Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Toffoli and Kempe both make a good bit of sense for us. I’ve been wanting Toffoli for a while now - wanted him when LA was interested in Vanek.

If you can get him for Guhle and like a 3rd I’d be very happy with it.

Edited by Hoss

On 2/1/2019 at 1:31 PM, dudacek said:

Internet rumour of dubious authenticity I'm posting because it interests me:

Nylander, Guhle, SJ 1st for Toffoli and Kempe

Kempe is an RFA this summer, Toffoli is an UFA next summer

9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Toffoli and Kempe both make a good bit of sense for us. I’ve been wanting Toffoli for a while now - wanted him when LA was interested in Vanek.

If you can get him for Guhle and like a 3rd I’d be very happy with it.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, dudacek said:

Internet rumour of dubious authenticity I'm posting because it interests me:

Nylander, Guhle, SJ 1st for Toffoli and Kempe

Kempe is an RFA this summer, Toffoli is an UFA next summer

So, with the scouting list at LA/BOS tilt yesterday, I have a question. Just how dubious is the authenticity of that rumor? It's looking like Buffalo is taking a peak, that's why I ask.

My prediction:

Sabres will be buyers at the deadline. Beaulieu and Nylander plus a couple more are the bait. KO’s injury saves him from being traded. JBott is likely not happy about Scandella’s injury because I think he is/was on the block. I also think a first round pick is on the block as well. JBott is going after a 2C first and foremost. If he gets it this will be the first inflated contract he gives this offseason.

FL1 and FL4 are good to go leaving the middle six. FL3 with Smith-ERod-TT is fine for this year. This leaves FL2. JBott’s vision:

Mitts-New Guy-Sam

GMs Intent: Get to the playoffs this year expecting a round 1 loss. Appease the fans and ownership to buy more confidence. Offseason includes a turnover on D except Risto, Dahlin and McCabe. Sobotka, KO, Scandella, and Bogo are moved for veteran players who can still play while changing some attitudes. Next year’s goal is round 1 but capable of 2, no Cup expectations.

Following season we see the real Buffalo Sabres. Young core are now veterans with experience in winning and playoffs. No excuses. Two years of drafts and trades restocks the Amerks and we become a franchise who develops NHL players, not trading for them. 

Next Few Years:

Do not be surprised if Sam is moved and offers for Jack are made. Dahlin is the franchise player, not Jack. This doesn’t mean I want him moved unless the price is perfect. Risto will be the D anchor and stays but gets second pair minutes. Hutton gets moved for a short term back up and pick. Ullmark is the man.

If Jack is moved Skinner becomes C, Dahlin and 2C get the A. Our additions lead to heavy bodies increasing physical play which leads to puck control in the OZone limiting the need for all our attack rushes and odd man opportunities. Bigger bodies on the PP bring it back to where it needs to be. Memes of Leaf fans crying dominate the internet.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/17/2019 at 1:13 PM, Scottysabres said:

So, with the scouting list at LA/BOS tilt yesterday, I have a question. Just how dubious is the authenticity of that rumor? It's looking like Buffalo is taking a peak, that's why I ask.

The value to me, seems roughly right. Nylander and Guhle are both prospects with good futures that could interest the Kings. There is however risk that they never make it. Kempe and Iafallo we know are both NHL players and still have some potential for improvement, especially Kempe. The SJS 1st gives them a sweetner. 

If I were working this trade, I try to unload Bealieu and keep that SJS first. The Kings aren't strong on defense and an RFA LHD would be helpful to them. Hard to say though how they would value their pieces compared to ours. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From Friedman’s 31 Thoughts Today

24. Carl Hagelin’s only got eight points in 38 games, but a lower price tag may tempt someone for a competitive guy with a good playoff history. Buffalo looked at it.

I really hope that Greeley wasn’t out there for two games for this. 

barf. This is the exact type of player not to acquire. We need to stop getting guys with "experience" that are trending down. 

4 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

My prediction:

Sabres will be buyers at the deadline. Beaulieu and Nylander plus a couple more are the bait. KO’s injury saves him from being traded. JBott is likely not happy about Scandella’s injury because I think he is/was on the block. I also think a first round pick is on the block as well. JBott is going after a 2C first and foremost. If he gets it this will be the first inflated contract he gives this offseason.

