Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I might do it anyway. 

I just don't think we have the bodies on the right, then. Dahlin is so much better on the left. So is everyone not named Bogosian and Ristolainen (is Nelson still a thing?).

If Botterill has a replacement lined up, sure. 

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I just don't think we have the bodies on the right, then. Dahlin is so much better on the left. So is everyone not named Bogosian and Ristolainen (is Nelson still a thing?).

We don't have enough bodies on the right. But with Dahlin going to be as good as he is, I think that's less important than not having enough quality centers. The way I see it is as soon as next year Dahlin can carry a top pairing with basically anyone who isn't obviously putrid. The important RHD spot then is the 2nd pair, which is, I think, less important than the 2C. I'm still a huge believer in Mittelstadt, but I'd be in denial if I said he wasn't less ready than I thought, so I'm not sure even next year he'll be able to handle the 2C spot for a playoff team hoping to win anything. 

9 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

We don't have enough bodies on the right. But with Dahlin going to be as good as he is, I think that's less important than not having enough quality centers. The way I see it is as soon as next year Dahlin can carry a top pairing with basically anyone who isn't obviously putrid. The important RHD spot then is the 2nd pair, which is, I think, less important than the 2C. I'm still a huge believer in Mittelstadt, but I'd be in denial if I said he wasn't less ready than I thought, so I'm not sure even next year he'll be able to handle the 2C spot for a playoff team hoping to win anything. 

I agree 2C is more important, but which is easier to fill? I'm with you on Mittelstadt, I think he's the eventual fit there. But it's true, may take a bit still. But what's the timeline for finding that 2RD? 

Can Bogosian be that man?

Have I completely reversed your stance with that last sentence?

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The replacement factor is big here, I agree. The same twitterererer suggested immediately following this trace with a pursuit of Brandon Montour (which would definitely be worth including a first). That or you can expand the trade in some way to get Klefbom but idk if that makes sense for Edmonton.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

What about Risto for RNH and possibly some sort of package for Trouba in June. 

Or less desirable a deal where Reinhart and Dougie Hamilton are the main pieces in the deal. Along with  the RNH-Risto deal 

I'd rather have Reinhart and Risto than Dougie and RNH, no question.

33 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I agree 2C is more important, but which is easier to fill? I'm with you on Mittelstadt, I think he's the eventual fit there. But it's true, may take a bit still. But what's the timeline for finding that 2RD? 

Can Bogosian be that man?

Have I completely reversed your stance with that last sentence?

Well, whether I like it or not, Bogo is that 2RD for another year regardless. Regardless, I'd definitely like to add a replacement piece, though I'm not sure who would be available for a price I'm willing to pay. Brawndo's mention of Trouba is definitely interesting. I think Stralman could be worth a 3ish year deal if Tampa can't hold on to him. 

...Tyler Myers? *ducks*

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Well, whether I like it or not, Bogo is that 2RD for another year regardless. Regardless, I'd definitely like to add a replacement piece, though I'm not sure who would be available for a price I'm willing to pay. Brawndo's mention of Trouba is definitely interesting. I think Stralman could be worth a 3ish year deal if Tampa can't hold on to him. 

...Tyler Myers? *ducks*

wrong team *Jests*...

Edited by North Buffalo

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

...Tyler Myers? *ducks*

Trouba isn't as good as people around here seem to think he is. I watch him a lot and he's underwhelming. His stats aren't doing him a huge favor, either. And Myers is worse. 

Just now, Thorny said:

Trouba isn't as good as people around here seem to think he is. I watch him a lot and he's underwhelming. His stats aren't doing him a huge favor, either. And Myers is worse. 

I'm not looking for someone who can carry a top pair, though. I just need someone who can play respectable minutes next to the best defenseman in the NHL. 

30 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm not looking for someone who can carry a top pair, though. I just need someone who can play respectable minutes next to the best defenseman in the NHL. 

Wait I thought we were talking 2RD not Dahlin's partner?

Edited by Thorny

13 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

2RD long term, yes. But I full expect Bogo is slotted there next season, so the hole trading Risto is really to play next to Dahlin. I fear maybe longer ?

As in they sign Bogosian to an extension? Maybe but I'm not sure they go that route just yet.

And I'm still not convinced on Trouba as a long-term 2RD. But ya next to Dahlin he'd be more than adequate. He'll cost too much for that though, I think.

Borgen and Dougherty are the only two RHD in Rochester who are Prospects neither are ready for full time NHL duties. 

Thorny is right Trouba will probably want 6-7 Million AAV 

So keeping the D Men they have is probably the best option. 

John Shannon was on WGR and he mentioned two things of interest.

First the Leafs Window as Cup Contenders may rapidly close do to cap concerns 

Second Kadri maybe a trade target for teams as a 2C Option. 

Just now, Brawndo said:

Borgen and Dougherty are the only two RHD in Rochester who are Prospects neither are ready for full time NHL duties. 

Thorny is right Trouba will probably want 6-7 Million AAV 

So keeping the D Men they have is probably the best option. 

John Shannon was on WGR and he mentioned two things of interest.

First the Leafs Window as Cup Contenders may rapidly close do to cap concerns 

Second Kadri maybe a trade target for teams as a 2C Option. 

Kadri would be a fantastic add, a perfect fit at 2C. He thrives in roles where more is expected of him. I doubt they'd trade him in division.

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Kadri would be a fantastic add, a perfect fit at 2C. He thrives in roles where more is expected of him. I doubt they'd trade him in division.

Risto would be a possible target for them. Then again why would the Sabres Strengthened their only weakness?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

What about Risto for RNH and possibly some sort of package for Trouba in June. 

Or less desirable a deal where Reinhart and Dougie Hamilton are the main pieces in the deal. Along with  the RNH-Risto deal 

Absolute zero interest in Doug Hamilton. Guy clearly is a problem, not a solution.

Trouba intrigues me for sure. Not sure about what it would take to snag him. Likely something cost-effective for Winnipeg.

I don’t know if I’m on board with Risto for RNH but I’m interested. If it were announced tonight I wouldn’t be angry but I’m not sure if I’d be excited either.

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Either one of Hamilton or Faulk are available from Carolina (RHD's)

I would like another trade with Carolina after Skinner came our way. 

Talk is that Carolina still wants to add a forward after acquiring Nino and plan to use a dman to do it.

To get the value we want, though, I think we’d be better off getting a third team involved to make it happen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Absolute zero interest in Doug Hamilton. Guy clearly is a problem, not a solution.

Trouba intrigues me for sure. Not sure about what it would take to snag him. Likely something cost-effective for Winnipeg.

I don’t know if I’m on board with Risto for RNH but I’m interested. If it were announced tonight I wouldn’t be angry but I’m not sure if I’d be excited either.

Talk is that Carolina still wants to add a forward after acquiring Nino and plan to use a dman to do it.

To get the value we want, though, I think we’d be better off getting a third team involved to make it happen.

Not to mention what he's going to want to get paid. Non starter for me for this reason. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.