Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Nylander, no.  Guhle... maybe. I was thinking some package involving Bealieeuue but not sure that would interest them or work. 

I’d send Nylander for him straight up. Nylander has shown me that he is at best a 3rd line play making forward.  We need scorers and I think JP could do that here with the right center.  

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’d send Nylander for him straight up. Nylander has shown me that he is at best a 3rd line play making forward.  We need scorers and I think JP could do that here with the right center.  

Maybe. I think both these guys are questionable for long NHL careers. Nylander I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt too because his first 2 AHL years are basically void. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Maybe. I think both these guys are questionable for long NHL careers. Nylander I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt too because his first 2 AHL years are basically void. 

I think Edmonton has used him wrong since the beginning.  We need more size and JP could provide it.  I think he is a better version of Thompson and with the right coaching he could develop into a really good PF.  The guy is only 20 and needs a fresh start.  

JP has 138 NHL games w 17g and 20a.  He has 53 AHL games w 15g 22a over 3 seasons

Thompson has 89NHL games w 10g 10a

Nylander this AHL season, his 3rd AHL campaign has 42 gp 8g 16a.  

Give me JP and let’s see what happens.  Put him on Jack’s RW and see if he can measure up.  At worst he’ll be past on the depth chart by TT and we’ll have two big capable RWs

RW depth could be

Reinhart

Puljujarvi

Thompson

Okposo

I'm interested in Puljujaarvi because he can provide some needed power up front and we need that. I also think some of his problems are maturity and cultural — a fish out of water scenario.

But I wouldn't pay much because I don't think he reads the game well. He reminds me of Benoit Pouliot and has a similar ceiling.

Looking back, a lot of his junior hype was tied to his man-among-boys physical development. It's looking like scouts really blew it when looking at the way he and Aho helped each other's games.

18 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

@jame and @dudacek

Here is the problem.  While Scandella is likely worth a 2nd rd pick, as Jame said Jbot is looking at a hockey trade.  However he has said he is looking for more then a hockey trade.  He is looking for a piece he can keep long-term.  That is going to take much more then Scandella.  Seriously who is trading a 2nd line C or a 2nd pairing RHD with control to get Scandella this deadline?  The answer is no one.  Could Jbot package a 2nd rd pick and other assets to get what he wants sure, but that type of deal is much much more likely to be executed over the summer not at the trade deadline. 

I'm not going to say it's not possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Scandella for a 2nd is not a “hockey trade”

a hockey trade, as colloquially referred, is a 1 for 1, or 2 for 2, or just a deal involving players of similar skill/age/term... not s trade of picks for rentals or futures for term.

i didn’t ask for a 2nd line center... more of a mid range 3rd line center so similar age and term. AKA a hockey trade.

Edited by jame

Ryan RishaugVerified account @TSNRyanRishaug
Follow Follow @TSNRyanRishaug
More

Oilers had discussion with Markus Lehto, agent for Jesse Puljujarvi today. Team is open to trading him if a proper return can be found, and in the meantime an AHL stint to help boost offence and confidence is being considered. No decisions yet.

More

I think the return needed to convince the Oilers to trade Puljujarvi would be quite high. Team still believes in the player and if return isn’t what they want they’ll be happy to sit tight and continue working with him.

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:
More

Oilers had discussion with Markus Lehto, agent for Jesse Puljujarvi today. Team is open to trading him if a proper return can be found, and in the meantime an AHL stint to help boost offence and confidence is being considered. No decisions yet.

More

I think the return needed to convince the Oilers to trade Puljujarvi would be quite high. Team still believes in the player and if return isn’t what they want they’ll be happy to sit tight and continue working with him.

This kid has size, some speed, some hands. I look at this kid, and I see a winger for Larsson ?

