Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Good luck.  I hope this is for good reasons.

It’s for many reasons on both ends of the spectrum, I’d say. But I think I’m better off with the move. Will miss the access to my teams and people here, for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It’s for many reasons on both ends of the spectrum, I’d say. But I think I’m better off with the move. Will miss the access to my teams and people here, for sure.

That's all anyone can do.  Try for and hope for the best.  If it doesn't work out you can always come back, or try something else.

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Charlotte is basically Buffalo Southern in places. There are Bills backer bars and I bet they have hockey.

On an unrelated note: Wooden Robot Brewing, Cabo Fish Taco. 

Edited by LGR4GM

15 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Your timing isn't too bad if you're interested in making the trip to Raleigh for the game in March.

4 hours ago, sweetlou said:

I thought of interesting three way trade this morning and wanted to get some feedback.

Trade involves Buffalo, Edmonton, and Philadelphia.

Buffalo sends Edmonton Reinhart and Beaulieu.   Reinhart goes home and gives Edmonton wing scoring. They can drop Draisaitl to second line center.  Beaulieu is LD and would get chance to play in Edmonton. 

Edmonton sends Philadelphia Nugent-Hopkins.  Nugent-Hopkins gives Philly a new fresh center behind Giroux. Just mainly a flip flop of Nugent-Hopkins for Coutier.

Philadelphia sends Buffalo Couturier. Couturier gives Buffalo much needed second line center.

Edmonton sends Buffalo Benning.- RD that would fit in nicely on third pairing for Buffalo.

Trade breakdowns for each team.

Buffalo trades Reinhart and Beaulieu for Couturier and Benning.

Philadelphia trades Couturier for Nugent-Hopkins.

Edmonton trades Nugent-Hopkins and Benning for Reinhart and Beaulieu.

Maybe could add other prospects or picks but this would be the core of the trade.

Enough going each way?  No one is pending UFA.  Each forward has term or team control for a couple of years.  

Why would Philly massively downgrade from Couturier to RNH... when RNH has fewer remaining years and costs more?

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

I know what that's like. I lived in southern PA among alot of Steelers fans. Hope you like Nascar.

I actually went to a Hershey Bears game to see the Amerks play and get my hockey fix. Amerks won and I had great seats. Mybe you can get your fix and keep us posted at the same time by going to some Charlotte Checkers/ Amerks games.

Best of luck to you.

They play in Charlotte 3/15 and 3/16 FYI.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again
added to post
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade-watch-list-top-30-2019/

Here is an update trade watch list.  It says we are interested in Zuccurelo and Dzingel.  

Zucca is getting old, but a hell of a player. Seen him since youth, he played infront of Linus Ulmark in MODO. Played a sick line with former NYR Nicklas Sundstrom and Per Age skroder.

Their line is one of the most feared in MODO history, they had such amazing chemistry. 

I would love to see Zucca with Reinheart and centered by Sean Couturier, but hey.. dreams are what they are, dreams.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I was thinking about how Ott and Cbs maximize Panarin and Duchene. Panarin wants to be a big city player (NY or LA).  The NYI look like the only legit buyer from those 2 metro areas.  i suspect the Rags will go after Panarin in the summer so they aren't trading for him now. The idea of Panarin with Barzal is scary good.  Also the CBJ needs Duchene both short and long-term.  Could CBJ trade Panarin to the NYI and then use the proceeds to get Duchene from Ott? I know CBJ would hate to trade him to a rival, but the NYI offer may be the best they get because they might be able to re-sign Panarin in the off-season.  

48 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per the 31 Thoughts Podcast Pominville is on the trade block. 

On a deeper team he might actually have some value. We'd probably have to retain salary. If Botterill needs a little extra cap for something else at the deadline then moving Pommers for a bag of pucks might help ever so slightly.

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

On a deeper team he might actually have some value. We'd probably have to retain salary. If Botterill needs a little extra cap for something else at the deadline then moving Pommers for a bag of pucks might help ever so slightly.

...and allow JBott to make the miracle move that saves the season!

Edited by ...
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Sabel79 said:

I think it's Friedman adding two and two to get 3.9.  Time will tell if he gets to round up.  

I think that it would be a noble jesture to try to get Pominville a cup, but on the other hand I think he would be just as happy to retire a Sabre at the end of this season.  I don't think there is another contract in him even from the Sabres.

Trade ideas leading up to deadline-

Nylander to Washington for Burakovsky...

Burakovsky gets a chance to play top six minutes,  2nd line LW,  RFA that Buffalo could sign to multi year deal for around 3.5 million

Nylander can continue to develop this year and then step into role next year with Washington when they will need young cheap forwards to fill out there roster.

Beaulieu/Scandella, Evan Rodrigues, and San Jose 1st to Ottawa for Cody Cici and JG Pageau

Pageau can be 2nd line Center for this year and next at a good salary of 3.1 mil cap hit

Cici gives Buffalo a 3rd RD, physical and an RFA 

Ottawa  can choose either more experience Scandella or younger, cheaper Beaulieu

Rodrigues gives them cheaper option than Pageau

Ottawa gets a 1st rd pick which they lost to Colorado in Duchene trade

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Washington has been pretty upfront that they're in 'win now' mode, I doubt they want anything to do with Nylander honestly 

Report was that Burakovsky can likely be had for a couple mid-round picks (think 2nd/3rds) but I’m not giving Washington Nylander for him.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Report was that Burakovsky can likely be had for a couple mid-round picks (think 2nd/3rds) but I’m not giving Washington Nylander for him.

Interesting, didn't know about that report. He just seems like one of those guys where they've been waiting for him to turn the corner for years now, and he's just never going to do it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.