Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Detroit has effectively said they are not moving him.

McCabe, is our only physical LD, I hope you have a replacement in mind if your moving him, because both Pilut and Dahlin are anything but physical.

Botts said he wasn’t moving ROR, Murray said he wasn’t moving Myers..

you know those kind of comments mean nothing.

Risto and Bogo bring plenty of physicality to the top 4

15 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Detroit has effectively said they are not moving him.

McCabe, is our only physical LD, I hope you have a replacement in mind if your moving him, because both Pilut and Dahlin are anything but physical.

What if he is a chip for a full time RD partner for Dahlin?  The fact he is the most tradable asset and we have enough young talent at LD is true.   We need to strengthen other areas of weakness.  Ristolainen with Pilut and Bogosian with Guhle would be solid.

10 minutes ago, jame said:

Botts said he wasn’t moving ROR, Murray said he wasn’t moving Myers..

you know those kind of comments mean nothing.

Risto and Bogo bring plenty of physicality to the top 4

McCabe might be the most solid defender we have in terms of not screwing up and being responsible.   Obviously they all have their faults, but if we have to give up one of our better defenders in a trade (that's worth it), I think McCabe should be spared if at all possible.  Tough call, but between Risto, Bogo and McCabe, the former two's faults put them ahead of McCabe in the hierarchy IMHO.

Just now, ... said:

McCabe might be the most solid defender we have in terms of not screwing up and being responsible.   Obviously they all have their faults, but if we have to give up one of our better defenders in a trade (that's worth it), I think McCabe should be spared if at all possible.  Tough call, but between Risto, Bogo and McCabe, the former two's faults put them ahead of McCabe in the hierarchy IMHO.

Yea I think McCabe is fairly overrated and would love to trade him to a team that though highly of him.

if someone is willing to pay the price as if he’s a 25 year old top 4 D.... I’d be elated

23 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

What if he is a chip for a full time RD partner for Dahlin?  The fact he is the most tradable asset and we have enough young talent at LD is true.   We need to strengthen other areas of weakness.  Ristolainen with Pilut and Bogosian with Guhle would be solid.

I’m fairly confident that we will be able to plug in partners for Dahlin throughout his career without having to worry too much.

ill stick with Bogo there for another year... then we’ll see where things are in 2020-21 with Borgen, who will be nearly 24 by then.

1 minute ago, jame said:

Yea I think McCabe is fairly overrated and would love to trade him to a team that though highly of him.

if someone is willing to pay the price as if he’s a 25 year old top 4 D.... I’d be elated

Like a lot of things, we're going to have be happy with disagreeing on McCabe.  I'm not certain where you get he's overrated, though.  I get the sense Risto and Bogo are rated well above him.

2 hours ago, ... said:

Like a lot of things, we're going to have be happy with disagreeing on McCabe.  I'm not certain where you get he's overrated, though.  I get the sense Risto and Bogo are rated well above him.

Overrated in the sense that he’s long been considered a top 4 guy... when the reality is he can’t play with talent. He’s a good solid 3rd pair D that you hope to trade before the stupid contract (we are entering the stupid contract range)

Beaulieu, a guy who was given away for a 3rd round pick, got a 2 yr 2.6 per contract... what do you think mcCabe is going to get? And do you want to pay it?

Scandella (a similar player) got 4.0 at the same age McCabe is now... for context, that 4.0 was nearly 6% of the cap at the time... 6% of a projected 83 million cap next year.... is 5 million per year.

anyone want to give McCabe a 4.5-5.0 per year long term deal?

16 hours ago, jame said:

Overrated in the sense that he’s long been considered a top 4 guy... when the reality is he can’t play with talent. He’s a good solid 3rd pair D that you hope to trade before the stupid contract (we are entering the stupid contract range)

Beaulieu, a guy who was given away for a 3rd round pick, got a 2 yr 2.6 per contract... what do you think mcCabe is going to get? And do you want to pay it?

Scandella (a similar player) got 4.0 at the same age McCabe is now... for context, that 4.0 was nearly 6% of the cap at the time... 6% of a projected 83 million cap next year.... is 5 million per year.

anyone want to give McCabe a 4.5-5.0 per year long term deal?

I'd give him 4.5 for 3 years. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-120...t-that-duchene-and-stone-get-traded-1.1251297

Stone and Duchene, both UFA's. But man, that is a lot of talent possibly on the market right there.

Just out of curiosity, what would Botts have to offer for both of these guys? I realize he said no UFA's, but a trade and sign for both?

