Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Honestly, if even:

Skinner - Eichel - Whoever

Huberdeau - Mittelstadt - Reinhart 

...isn't a playoffs-achieving top-6, I'd be fairly surprised. 

If we can add that 2C and bump Casey down for a time, if we didn't make the playoffs I'd be at a loss. 

That's definitely a playoff top-6. Mittelstadt has been clearly overmatched, but skating him with the Thompsons and Okposos of the world hasn't done him any favors. I'd also like to add a center regardless, but I'm not complaining much if Mitts is flanked by those two wings. 

• Like (+1) 2

Maybe Botts could work something out with Columbus and Florida to make a three way trade. 

Florida gets Bobrovsky and Panarin.

Buffalo gets Huberdeau and RD Weeger from Florida.

Columbus gets Scandella, Nylander,  and San Jose 1st from Buffalo.

Columbus gets Florida 1st and G James Reimer.

Buffalo gets Boone Jenner from Columbus.

Br4eak down for each team...

Florida trades Huberdeau, Weeger, Reimer, and 1st rd pick for Panarin and Bobrovsky.

Columbus trades Panarin, and Bobrovsky for Scandella, Sobotka, Nylander, Reimer, and two 1st rd picks.

Buffalo trades Scandella, Sobotka, Nylander, and 1st pick for Huberdeau and Weeger.

15 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

I don't think there's any way to guarantee that, or write it into the trade language, is there? Unless the extension is signed before the trade happens?

You could make draft picks conditional, but that's a risk for both teams, because a player and an agent can always change their mind when the extension is actually offered post-trade, right?

It's simple really.  You give the team permission to talk to the player ahead of the deal.  If they reach an agreement, the trade goes through.  I suppose they could back out after that, but in that case, the deal gets voided.  Any agent playing that game is risking career suicide.

14 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If Columbus could get Huberdeau for Panarin, that would be a coup. I can't imagine they'd get a better asset from another team. 

It involves a larger deal obviously, but Columbus would be crazy to not entertain the notion.

15 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

put Sheary Mitts and Sam together move Huberdeau up. Mitts playing a lot better lately, move guys up from the A next year for third line.

Huberdeau is primarily a LW, even though he is listed as a C on some sites. As such, you probably wouldn't want to play him on his off wing on the top line as it may limit his productivity.

I think that...

15 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Skinner - Eichel - Whoever

Huberdeau - Mittelstadt - Reinhart

...gives us more of a line 1A/1B type of scenario and prevents teams from stacking to shut down the Eichel line, which has recently been the formula to beat the Sabres.

18 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Wouldn't Huberdeau be sent back to COL if they're trading Panarin and Bob?

My nitpicky helpful hint of the day: COL is the NHL abbreviation for Colorado.  CBJ is Columbus.

I really hope I'm not coming across as an ass on this one.  There's enough craziness around the Avs that I could probably be easily convinced that they somehow have a claim to Huberdeau through the Duchene trade.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

My nitpicky helpful hint of the day: COL is the NHL abbreviation for Colorado.  CBJ is Columbus.

I really hope I'm not coming across as an ass on this one.  There's enough craziness around the Avs that I could probably be easily convinced that they somehow have a claim to Huberdeau through the Duchene trade.

No, you're right. As soon as I posted that I looked at it thought "hmm...that doesn't look right, but with context people should understand what I meant".

Anyways, it seems highly unlikely that Buffalo would be able to land Hubey in this scenario as it'd depend on a trade & sign for two players, plus CBJ would be getting a sizeable return for that package, I don't see how Buffalo makes sense here aside from fantasy trade scenarios.

3 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

Don't know if this is credible info or not but heard that Panarin has a condo in Florida and also that his GF likes Florida

The rumor has always been a big city or a place that is warm. 

Miami checks both boxes. 

Also another small detail, if Florida does want to shed salary that probably means Mike Hoffman hits UFA on July 1st.

19 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Maybe Botts could work something out with Columbus and Florida to make a three way trade. 

Florida gets Bobrovsky and Panarin.

Buffalo gets Huberdeau and RD Weeger from Florida.

Columbus gets Scandella, Nylander,  and San Jose 1st from Buffalo.

Columbus gets Florida 1st and G James Reimer.

Buffalo gets Boone Jenner from Columbus.

Br4eak down for each team...

Florida trades Huberdeau, Weeger, Reimer, and 1st rd pick for Panarin and Bobrovsky.

Columbus trades Panarin, and Bobrovsky for Scandella, Sobotka, Nylander, Reimer, and two 1st rd picks.

Buffalo trades Scandella, Sobotka, Nylander, and 1st pick for Huberdeau and Weeger.

This trade cannot happen because Twitter doesn't allow enough characters for the insiders to parse it properly.  ?

It's certainly creative.  I think a trade of that complexity would melt people's brains.

21 minutes ago, LTS said:

This trade cannot happen because Twitter doesn't allow enough characters for the insiders to parse it properly.  ?

It's certainly creative.  I think a trade of that complexity would melt people's brains.

I'm trying to figure out what happened here. 

In the trade proposal there's no mention of Sobotka, yet his name comes up in the break down.

Also, in the trade there's mention of Boone Jenner, yet his name disappears in the break down. 

47 minutes ago, shrader said:

Mike Hoffman. Don’t know if it is the most recent, but it immediately comes to mind. That’s as complex as any of those trades would every get... not very

Might be semantics but wasn’t that two separate deals? Hoffman to San Jose (?) then to Florida. Ottawa didn’t want Hoffman in the division 

1 hour ago, IrwinNelson said:

Hoffman was traded twice. That’s not how a three way trade works. 

That’s because technically a 3 way trade is not “legal”. Per the CBA a trade can only involve two teams, which is why a 3 way is really just two or more separate transactions.

37 minutes ago, jame said:

That’s because technically a 3 way trade is not “legal”. Per the CBA a trade can only involve two teams, which is why a 3 way is really just two or more separate transactions.

I understand all of this. But compare the Duchene trade to the Hoffman trade and they are not all that alike. In one situation  (Duchene) no team had any issues dealing with the other teams they were trading with. Dorian (Ottawa/Hoffman), in all of his infinite wisdom, came out before trading Hoffman saying he wouldn’t trade within the division. Florida reached out to San Jose and asked them to acquire him, and then they would then trade for him. 

Like I said in my first post, it’s semantics, but the Hoffman deal most definitely isn’t a three-way deal in the truest sense of the word.

Edited by IrwinNelson
In fact, if you google Mike Hoffman trade, not a single reporter or article calls it a three-way deal. This is far from the case when googling any “real” three-way deal, a la Duchene

Just now, IrwinNelson said:

I understand all of this. But compare the Duchene trade to the Hoffman trade and they are not all that alike. In one situation  (Duchene) no team had any issues dealing with the other teams they were trading with. Dorian (Ottawa/Hoffman), in all of his infinity wisdom, came out before trading Hoffman saying he wouldn’t trade within the division. Florida reached out to San Jose and asked them to acquire him, and then they would then trade for him. 

Like I said in my first post, it’s semantics, but the Hoffman deal most definitely isn’t a three-way deal in the truest sense of the word.

You’re absolutely correct.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.