Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

I thought the joke was that Phat Phil like donuts. Did he shift to hot dogs without telling us?

I have followed a Pens blogger for a few years because he knows hockey and he's a good writer, anyway, i saw a lot of jokes about hotdogs, but, put a piile of donuts in front of Phil and I'm sure he wouldn't be sad haha

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm definitely interested in a buy-low on Puljujarvi. However, I think spending a 1st for him is quite a bit too high.

The way I see the team is I am good with the roles of most of the players in the current lineup. If we can economically improve any of the bolded players in the current lineup I would be all for it, but not at the expense of hurting a lot of the futures (1st round picks, Nylander, Pilut, etc.)

Skinner - Eichel - Pommers

Sheary - Mittelstadt - Okposo

Thompson - Sobotka - Reinhart <-- ERod should be centering this line IMO which replaces Sobotka

Girgensons - Larsson - Berglund

Finding a 1st line RW will be tough without paying a lot, but finding a cheaper scoring wing to add to Reinhart/ERod line would make a big difference IMO. If we did find a wing for the top line, Pommers could fill that void as well.

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What would he cost? 

It's Chiarelli. So....Danny O'Regan? I kid, I kid (...sort of). I really don't know what the price would be, but a change-of-scenery for prospect-for-prospect might work. Really though, my point was just that I personally wouldn't be comfortable trading a 1st for him.

2 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Don't we already have that in spades with Thompson and/or Nylander?

Yea, because Nylander can stay in Rochester. Tage can still go there if needed or if not can play on the wing he did yesterday. I don't think we will make this trade. I think we will sit tight. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea, because Nylander can stay in Rochester. Tage can still go there if needed or if not can play on the wing he did yesterday. I don't think we will make this trade. I think we will sit tight. 

It's fun to speculate, but I too think we will sit tight with what we have as well. There are lots of reinforcements coming in the next few years just from Rochester given the success they are having.

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What would he cost? 

I think he’d cost less than a first and if he doesn’t it’s not worth it. But as you mentioned he needs to be sheltered which we already have enough of. THAT’S a chemistry disrupted I have no interest in - making a move that appears to prioritize development over winning with this team.

1 hour ago, ... said:

This tangent has been about upsetting chemistry with trades.  The tenor of the conversation here over the past several days has been over making trades to contend.  You said above adding worthwhile talent trumps chemistry.  There is indeed a punchline or are we just talking here just to talk without a real clear picture of what the results are? Just the ephemeral concept of "contending"? 

I’m not asking for three new forwards and two new defenseman. If this team is in a playoff position around the deadline I would love to see one or two new bodies at most without subtracting from the top.

If you can get Dzingel for a pick and prospect then just plug him in and move Thompson down that’s fine. Not going to hurt chemistry.

4 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

I thought the joke was that Phat Phil like donuts. Did he shift to hot dogs without telling us?

https://torontosun.com/2015/07/01/leafs-were-sick-and-tired-of-kessel/wcm/a88abc48-cff7-4824-85b8-d13ca510f3c4

The hot dog vendor who parks daily at Front and John Sts. just lost his most reliable customer.

Almost every afternoon at 2:30 p.m., often wearing a toque, Phil Kessel would wander from his neighbourhood condominium to consume his daily snack.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’d trade Nylander for Puljujarvi right now.  We need RW and I think this kid in the right situation can be a star. 

Thought they were both RW?  I guess I'd be interested since Puljujarvi was taken so high and because Edmonton players generally benefit from a change of scenery but who knows with either guy at this point.

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

But a lousy team looking to sell off a good roster player probably wants picks and/or prospects, innit?  And if the Sabres make that kind of trade -- like, say, a low #1 for Panarin or KO, Nylander, Guhle and a low #1 for Kane -- doesn't that make them a contender this season?

I think you're right about this -- I would guess that he is a pretty good leader and is well-respected in the room.

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't liked KO's game for the past few games.  Nice assist to Casey last night though, to be sure.

Really?!  I think he's been our most consistent player the past few games shift to shift.  If Bogosian would stop fumbling D to D passes behind our net, I would compliment him as well. 

30 minutes ago, Robviously said:

Thought they were both RW?  I guess I'd be interested since Puljujarvi was taken so high and because Edmonton players generally benefit from a change of scenery but who knows with either guy at this point.

Nylander is primarily a LW.  I think Pujujarvi has a higher ceiling.

16 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Nylander is primarily a LW.  I think Pujujarvi has a higher ceiling.

I disagree, I think the ceiling of both is currently a middle six winger.   And puljujarvi is a reclamation project more than anything they go badly.

Nylander is developing still, had some set backs due to injury, I'll keep Nylander.     

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.