FL1 and FL4 are good to go leaving the middle six. FL3 with Smith-ERod-TT is fine for this year. This leaves FL2. JBott’s vision:

Mitts-New Guy-Sam

GMs Intent: Get to the playoffs this year expecting a round 1 loss. Appease the fans and ownership to buy more confidence. Offseason includes a turnover on D except Risto, Dahlin and McCabe. Sobotka, KO, Scandella, and Bogo are moved for veteran players who can still play while changing some attitudes. Next year’s goal is round 1 but capable of 2, no Cup expectations.

Following season we see the real Buffalo Sabres. Young core are now veterans with experience in winning and playoffs. No excuses. Two years of drafts and trades restocks the Amerks and we become a franchise who develops NHL players, not trading for them. 

Next Few Years:

Do not be surprised if Sam is moved and offers for Jack are made. Dahlin is the franchise player, not Jack. This doesn’t mean I want him moved unless the price is perfect. Risto will be the D anchor and stays but gets second pair minutes. Hutton gets moved for a short term back up and pick. Ullmark is the man.

If Jack is moved Skinner becomes C, Dahlin and 2C get the A. Our additions lead to heavy bodies increasing physical play which leads to puck control in the OZone limiting the need for all our attack rushes and odd man opportunities. Bigger bodies on the PP bring it back to where it needs to be. Memes of Leaf fans crying dominate the internet.

Some interesting takes here - you've got me thinking.

Just curious as to what people might think......

Berglund--gone

KO--out for how long? (maybe retire?)

Scandella-- out week-to-week (also believed to be trade bait)

Bogo--day-to-day (isn't he always)

What we need....

scoring....maybe time to bring up Olofsson/??

A 2C.....trade for???

toughness throughout the line-up......HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP

RHD......this is where my question/ curiosity come in.. The player I am about to mention is one of those "I hate him" when he plays for the opposing team. But I think on a short term basis this guy could solve some of our D-woes in our zone and add toughness to the team.......Adam McQuaid. Could get him cheap and teach our young D-boys how to become D-men. I absolutely hated him when he was a Bruin (almost as much as Brad) but would have loved to have him on my team. 

Calling @DarthEbriate.....Darth McQuaider reporting for duty.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again
added to post

4 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

My prediction:

Mitts-New Guy-Sam

Next Few Years:

Not bad future. We need someone who can score and make good  passes to FL2. Someone like Nugent-Hopkins in Edmonton.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

barf. This is the exact type of player not to acquire. We need to stop getting guys with "experience" that are trending down. 

I can’t speak specifically to Hagelin, but I have no problem with experience on the downward part of the curve as long as the contract doesn’t end after the players usefulness is over.  It’s a fine line for sure.  But the experience these players bring is sorely needed on this roster.

11 minutes ago, Berg said:

Not bad future. We need someone who can score and make good  passes to FL2. Someone like Nugent-Hopkins in Edmonton.

8 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Ahhh, and what does Edmonton need? Chances are we could accommodate. 

I'd rather trade for a Huberdeau/ Staal/ Hayes/ Coyle/ Duchene/ etc. Not sold on RNH as our 2C.

Edmonton needs the same thing the Sabres do.....a new league that's somewhere between the NHL and AHL and is run by Walt Disney.

12 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Ahhh, and what does Edmonton need? Chances are we could accommodate. 

nothing will save them. But if they suggested I would give them KO, Sobotka and Scandella. But not all. The only ones from the main composition of whom I do not mind losing

8 minutes ago, Weave said:

I can’t speak specifically to Hagelin, but I have no problem with experience on the downward part of the curve as long as the contract doesn’t end after the players usefulness is over.  It’s a fine line for sure.  But the experience these players bring is sorely needed on this roster.

If this team was playoff bound, I also have no problem. With experience on the downward part, but this team isnt playoff bound this year. Unless they get someone with term or whom they can resign, sit out the deadline shopping and just sell off some parts to real contenders......

29 minutes ago, Weave said:

If we do that, we need to send out another 3/4th line player in return. We just can't keep loading up on bottom 6 guys. We need top 6. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.