Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

15 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Thats reassuring to hear. GMTM would trade all 4 in a heartbeat.

He did trade them, but none were rentals.  Each deal was for someone with term remaining on their contracts.  So from that perspective, it's no different than the current comment about Botterill and rentals.

Tarasenko is a RW, age 26, with 4 more years on his contract after this year at a $7.5MM cap hit.

In his last 4 seasons, he has 37, 40, 39 and 33 goals.

Proposal:  KO, Nylander, Guhle, McCabe and the 2 worst first-rounders the Sabres have in the next 2 years for Tarasenko.

Does JB say no?  Does Armstrong?

(I think Armstrong says no.)

50 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

On the Tarasenko front, I'd use their 1st to strong arm them into a cheaper price. After all, do you really think St. Louis wants to run into Ottawa's predicament? 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Tarasenko is a RW, age 26, with 4 more years on his contract after this year at a $7.5MM cap hit.

Proposal:  KO, Nylander, Guhle, McCabe and the 2 worst first-rounders the Sabres have in the next 2 years for Tarasenko.

As much as I like Tarasenko, this team needs a 2nd line center, and not a middle of the pack or even a slightly above average middle of the pack center.

If I'm Botterill, as I watch this unfold, I hope other teams come in to scoop up Tarasenko and another one of their impact players, then use that 2020 1st (which it would most likely be) to seal a deal for a real impact 2nd line center. Having a 1 - 2 punch, a la the Leafs, would certainly be entertaining.

Love him or Hate him, ROR is the gift that appears to just keep on giving.

Interesting times to be sure.

Not sure why he is sucking this year, but Tarasenko is better than Skinner.

I’d rather pay Tarasenko $7.5 for four than Skinner that much for 8. Depends on what we could get for Skinner and what Tarasenko would cost. Vlad would not be cheap.

Leafs need to move for Parayko or Pietrangelo.

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

From 31 Thoughts with Friedman today. 

Botterill will not trade any of the firsts for rentals. 

Smart move, he recognizes where the team is 

4F10B1C9-DBEF-4BC6-9ECF-98FEC2FD26A3.png

This is kind of ambiguous though, no?

Is it saying we won't trade any firsts for rentals, or won't trade for rentals at all? Almost sounds like the latter. Which I think would be wrong stance to take. 

11 hours ago, dudacek said:

Not sure why he is sucking this year, but Tarasenko is better than Skinner.

I’d rather pay Tarasenko $7.5 for four than Skinner that much for 8. Depends on what we could get for Skinner and what Tarasenko would cost. Vlad would not be cheap.

Leafs need to move for Parayko or Pietrangelo.

this is a tough call, Skinner and Eichel already have some massive chemistry, there's no guarantee that Tarasenko would have the same with Eichel. Skinner and Eichel already work well and it's proven, but, i get your thoughts on contract length as well.

14 hours ago, nfreeman said:

IMHO, that's way too much to give up. History has shown us what happens when you deplete your defensive depth (06 season playoffs), McCabe being out has been really bad for us too. 

they wouldn't take KO either, not a chance

Edited by Marions Piazza

7 hours ago, Thorny said:

This is kind of ambiguous though, no?

Is it saying we won't trade any firsts for rentals, or won't trade for rentals at all? Almost sounds like the latter. Which I think would be wrong stance to take. 

First round picks don't really go for rentals all that often anymore anyway.  It has to be a fairly high end player to grab that return, and even then, you may still very well be looking at a deal where it's conditioned on re-signing.

When it comes to the Sabres picks, I feel like the only one that could be in play would be their own.  The San Jose and St Louis picks are still tied up in their conditions, so it's tough to trade something that isn't yet concrete.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.