Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

If the Jets go after someone, I think it will be a center and I don't think Toffoli was playing C for the Kings. Dzingel is a LW I think and Ferland, a Manitoba native, is also a LWer.

I hope they stay away from Hayes, too. Staal would be nice, if available. Duchene would be too costly...I want no part of Brassard...Schenn would be nice but he'd cost more than we paid for Stastny because of his extra year. I'd give up a 1st and Petan or even as high as Comrie for Staal, especially if he re-signed for two more years.

I can also see Chevy picking up a D man for depth...maybe something like a 4th rounder or something for a D man.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Per Saturday Night Headlines the asking price for Tyler Toffoli, Ryan Dzingel and Michael Ferland remains a 1st Round Pick 

Calgary, Winnipeg and Nashville appear to be the team’s most likely to part with theirs 

Also Winnipeg is interested in Kevin Hayes. 

I would give two firsts for Toffoli and Dzingel

3 hours ago, rickshaw said:

Not sure if this has been floated but is it time to move on from Samson?

“Move on”? No. Get good value for him if it’s out there? Sure. Eichel and Dahlin are the only two players that are “untouchable.” Maybe Mittelstadt.

3 hours ago, rickshaw said:

Not sure if this has been floated but is it time to move on from Samson?

If by move on you mean actively shop him then no. If you mean we target another player for a trade then yes. This only works if said player is either:

1. More talented at the same position.

2. Equally talented at the same position with a more appealing contract.

3. Fills a position that is more important than 1RW. Such as a legitimate 2C. 

If the return is picks and prospects and JBott accepts I will sue for emotional damages.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

This team could use some toughness with speed, so who's out there that fits the bill while still adhering to Bots policy of no rentals this deadline?

Ok don’t shoot the messenger on this. Tom Wilson has 14 goals in 33 games, 24 years old, signed through 2023/2024 at over 5 mil.

Dirty but tough or tough but dirty depending how you look at it.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Ok don’t shoot the messenger on this. Tom Wilson has 14 goals in 33 games, 24 years old, signed through 2023/2024 at over 5 mil.

Dirty but tough or tough but dirty depending how you look at it.

I'm a lover, not a fighter, but ...

bang ... bang 

Make that squirt ... squirt with a big water gun.

No way, no how.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
DAMN TABLET!!
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’d go after Toffoli with Beaulieu and the 2020 2nd and SJSs 4th this year

Not a rental and would give us further depth on the wing.

the biggest problem is the lack of non rental Cs on the market 

I don't think that package even gets us in the conversation, but I don't mind targeting Toffoli. We've killed Beaulieu's value by not playing him, and the next years 2nd ~ equals a 2019 3rd.

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

I don't think that package even gets us in the conversation, but I don't mind targeting Toffoli. We've killed Beaulieu's value by not playing him, and the next years 2nd ~ equals a 2019 3rd.

I’d disagree on Beaulieu’s value being shot. He’s worth a 4th. Toffoli is having a down year.

my original offer would be SJSs 1st and Beaulieu for Toffoli and their 4th/3rd based on Beaulieu’s games performance 

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’d disagree on Beaulieu’s value being shot. He’s worth a 4th. Toffoli is having a down year.

my original offer would be SJSs 1st and Beaulieu for Toffoli and their 4th/3rd based on Beaulieu’s games performance 

I'm totally on board with trading for a 26 year old former 25 goal scorer with a reasonable contract (signed a three-year, $13.8 million contract extension in 2017). The Kings sound like they are looking to rebuild a little bit, so I would see if we can entice them with the picks we have available.

Also, from the sounds of it, the Kings bloggers feel he could be more effective in a faster paced offense compared to the Kings "old and slow" roster.

https://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2018/12/3/18124667/the-curious-case-of-tyler-toffoli-los-angeles-kings

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Odd.  Luongo is signed through 2022 at a $4.53 million cap hit.  That would be a big combined hit for two goalies.  I'm not really sure what the recapture penalty would be if/when he retires.

Unless this is some weird Seattle expansion play - like how Pittsburgh basically guaranteed that MAF would be the starting goalie for the Golden Knights.

22 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Unless this is some weird Seattle expansion play - like how Pittsburgh basically guaranteed that MAF would be the starting goalie for the Golden Knights.

I'd imagine that he wants to be in Florida or nowhere at all.  That's a big part of how he wound up back there in the first place.  Retirement is probably the most likely option which, from what Brawndo posted, hits Vancouver the hardest.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Odd.  Luongo is signed through 2022 at a $4.53 million cap hit.  That would be a big combined hit for two goalies.  I'm not really sure what the recapture penalty would be if/when he retires.

They also have Reimer for two more years at $3.5M. And besides that, I can't imagine being comfortable giving Bobrovsky 8 years with how he's played this season. 

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

They also have Reimer for two more years at $3.5M. And besides that, I can't imagine being comfortable giving Bobrovsky 8 years with how he's played this season. 

Florida GM: "Imagine if we got all of the goalies on our team, think of how easy it would be to score goals then!"

Advisors: "You know that isn't how it works right...?"

Florida GM: "It's like when they pull the goalie at that end of the game, but all the time!"

Advisors: *facepalm*

20 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

If by move on you mean actively shop him then no. If you mean we target another player for a trade then yes. This only works if said player is either:

1. More talented at the same position.

2. Equally talented at the same position with a more appealing contract.

3. Fills a position that is more important than 1RW. Such as a legitimate 2C. 

If the return is picks and prospects and JBott accepts I will sue for emotional damages.

That’s what I meant. Getting a player of equal quality to make a cultural change so to speak. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.