I couldn't want Duchene any less. Well maybe RNH is less desirable to me. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd give him 4.5 for 3 years. 

I think the time is *perfect* to trade McCabe, and not because I undervalue him, as some do.  I think he's a very solid defenseman.

The Sabres are soon going too have nine defensemen on the roster.  Two are untouchable.  Six won't bring much of a return, but the Sabres still can make three reasonable pairings out of those remaining eight.

And with his salary and RFA status?  McCabe would fetch an actual NHL player.  A top nine forward and very possibly a top six.

No, I am not interested in trading him for prospects or draft picks.  Find a team that needs a defenseman and pluck a RW from them.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I think the time is *perfect* to trade McCabe, and not because I undervalue him, as some do.  I think he's a very solid defenseman.

The Sabres are soon going too have nine defensemen on the roster.  Two are untouchable.  Six won't bring much of a return, but the Sabres still can make three reasonable pairings out of those remaining eight.

And with his salary and RFA status?  McCabe would fetch an actual NHL player.  A top nine forward and very possibly a top six.

No, I am not interested in trading him for prospects or draft picks.  Find a team that needs a defenseman and pluck a RW from them.

How about a 2C/LW instead......I'm in....McCabe for Draisaitl

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The Sabres are thinner at RW than at LW for next year, and of course Draisatl isn't happening.

I agree, just throwing it out there. There's always a price though.

Why is it here in Buffalo that when we are "swinging for the fence" it happens that we seemingly are in a "little league ballpark" 

I say "Couturier"..... someone say "not happening" how about Pageau? or you hear words like "pipedream"

Say Schenn....someone will say Burakovsky

Say Duchene...someone says Coyle.

Say, fix the PP....and you get someone talking about PP2

Say, trade Scandy...you get he was a top pair "last year".

Say ROR....and you all you here is .....well, we won't go there.

Say that Housley's system looks good.....and something comes up with a "Q"

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Why is it here in Buffalo that when we are "swinging for the fence" it happens that we seemingly are in a "little league ballpark" 

I say "Couturier"..... someone say "not happening" how about Pageau? or you hear words like "pipedream"

This sounds very familiar.

'you say black, I say white'

'you say bark, I say bite'

'you say shark, I say, hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars'

?

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Well, for one thing, if the Sabres are keeping Skinner, Draisatl's salary is going to be a problem, and for another, Chiarelli isn't in Edmonton anymore.

I don't mind trading Scandella, but the Sabres aren't going to get the same return for him that they would for McCabe.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Really dislike this idea, but am open to it because of Seattle's inaugural season sliding a year.

Had they come in when they were supposed to, the only player of any value that had to be exposed was Hutton.  With them coming in a year late, they have to either expose Pilut or McCabe; only protect Eichel, Skinner, Reinhart, & Mittelstadt; or give up at least a 2nd to protect some others.  

McCabe has, IMHO, more value than Pilut so if they can covert him in a package into a forward they need, am open to it.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Well, for one thing, if the Sabres are keeping Skinner, Draisatl's salary is going to be a problem, and for another, Chiarelli isn't in Edmonton anymore.

I don't mind trading Scandella, but the Sabres aren't going to get the same return for him that they would for McCabe.

Sorry, you're taking my post too literal.

The general idea is that we all tend to think that certain players would never come here and automatically chastise any idea that such a player actually "might".

If I were to say lets go after Kopitar....the 1st reaction would likely be ..."in your dreams". 2nd reaction....why would he want to come here? and so on, eventually you get to a point where someone asks...is he even available? And the ....we don't have anyone the Kings would want.

When can we get to (or better yet, HOW do we get to) the point where we can believe it to happen? Believe it or not it could happen. 

I want to be able to some day say I'd would love to have similar to a Crosby/Malkin combo without someone saying "it'll never happen", it's a pipedream, or "we could of had that but JBot traded our 2C away"...LOL.  When do we get to the point that we say "lets do it" and "what will it take" like it can actually happen?

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per Saturday Night Headlines the asking price for Tyler Toffoli, Ryan Dzingel and Michael Ferland remains a 1st Round Pick 

Calgary, Winnipeg and Nashville appear to be the team’s most likely to part with theirs 

Also Winnipeg is interested in Kevin Hayes. 

Yea, I'd trade the San Jose 1st for Toffoli. 

19 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Not sure if this has been floated but is it time to move on from Samson?

Why? Do you think his career season is a mirage? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.