo today. Not sure who.

Tarasenko is not who we need I believe. We have Skinner and Jack on that top line, we need a 2C to push Mitts down to more sheltered minutes, the kid isn't ready imo.

I wouldn't be selling the farm to bring in any high price tag targets. Judging by the Blues current situation, the wheels haven't just fallen off, one of them was last seen bouncing off of I-44 in to a corn field with growing Kinetic Energy. The perfect scenario is unfolding there with such a high pick this yr they are forced to use it, handing Buffalo a full blown unprotected for next yr. And I don't see them righting that ship next season, maybe starting to stabilize it, starting too, but that pick is Gold Jerry, Gold!

The aging San Jose Sharks are looking weak both on the roster and in the pipe line. I see them heading south next season in a big way. But it's the conditions on that 2019 1st position that is the most interesting to me. If the Sharks don't make the playoffs this year, Ottawa gets the pick, and with the pushes coming from other WC teams, I honestly don't believe they make it, as of now.

Interesting times to be sure, if I'm Botterill, I'm holding those picks like a 6 yr old little girl does a Teddy Bear at bed time on a cold winters night.

Sharks have 37 points and are starting to play better doubt they miss the playoffs this year givin how weak the west is..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Sharks have 37 points and are starting to play better doubt they miss the playoffs this year givin how weak the west is..

I respectfully disagree. There are teams picking it up beyond SJ in the west. I don't think they make it, but we shall see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ken Campbell, Ladies and Gentlemen.

The Sabres acquire Patrick Kane for 

He suggested this on The Hockey News Podcast. 

Edited by Brawndo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a thread because it deserves to be hated on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

I respectfully disagree. There are teams picking it up beyond SJ in the west. I don't think they make it, but we shall see.

Fair enough...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St.Louis trading away Tarasenko would be a huge win for Buffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WildCard said:

St.Louis trading away Tarasenko would be a huge win for Buffalo

And we can offer them a 2nd line RW back in Okposo 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any interest in Jeff Carter? I would, but only in very specific terms such as a low cost (no 1sts) they take Sobotka, and he’s mature now. He’d work as a 2nd center for this year and still has quite the shot. But his age is definitely a turn off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Any interest in Jeff Carter? I would, but only in very specific terms such as a low cost (no 1sts) they take Sobotka, and he’s mature now. He’d work as a 2nd center for this year and still has quite the shot. But his age is definitely a turn off 

4 years left at $5.2M per (3 after this year), which would bring him to 36. 6-9-15 in 31 gp so far this year. Gonna pass on that one

Edited by WildCard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Charlie said,

I think Carter is well past his best before date and I question his desire to pay the price.

No thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WildCard said:

St.Louis trading away Tarasenko would be a huge win for Buffalo

Would rather snag Parayko from them.   

But yeah, if they start dumping guys that greatly improves BUF's draft position next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Any interest in Jeff Carter? I would, but only in very specific terms such as a low cost (no 1sts) they take Sobotka, and he’s mature now. He’d work as a 2nd center for this year and still has quite the shot. But his age is definitely a turn off 

Absolutely not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WildCard said:

4 years left at $5.2M per (3 after this year), which would bring him to 36. 6-9-15 in 31 gp so far this year. Gonna pass on that one

This would be a guy that would be valuable to a contender for a Cup run... a deadline deal maybe in 2 years when his contract is running out.   

And Buffalo isn't quite there yet.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Hayes Center from the Rangers or from Ottawa RW/C Ryan Dzingel 

Both are 26 and UFAs after this year.

Hayes averages just under 45 points per year and could fill in as  2C

Dzingel gives you speed as a second line RW and could play center in a pinch. 

He also has a 1.8 Million Dollar Cap Hit and could be acquired now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×