Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk if he's ahead of Tage but Jesse is intriguing. I'd guess he'd cost a defender and something. Edmonton wants immediate help. 

Guhle is an Alberta boy.

JP was awesome in his draft year. I bet Carolina makes a run at him, reuniting him with former linemates Aho.

Here is the Top 20 Trade Candidates per Custance 

1. Artemi Panarin, Blue Jackets:

2. Matt Duchene, Senators: 

3. Mark Stone, Senators: 

“Ottawa is going to sell,” said an executive. “One or both of Duchene and Stone.”

4. Kevin Hayes, Rangers: 

5. Dougie Hamilton, Hurricanes: 

6. Wayne Simmonds, Flyers: 

7. Chris Kreider, Rangers: 

(Photo: Jonathan Kozub/NHLI via Getty Images)

8. Brayden Schenn, Blues: It “St. Louis is always a team that is willing to make a deal,” said an NHL source. “Quite a few players there (available). They will be interesting to watch.”

9. Jake Muzzin, Kings:

10. Gustav Nyquist, Red Wings: 

11. Jesse Puljujarvi, Oilers: In the ideal world, your NHL coach is focused on winning every day and the GM has a long-term mentality, thinking about three years out. In Edmonton, there’s a lot of pressure on everyone to win now and get in the playoffs, including the GM. That makes anything possible and that includes Edmonton moving Puljujarvi, selected with the No. 4 overall pick in 2016. The preference in Edmonton would be a young player with a similar pedigree, especially one who could help more in the short term. “You would think it would have to make their team better right now,” said one executive. “(Peter Chiarelli has) got to be buying.”

12. Timothy Liljegren, Maple Leafs: I

The one consensus was that at some point, either now or in the summer, Toronto GM Kyle Dubas is very likely to move a young piece of the puzzle in Toronto.

“I don’t care what Kyle Dubas says, there’s no way they can keep them all,” said an executive.

13. Micheal Ferland, Hurricanes: Not a wimp

14. Mats Zuccarello, Rangers: 

15. Nino Niederreiter, Wild: 

Howard-1024x722.jpg
(Photo: Eric Bolte/USA TODAY Sports)

16. Jimmy Howard, Red Wings: 

17. Andre Burakovsky, Capitals: Burakovsky is 23 years old, is set to be a restricted free agent after this season and is an intriguing name who is available. He’s been passed in Washington by Jakub Vrana and scouts will tell you that they’re not sure which Burakovsky is going to show up on a given night. But when he’s going, he can be a difference maker. There’s definitely some intrigue here. The Capitals, according to multiple sources, are looking for a similar aged young player in return at this point. If the best offer is for futures, that’s a deal more likely to happen at the draft.

18. Trevor Daley, Red Wings: 

19. Alec Martinez, Kings: 

20. Nick Jensen, Red Wings: 

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Reinhart is tough then. He goes to the net and takes a beating. 

That said Puljujarvi and Hayes supposedly on the trade block... interesting. 

The only one on the team that actually does that consistently.

If Niederreiter is on the trade block, I bet Coyle is as well.

Frankly I don't think we need more toughness but more scoring beyond our top line. We're not getting pushed around. Of course I'm one of those who is happy to be rid of the Peters/Ray type enforcer roster slots in favor of better hockey players.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:54 PM, Brawndo said:

Here is the Top 20 Trade Candidates per Custance 

1. Artemi Panarin, Blue Jackets:

2. Matt Duchene, Senators: 

3. Mark Stone, Senators: 

“Ottawa is going to sell,” said an executive. “One or both of Duchene and Stone.”

4. Kevin Hayes, Rangers: 

5. Dougie Hamilton, Hurricanes: 

6. Wayne Simmonds, Flyers: 

7. Chris Kreider, Rangers: 

(Photo: Jonathan Kozub/NHLI via Getty Images)

8. Brayden Schenn, Blues: It “St. Louis is always a team that is willing to make a deal,” said an NHL source. “Quite a few players there (available). They will be interesting to watch.”

9. Jake Muzzin, Kings:

10. Gustav Nyquist, Red Wings: 

11. Jesse Puljujarvi, Oilers: In the ideal world, your NHL coach is focused on winning every day and the GM has a long-term mentality, thinking about three years out. In Edmonton, there’s a lot of pressure on everyone to win now and get in the playoffs, including the GM. That makes anything possible and that includes Edmonton moving Puljujarvi, selected with the No. 4 overall pick in 2016. The preference in Edmonton would be a young player with a similar pedigree, especially one who could help more in the short term. “You would think it would have to make their team better right now,” said one executive. “(Peter Chiarelli has) got to be buying.”

12. Timothy Liljegren, Maple Leafs: I

The one consensus was that at some point, either now or in the summer, Toronto GM Kyle Dubas is very likely to move a young piece of the puzzle in Toronto.

“I don’t care what Kyle Dubas says, there’s no way they can keep them all,” said an executive.

13. Micheal Ferland, Hurricanes: Not a wimp

14. Mats Zuccarello, Rangers: 

15. Nino Niederreiter, Wild: 

Howard-1024x722.jpg
(Photo: Eric Bolte/USA TODAY Sports)

16. Jimmy Howard, Red Wings: 

17. Andre Burakovsky, Capitals: Burakovsky is 23 years old, is set to be a restricted free agent after this season and is an intriguing name who is available. He’s been passed in Washington by Jakub Vrana and scouts will tell you that they’re not sure which Burakovsky is going to show up on a given night. But when he’s going, he can be a difference maker. There’s definitely some intrigue here. The Capitals, according to multiple sources, are looking for a similar aged young player in return at this point. If the best offer is for futures, that’s a deal more likely to happen at the draft.

18. Trevor Daley, Red Wings: 

19. Alec Martinez, Kings: 

20. Nick Jensen, Red Wings: 

Michael Ferland, after a skewed brief education on him with another couple board members, I watched what highlights I could find and what scouting reports on him. What I read over the past couple of days he is definitely a player that interests me.

Carolina also has a couple of RD's that interest me.

20 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Ferland intrigues me as a player Sabres fans hoped Foligno would develop into.  A power forward that will hit, fight, block shots, hustles all over the ice and can get you twenty goals.

I'd give him 3.5 for 3 years as a UFA this summer.

Well... I am out now

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.