6 hours ago, jame said:

Scandella for a 2nd is not a “hockey trade”

a hockey trade, as colloquially referred, is a 1 for 1, or 2 for 2, or just a deal involving players of similar skill/age/term... not s trade of picks for rentals or futures for term.

i didn’t ask for a 2nd line center... more of a mid range 3rd line center so similar age and term. AKA a hockey trade.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:46 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

@jame and @dudacek

Here is the problem.  While Scandella is likely worth a 2nd rd pick, as Jame said Jbot is looking at a hockey trade.  However he has said he is looking for more then a hockey trade.  He is looking for a piece he can keep long-term.  That is going to take much more then Scandella.  Seriously who is trading a 2nd line C or a 2nd pairing RHD with control to get Scandella this deadline?  The answer is no one.  Could Jbot package a 2nd rd pick and other assets to get what he wants sure, but that type of deal is much much more likely to be executed over the summer not at the trade deadline. 

I'm not going to say it's not possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Obviously you didn't read my post.  No one who wants Scandella is going to do a hockey trade with us for a piece we need.  If Jbot trades Scandella he may get picks or prospects he can then utilize with other assets in another deal to get the piece he needs, but there won't be a one for one trade involving Scandella that nets us a 2nd line center or 2nd pairing RHD.

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Obviously you didn't read my post.  No one who wants Scandella is going to do a hockey trade with us for a piece we need.  If Jbot trades Scandella he may get picks or prospects he can then utilize with other assets in another deal to get the piece he needs, but there won't be a one for one trade involving Scandella that nets us a 2nd line center or 2nd pairing RHD.

3rd line center 

21 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Sending him to Edmonton will seal his fate as a draft bust. Has anyone lost a trade with Edmonton recently? 

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why do we need a 3rd line center?  Don't we have enough bottom six forwards?  Mitts should be the 3rd line center.  We are trying to up grade the team, not add another warm body.

I think that's the problem and has been the problem around here for a while. Too many bottom 6 guys and not enough top 6 guys. Ideally you want your top 6 guys to force players into bottom 6 roles instead of bottom 6 guys getting pushed into top 6 roles. I would rather see them get someone that can push Casey down to the bottom 6, or back to Rochester for a bit the looking for more guys to round out the bottom 6.

Has there ever been a player who was ruined by staying down in the minors too long?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think that's the problem and has been the problem around here for a while. Too many bottom 6 guys and not enough top 6 guys. Ideally you want your top 6 guys to force players into bottom 6 roles instead of bottom 6 guys getting pushed into top 6 roles. I would rather see them get someone that can push Casey down to the bottom 6, or back to Rochester for a bit the looking for more guys to round out the bottom 6.

Has there ever been a player who was ruined by staying down in the minors too long?

That's because bottom 6 guys are easier to get. Kind of hard to just get a top 6 guy without selling off your future, and we simply are not close enough to sell off the future. What do you want, to trade the next 3 years away for one series where we lose to Tampa? 

If we end up with too many bottom six guys maybe we can package a bunch of them off to some team looking to rebuild or unload a high paid guy but that won't work for rentals. Just about everybody unloading FA's wants draft picks and prospects because they are building for the future, and it also muddies the trade so it's harder to evaluate and doesn't look to their fanbase like you just gave the guy away.  That's a GM survival rule these days. 

42 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Any prospects called up for that game?

Martinez wasn't in the game, so I counted him out. Looked over the NHL.com roster stats and cap friendly, nothing caught my attention. Toffoli maybe?

Kempfe is Swedish, maybe him?

I did find this on "The Mayor" twitter feed, and he was in the game yesterday.

The Mayor John Hoven @mayorNHL 17h17 hours ago

More

Spoke w/ Matt Luff after the game last nt. Here are a few nuggets... "I came down w/ a positive attitude. I'm working toward getting called up again, When I get the chance up top, I want to take somebody's spot & stay in that lineup. I'm just trying to take steps fwd in my game"

Listed as 21 yrs old, undrafted, RW, 6'2", 196lbs. He's as close to a prospect as they had in that game yesterday? I guess? I dunno, I don't get to watch hardly any Kings games, so I'm just throwing darts at the board here.

Could it have been possible Greely was there to look at Boston?

Edited by Scottysabres

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.