Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

But I thought it was a buyers market? *wet fart*

When the dust settles on evening of the February 25th and the NHL Insiders perform their post mortem on the trade deadline it probably will be a buyers market. No GM, well maybe Peter Chiarelli, is willing to pay  full price for a player he can get at a discount in a few weeks. 

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If that is the price for Ferland... we might know why things are a little slow on the trade front. 

The price for every single player that’s got a name at least 70% of hockey fans have heard is a first and a prospect. Once in a while you’ll get the GM dumb enough to pay that price (Gaustad/Martin Erat for instance).

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

How the #### does a team that's used a 1st round pick (oftentimes THE #1 pick) on forwards for roughly 11 of the past 12 seasons (Nurse being the only definite exception ottomh) STILL need forwards?

Well, for starters, Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson, one for one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

Send them Skinner <ducks for cover>

Not a bad idea actually. Tell Skins to go enjoy McDavid and a playoff run, then talk with Botterill on 7/1.

Send them Skinner, Scandella (they need a solid mid pair LHD with more than the "rental tag) and Okposo (they need a winger better than Lucic) and Bailey or Buffalo 2nd rd pick 2021.

Get back Puljujarvi, 1st unprotected and Lucic with 33% retained.

Re-sign Skinner in the off season, I'd rather have 4 mil instead of 6 mil for 4 more seasons (Okposo to Lucic variant) and that unprotected 1st.

Chiarelli may just be that dumb to except this...…….seriously.

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I still can't believe Yakupov ended up being a total bust. I would get that he never reaches star status because of his low hockey IQ, but his skills and hustle should have at least produced a useful player in the middle of a lineup. He even had a super promising rookie (half) season! 

"Environment"

"Atmosphere"

"...………………..Culture"

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I still can't believe Yakupov ended up being a total bust. I would get that he never reaches star status because of his low hockey IQ, but his skills and hustle should have at least produced a useful player in the middle of a lineup. He even had a super promising rookie (half) season! 

And no one can hold that pick against them. Blame their player development, fine, but Yakopov was the consensus number one. Every single other team would have taken him there. 

Lookin back at that draft, it’s just crappy in general. Who is the best there, Forsberg at 11? Just a bad draft in general. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

There aren't many things in pro sports I find more frightening than this concept. How much the finished product a player becomes depends on how they are developed, the situations they find themselves in. See Goff, Fisher. 

Yakupov busting at the NHL level I would wager is as much circumstantial as it is talent/work ethic related. And I can't see it not extending to stars, as well, in terms of variation.

What does Point look like on the Sabres rather than the Lightning? What about if him and Reinhart switched places? How does Jack Eichel look on the Bruins? McDavid on the lightning?

I just cross my fingers and hope we are getting a maximized Jack Eichel. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.