Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

11 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Maybe this would be a good argument if any of their other top forward picks had busted. But the worst one is Nugent-Hopkins, and he's really good! 

I'd think these outside factors can make the difference between bust and depth, depth and top 6, and top 6 and star.

But the Oilers definitely didn't turn Yakupov from a star into a bust, by their own doing.  

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think we're all missing the larger point: we need Botterill to trade with Chiarelli. It's almost impossible to lose! 

I'd love to but they don't have anything I'm remotely interested in. What a wasteland of garbage. After McDavid, Draisaitl and Klefbom, it's awful. How on Earth does a team get so bad?  Oh yeah, Chiarelli.  

15 minutes ago, inkman said:

I'd love to but they don't have anything I'm remotely interested in. What a wasteland of garbage. After McDavid, Draisaitl and Klefbom, it's awful. How on Earth does a team get so bad?  Oh yeah, Chiarelli.  

Nugent-Hopkins and Puljujarvi, depending on price, both interest me. Of course, assuming they're all in on making the playoffs, I can't imagine they move RNH for anything I'd be interested in. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, inkman said:

The bolded is the one that really interest me. I know it's not feasible, but ya, Draisaitl, Seguin these are the type of players that really, really...………...really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really interest me.

12 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I worry Puljujarvi has been ruined by the Oilers or was never that great to begin with. After all, he was linemates with Laine and Aho for the WJC.

He also isn’t the fleetest of foot but if the price is low enough I’d throw them lower end asset for his recovery process

The Curse of the 80's Dynasty is alive and real. I truly believe that anyone that touches that organization will draw the ire of the curse on to them. Breaking up that 80's Dynasty was the worst mistake I'd ever seen in my 50 years, and it ruined the Oilers.

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Maybe this would be a good argument if any of their other top forward picks had busted. But the worst one is Nugent-Hopkins, and he's really good! 

The Teflon Nuge?

44 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

The bolded is the one that really interest me. I know it's not feasible, but ya, Draisaitl, Seguin these are the type of players that really, really...………...really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really interest me.

Yes. I want all the others teams best players with term on their deals. Get ready to lose Reinhart, Risto, Mittlestadt, Olofsson, Nylander, Guhle and any other player worth a damn in this organ-eye-zation.

44 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

The Curse of the 80's Dynasty is alive and real. I truly believe that anyone that touches that organization will draw the ire of the curse on to them. Breaking up that 80's Dynasty was the worst mistake I'd ever seen in my 50 years, and it ruined the Oilers.

They've had time to recover ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

I worry Puljujarvi has been ruined by the Oilers or was never that great to begin with. After all, he was linemates with Laine and Aho for the WJC.

He also isn’t the fleetest of foot but if the price is low enough I’d throw them lower end asset for his recovery process

A key development at that draft was Columbus, with a Finnish GM took Dubois over Puljujarvi.

There was not one GM that should have had better Intel on Jesse than him.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yes. I want all the others teams best players with term on their deals. Get ready to lose Reinhart, Risto, Mittlestadt, Olofsson, Nylander, Guhle and any other player worth a damn in this organ-eye-zation.

They've had time to recover ?

In fairness, Chiarelli traded both Seguin and Hall for...not much. 

• Like (+1) 1

B2zdy6wc_normal.jpg

In your gut, do you feel that BM will continue to shake things up amongst the roster?

GMBM said he wants to sign Silfverberg and keep him from becoming an unrestricted free agent. Sounds like that's his next move. I think that's a sound idea. As far as trades, I think everyone is fair game at this point. Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler would be tough to move, though.

Rickard Rakell, if it is true that everyone is fair game, I would put a package together for the Ducks.

Looks like were getting three 1st rd picks this draft.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

The Sabres have nothing the Penguins would want that is available

The Penguins acquired him in a three-team deal and it wouldn’t be hard to do the same to move him out. Whether it’s right for the Sabres or not is questionable, though.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

A lot of hockey trades going on right now. Something I think Botterill really needs to get involved with.

I’ve seen some interesting suggestions on Twitter - one of the most interesting being Ristolainen for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. I’m not sure either team does that but it’s an interesting thought.

If Ristolainen was a left shot I'd probably make this trade. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.