Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

21 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Winnipeg doesn’t need to move Ehlers or Trouba until the end of the season. 

This team is not in position to trade firsts for rentals. The path to the second round will go through Tampa or Toronto, both teams are far ahead of the Sabres. I would expect the Sabres to lose 4-1 or 4-2 in a series against either team. That being said I never expected them to make the playoffs until the winning streak so any playoff appearance would be golden.

If I was Botts, I would call up Nylander, Smith and Olofsson to see what they have to offer. 

Now if a younger player with term or pending RFA Status that fits in the future becomes available, that’s a different story 

Would you do Ehlers for Nylander and 1st in the off season?  This may also depend on if Sabres resign Skinner and for how much?

Just now, sweetlou said:

Just saw that happened 6 minutes before my post...Would you do Brassard for Sobotka and Beaulieu? Takes Sobotka off the books for next year?

That trade as is, can't even happen, the Pens only have $116K cap space, Brassard would be $3M out but Sobotka and Baloo would be $5.9M in. darn that salary cap

42 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Just saw that happened 6 minutes before my post...Would you do Brassard for Sobotka and Beaulieu? Takes Sobotka off the books for next year?

These trade proposals are extremely far off in value and it doesn’t really make sense for us to subtract a ton from the roster if we’re going after rentals

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

Do you use a random player generator to fill out these suggestions?  I can't think of any other reason why Oglevie would find his way into a trade proposal.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

These trade proposals are extremely far off in value and it doesn’t really make sense for us to subtract a ton from the roster if we’re going after rentals

Come on, guys.  Give the kid a break.

Someone has to be the new Wookie, since he has really upped his trade proposal game.  Same with LGR.

Love you, Wook and LGR.

• Like (+1) 1

I had a good conversation with a couple Pens fans on HF about Sobotka(500k retained) and TORs 6th for Brassard and they felt it was interesting. I’d imagine giving them our 3rd/4th (which they hold rights to one of already technically) instead of the 6th would probably make a bit more sense though. 

Its cap neutral thus working for both sides. 

But it’s hard to gauge if it’s Pens fans being sick of Brassard or actually being interested in Sobotka.

18 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Anyone have any idea where the Tarasenko to Sabres rumor originated?

I saw some discussion on Twitter yet can't seem to find anything, even untrustworthy, that would of even began that conversation.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think it started with you (it's the first I've heard of it).

It was on a podcast out of Buffalo today. Not sure who.

Tarasenko is not who we need I believe. We have Skinner and Jack on that top line, we need a 2C to push Mitts down to more sheltered minutes, the kid isn't ready imo.

I wouldn't be selling the farm to bring in any high price tag targets. Judging by the Blues current situation, the wheels haven't just fallen off, one of them was last seen bouncing off of I-44 in to a corn field with growing Kinetic Energy. The perfect scenario is unfolding there with such a high pick this yr they are forced to use it, handing Buffalo a full blown unprotected for next yr. And I don't see them righting that ship next season, maybe starting to stabilize it, starting too, but that pick is Gold Jerry, Gold!

The aging San Jose Sharks are looking weak both on the roster and in the pipe line. I see them heading south next season in a big way. But it's the conditions on that 2019 1st position that is the most interesting to me. If the Sharks don't make the playoffs this year, Ottawa gets the pick, and with the pushes coming from other WC teams, I honestly don't believe they make it, as of now.

Interesting times to be sure, if I'm Botterill, I'm holding those picks like a 6 yr old little girl does a Teddy Bear at bed time on a cold winters night.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:35 AM, LGR4GM said:

We aren't trading for rentals or players over 30. 

One player i think we should keep an eye out for is Rick Nash. Back in June, Elliott Friedman said the Sabres were very interested in Skinner, Nash and Pacioretty. Nash is still a free agent. Bob McKenzie just recently said during a Wednesday night hockey broadcast on NBC that if Nash returns to the NHL, he wants to remain close to his home Columbus. Obviously the Blue Jackets would be favorites to sign him, but the Sabres having interest earlier in the summer and being relatively close to Columbus probably makes us a legit contender to sign him too. Not sure how much he has left in the tank though.

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Tarasenko is not who we need I believe. We have Skinner and Jack on that top line, we need a 2C to push Mitts down to more sheltered minutes, the kid isn't ready imo.

I wouldn't be selling the farm to bring in any high price tag targets. Judging by the Blues current situation, the wheels haven't just fallen off, one of them was last seen bouncing off of I-44 in to a corn field with growing Kinetic Energy. The perfect scenario is unfolding there with such a high pick this yr they are forced to use it, handing Buffalo a full blown unprotected for next yr. And I don't see them righting that ship next season, maybe starting to stabilize it, starting too, but that pick is Gold Jerry, Gold!

The aging San Jose Sharks are looking weak both on the roster and in the pipe line. I see them heading south next season in a big way. But it's the conditions on that 2019 1st position that is the most interesting to me. If the Sharks don't make the playoffs this year, Ottawa gets the pick, and with the pushes coming from other WC teams, I honestly don't believe they make it, as of now.

Interesting times to be sure, if I'm Botterill, I'm holding those picks like a 6 yr old little girl does a Teddy Bear at bed time on a cold winters night.

Well Tarasenko could be the winger Samson could use as 2C.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Sharks have 37 points and are starting to play better doubt they miss the playoffs this year givin how weak the west is..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.